Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Cooling with Mora 3 Radiator for SB Build Questions?

Water Cooling with Mora 3 Radiator for SB Build Questions?

After a lot of reading on both chilled water cooling and regular water cooling. I am going to get the Mora 3 with the floor pads for outside my Haf X case mounting and 9x120 "Ultra Kaze" fans. My ambient temps are right around 65F all year long.(Finished Basement) The pump is the MCP 655 adjustable. I am also going to use 9 "Phobya Shroud & Decoupling" pieces.

QUESTIONS:
    How does this sound for cooling capacity? What is the best way to connect all the fans. Do I still need a Reservoir? I have a EK res right now. This will be a new build.

THANKS!
    Last edited by 95RapidRiot; 02-15-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    E8400 Oc'd to 4.2GHz Max (Not 24/7)
    Thermalright IFX-14 Air Cooler (2 Ultra Kaze Fans)
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    GTX 280 Video Card Oc'd to 700Hz Core
    4GB G.Skill PC2 8500 CAS 5
    80GB VelociRaptor soon to try 3 in Raid 0
    Coolermaster COOLER MASTER HAF 922 Mid Tower
    Corsair 850TX

Chasing After Diety
    until i see numbers of the MORA side by side with 3 MCR320's i am not going to say its better.

Infact the design of the MORA takes us back to condensor style so im even willing to bet you can get better off 2 TC PA120.3 in series then a single MORA 3.

So before you go invest a lot in an oversized radaitor like that, id wait for real numbers.

Also what are you cooling?
    The things in your sig wouldnt even dent a XSPC RX360.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Aussie God
    I am building same, just with 4x EK VGA Supreme HF Nickel.. and a EK DCP 4.0 pump...
    I'll let you know if it goes well, but yea, I kind of expect it to
    To me; It looks liek it will benefit greatly from high flow fans
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

I want to cool the SB 2600K CPU and a GTX 580 GPU.

I have a PA 120.3 rad now but wanted to build something that is expandable. (GTX 580 in Sli)

M.Beier - I would love to see some results!
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Corsair 850TX

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rreinicherr View Post
    I want to cool the SB 2600K CPU and a GTX 580 GPU.

I have a PA 120.3 rad now but wanted to build something that is expandable. (GTX 580 in Sli)

M.Beier - I would love to see some results!
    Moras are pretty good but for SB and SLI 580s would be stupid to get one and 9x uk fans.. Grap a pa 120.4 or if your still after overkill grab a 560 hwlabs gtx and throw them scythe fans on it, it can handle triple the load of the hardware you mentioned

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Moras are pretty good but for SB and SLI 580s would be stupid to get one and 9x uk fans.. Grap a pa 120.4 or if your still after overkill grab a 560 hwlabs gtx and throw them scythe fans on it, it can handle triple the load of the hardware you mentioned
    Yet price is more attracting on the MoRa.

I somehow doubt a 560 performs equally.... But all 560 to my knowledge, cost quite a bit more.

EDIT;
    Shift!!! Want to build today, but weather is gray and borring, my cam does NOT appreciate that.... Oh well, think people will get the idea from less good quality pictures anyway
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Yet price is more attracting on the MoRa.

I somehow doubt a 560 performs equally.... But all 560 to my knowledge, cost quite a bit more.

EDIT;
    Shift!!! Want to build today, but weather is gray and borring, my cam does NOT appreciate that.... Oh well, think people will get the idea from less good quality pictures anyway
    I think you misunderstood me hehe, i meant it could handle his cpu + 580s x3 without having any issues, just using an example

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Aussie God
    Oh yeah, ofcause, sorry
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Aussie God
    480cm tubing.... 3 loops... gah....
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    480cm tubing.... 3 loops... gah....
    Ha.. Waste IMO.. 3x360s would perform better..

Aussie God
    Ha.. Waste IMO.. 3x360s would perform better..
    nah, and not 3x MoRa..
    1 loop is because I want to use my T30 (TEC cooled ram cooler), but it is alu - so made an alu loop...

A VGA loop
    a CPU loop

Idea is in my case to be able to use sometimes only waterblock on some components, and more powerful on other, therefore divided loops.
    Doubt other solution would perform much better - however, many much cheaper solutions - tihs is expensive as hell beyond doubt.... Its lunacy, but hey - hw is a lunacy already?
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Guru
    Ouch alu, why don't u go for mora 2 as it performs better, not sure the difference in prices as I've never really been interested in the moras..

Aussie God
    Read that Mora3 is less restrictive - which in my case is a positive thing... I was considering making 10mm ID split into 4x 10mm ID, I skipped that idea, from fear.... Build 2x 10mm ID splitted now, however, I think it will still be hard on pump, maybe I should look into a few quick release sometime soon..... But for now, I am happy to have the project overwith, looking much forward to getting home and fire her up....
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Guru
    I'm quite sure it runs better then the 2 must be wrong I guess... Quick disconnects using female n male would be the way to go off the graphic cards, res etc, makes life so much easier re assembling your rig if you ever need to replace hardware.. if your gonna use 4 then 2 pumps preferably 2x ddc pumps...

Xtreme Member
    Ouch alu, why don't u go for mora 2 as it performs better, not sure the difference in prices as I've never really been interested in the moras..
    Where did you get that info?

Xtreme Guru
    Ask WL, and check out bundy's review..

Banned
    hey bundy nice write up,I always thought the Mora2 outperformed the mora 3.. guess i was wrong .. Could you do a comparison against say 3x 360 rads, Also wonder how good 18x 1850 gts would perform using 140mm fan adapters..
    mora 3 will out do mora2..sorry Johnny

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke41 View Post
    mora 3 will out do mora2..sorry Johnny
    Yeah i say we need a proper review, i still dont think the 3 is better.. that was a old post..

Banned
    Yeah i say we need a proper review, i still dont think the 3 is better.. that was a old post..
    what's wrong with bundy review..you think he's lying ?

Xtreme Guru
    No not at all, just need a more thourough review about the mora product line, not much info on these..

I am Xtreme

Johnnysaywha?

AFAIC, a MO-RA is a MO-RA (i.e. they all suck) and the only time I'd recommend a MO-RA is when someone has their mind set on using a Alphacool Cape Cora (which über sucks) and even then I'd still try and talk them into using multiple MCR's.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post

Johnnysaywha?

AFAIC, a MO-RA is a MO-RA (i.e. they all suck) and the only time I'd recommend a MO-RA is when someone has their mind set on using a Alphacool Cape Cora (which über sucks) and even then I'd still try and talk them into using multiple MCR's.
    can you provide any proof for your childish assumption,..real world testing ,comparison ? say..MO-RA 3 vs. 3x360 RAD's..please
    Last edited by coolhandluke41; 02-18-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Xtreme Member
    i still dont think the 3 is better..
    Why do you think that? Based on the looks of the Mo-Ra 3 or what?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post

Johnnysaywha?

Have you ever tried a Mo-Ra? Or even just seen one IRL?

With all the discussion maybe I should just add another Rad to my PA 120.3? With two 360 rads I should also be set for quite a while. I think????

What is a good 120.3 rad that has a good price?

I like to read all opinions and advice. It is a good way to learn about all sides of a topic!

THANKS!
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Corsair 850TX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast