Thread: T400 downclocked-wont go back

Xtreme Addict

T400 downclocked-wont go back

Hey, so I've had this t400 for the past year and a half. It came with a P8400 and 2gigs of ddr3, 160gig hd. it was pretty good for a while, but i could feel the restriction of the ram. first upgrade was changing out the 160hd for a 500gig hybrid from seagate.

couple weeks after i decided it was time for the ram, i chose some 1066mhz 8gig kit from muskin but it was on back order at the local computer store. I picked up a 8gig set from patriot but rated at 1333Mhz. i thought that it would just down clock the ram to appropriate speed.

i installed the ram without issue, but didn't care to check the speed of the processor. about a week after the install i was running a guymaster program and noticed a serious slow down, both cores were 100% more often then not.

a quick check of cpuz showed 700mhz at the cpu! i went through the bios and disabled what i could, but that yielded 1.6ghz instead of my rated 2.2.
    ive checked around for bios updates and such but its all up to date. i then resulted to SETfsb but i haven't been able to identify my pll (even with sandra)my idea is to overclock it by changing the multi to 8 but currently is at 6 :S

any ideas or input?

Last edited by Monkeywoman; 02-24-2011 at 05:56 AM.
    Case-Coolermaster Cosmos S
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    Graphics Card-XFX R9 280X [out for RMA] using HD5870
    Hard Drive-Kingston 240Gig V300 master Seagate 160Gb slave Seagate 250Gb slave Seagate 500Gb slave Western Digital 500Gb
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    Logitech 5.1 Z5500 BOOST22
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Steam ID: alphamonkeywoman
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/933ab/