Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 Leaked

Crysis 2 Leaked

Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...rysis-2-Leaked

Almost 45 days before the scheduled release date, a complete build of Crysis 2 is freely available to people who frequent illegal download interwebsites.

According to a thread at Facepunch.com, the full code for Crytek's shooter sequel set in New York City, including multiplayer and the code key to deal with the online DRM, was posted today. No one is sure where the leak came from, but it's especially damaging because the game is near to being declared gold and shipping to retailers. If the code is recent, it's basically the game that everyone will be playing if they purchase the disc. Crysis 2 is set to come out for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on March 22nd.

"So a late developement build of Crysis 2 has gone up on certain sites, it includes the full game, including multiplayer," said user Tom Costello from the Facepunch forums. "It also includes the DRM Solidshield master key files, which only ing handles the online activation.

"Crytek are going to be so ing mad," he concluded.

Damn straight, they are.
    Hey guys, first post on these forums. Can't help but laugh.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    bad news for ea

Xtreme Member
    i will wait for it i pre order it anyway
    Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.

Xtreme Guru
    Yea I saw some vid on Youtube earlier today. Supposedly it's a rather early build that has to be run at medium quality settings as with higher quality it'll have a lot of missing textures.

I have a bit mixed feelings about this. I don't like how PC gamers will get the blame for piracy acts yet again but then I don't like how all games seem to get more and more attention for consoles either. Either way PC gaming community have more to lose on this than EA, hopefully PC gamers will still buy this game so we don't have to hear even more whining.

I sometimes wonder if Crytek did this on purpose so they can blame the PC gamers for piracy so they have a good reason to not even release a PC version next time.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 02-11-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Enthusiast

Jesus This is really bad for EA,I think EA Must release this game after Week Because this situation was bad and should EA take steps about it

Xtreme Addict
    I may download the copy just to check it out, but I'm still going to purchase the game when it comes out.
    As quoted by LowRun......"So, we are one week past AMD's worst case scenario for BD's availability but they don't feel like communicating about the delay, I suppose AMD must be removed from the reliable sources list for AMD's products launch dates"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The one on youtube is lame. Medium settings on GTX 460. Give it a little time. Would like to see how it runs on a high end rig on ultra settings.

I am Xtreme
    So how good is the build? Any point in downloading it? How's the graphics?
    Last edited by zalbard; 02-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Would you like some Pie?
    lol i posted on the wrong forum from tapatalk :|
    Last edited by Roadhog; 02-12-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Xeon W3520 @ 4.0Ghz ~ 3x 7970 ~ 12GB DDR3 ~ Dell U2711

Xtreme Member
    It's not the full final build.

NFO from the leaked build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis.2.BETA.MULTI.5.READNFO-P2P
    Genre: Action (Shooter) / 3D / 1st Person
    Released: 2011
    Developer: Crytek
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Publisher in Russia: Electronic Arts
    Language: English (original) / French / German / Spanish / Turkish

Description: The world was shocked with a series of environmental disasters, and mankind is on the verge of extinction.
    Aliens have returned, determined to wipe people off the face of the earth and started at the same time with one of the most iconic cities of the earth.
    New York streets flooded with alien invaders, and the wave of the walking nightmares gradually engulfing the city and its inhabitants.
    Urban communication systems are destroyed, the buildings are in ruins.
    This New York City you've ever seen.
    Neither law enforcement organizations, nor the U.S. military machine can not cope with the invaders,
    and all who could not escape in time, are already dead. To survive in this chaos, you need the technology,
    about which neither the earth's soldiers also have no idea.
    One person will inherit something that will help him survive.
    One super-soldiers, armed and equipped with the latest technologies of the future in Nanosuit 2,
    take a desperate attempt to save humanity in the streets of New York.

Minimum system requirements:
    -CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 2 GHz
    -VIDEO: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512MB or AMD Radeon HD 3850 512 MB
    -RAM: 2 GB for XP / 3 GB for Vista
    -SOUND: DX-Compatible
    -HDD: 9 GB

Installation:
    1. Mount the image.
    2. Copy this folder to your hard drive.
    3. Run the file from the folder Crysis2.exe Bin32.
    4. To offer a login to click Skip
    5. Play.

RELEASE AND UPLOADER NOTE:
    1.This is the full version, but an early build, leaked to the network.
    You can run any level, there are rollers, etc.
    But it is visible that the beta - some of the inscriptions & features are not final.

Xtreme Member
    I don't understand how people get a hold of these games...don't the games just get developed at a studio somewhere, how do they get out?
    My System

Core i7 970 @ 4.0Ghz
    Asus P6X58D Mobo
    6GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 Memory
    1000watt Corsair PSU
    Windows 7 64bit
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB

this should actually be great for EA, just look at things like fallout3/batman:AA. were leaked with a final build 3 months or so before the game came out. it was shared and then the launch for a non mainstream game had a great 1st month on the consoles and on the PC.

this is just going to be a nice batch of free advertising if the game has good concepts and play, and if not then it might be good outside beta testing and they will get some patches to game play quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Butters View Post
    I don't understand how people get a hold of these games...don't the games just get developed at a studio somewhere, how do they get out?
    there are evaluation and review samples, there are also ones that go out to hardware makers to optimize drivers and promotional materials to retailers so the people who decide on order counts can evaluate potential sales outside of pre orders/launch. there are also copies that go to online distributors to test the added drm wrappers and the EA down loader based versions of games get leaked alot.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 02-11-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

I preordered it but I really hope this doesn't affect sales when it comes out. Glad to see it's not the final build tho that should help when it goes on sale since most who downloaded it and like it will probably buy the game.
    Desktop: I7 930 @ 4.35 ghz
    EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard
    2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI
    12GB G-Skill DDR3 1600 ram
    Samsung 275t 27inch monitor
    Corsair AX1200w psu
    128GB SSD for OS
    2 Seagate 1TB Raid 0 storage
    LIAN LI PC-A60C (copper edition collectors)
    Laptop: Alienware M17x
    Core2 Duo T9600
    2 GTX-280m's in SLI
    8 Gigs DDR3 1333 ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate on both Rigs

Quote Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
    I preordered it but I really hope this doesn't affect sales when it comes out. Glad to see it's not the final build tho that should help when it goes on sale since most who downloaded it and like it will probably buy the game.
    remember the pc version is a marketing tool/tech demo; the console one is were the money is. if anything this puts crysis back in the news and it shows if the game is good or not.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    remember the pc version is a marketing tool/tech demo; the console one is were the money is. if anything this puts crysis back in the news and it shows if the game is good or not.
    I'll be picking it up the first time I can get it at a decent sale price, for the PC... but so much for any decent multiplayer they may have made, going to be hacks galore now . I must be one of the few people who actually LIKED Crysis 1.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Halo 3 FINAL RETAIL BUILD was leaked two weeks prior to release.
    Microsoft didn't complain. The game sold a bazillion copies.

Half Life 2 got an early alpha build leaked long ago.
    Valve said "Well, ", and made everything as possible to reduce damage. The game also sold a bazillion copies.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been in Warez sites for two days now, and it's not going to be released till next week. You can bet your ass it will sell a few 'llion copies nonetheless.

Leaks happen, and people need to accept it.
    Heck, freaking CoD Blops was both the most pirated game and the most sold game on PC last year. That says a lot (both good and bad).
    Knowing how Crytek whined when Crysis didn't sell like a Halo title we can expect they will take stupid and unjustified measures because of this leak.

The PC version better outsells or at least not be noticeably behind the X360 and/or the PS3 versions, or Crysis 3 will really end up being a console exclusive as some were sarcastically saying...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kadozer View Post
    The one on youtube is lame. Medium settings on GTX 460. Give it a little time. Would like to see how it runs on a high end rig on ultra settings.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOMmFkDP5m4

this is with a 5850 at high settings. dunno if there will be ultra settings or very high settings, but if this gameplay is real the game is going to be not as heavy as first crysis.

ps lol at 3.20 ?

p.s. sorry 4 my english

EDIT: also found this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7NwsjOHaM

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKRGD5Z1D8
    Last edited by .::NeO::.; 02-12-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Butters View Post
    Perhaps a disgruntled employee. Most companies trust their developers. We used to run incomplete builds of games at work to test them studio-wide

Obviously that means that anyone in the studio could have stolen it by simply copying it to a USB drive.
    i5 750 4.20GHz @ NH-D14 | 8GB | P7P55DLE | 8800U | Indilinx SSD + Samsung F3 | HAF922 + CM750W
    Past: Q6600 @ 3.60 E6400 @ 3.60 | E6300 @ 3.40 | O165 @ 2.90 | X2 4400+ @ 2.80 | X2 3800+ @ 2.70 | VE 3200+ @ 2.80 | WI 3200+ @ 2.75 | WI 3000+ no IHS @ 2.72 | TBB 1700+ @ 2.60 | XP-M 2500+ @ 2.63 | NC 2800+ @ 2.40 | AB 1.60GHz @ 2.60
    Quote Originally Posted by CompGeek
    The US is the only country that doesn't use [nuclear weapons] to terrorize other countries. The US is based on Christian values, unlike any other country in the world. Granted we are straying from our Christian heritage, but we still have a freedom aimed diplomatic stance.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by AnXioZ View Post
    It's not the full final build.

NFO from the leaked build.

The leak is a RAR with config.cfg to modify ...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontos View Post
    Halo 3 FINAL RETAIL BUILD was leaked two weeks prior to release.
    Microsoft didn't complain. The game sold a bazillion copies.

Half Life 2 got an early alpha build leaked long ago.
    Valve said "Well, ", and made everything as possible to reduce damage. The game also sold a bazillion copies.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been in Warez sites for two days now, and it's not going to be released till next week. You can bet your ass it will sell a few 'llion copies nonetheless.

Leaks happen, and people need to accept it.
    Heck, freaking CoD Blops was both the most pirated game and the most sold game on PC last year. That says a lot (both good and bad).
    Knowing how Crytek whined when Crysis didn't sell like a Halo title we can expect they will take stupid and unjustified measures because of this leak.

The PC version better outsells or at least not be noticeably behind the X360 and/or the PS3 versions, or Crysis 3 will really end up being a console exclusive as some were sarcastically saying...
    Microsoft did complain. Anyone that was playing the fake copy online had their xbox live account banned till the year 9999.

As for the half life 2 leak. Did you read what happened. Valve hunted the guy down and got him arrested. Companies get really pissed off when this stuff happens and demands blood.

The thing is the most pirated games are the most popular game, so it is irrational to think that pirating doesn't effect sales. If you go to redflagdeals, you will see some people condone PC game pirating because they justify they need to save the money so they can afford the PC hardware. People will rationalize it anyway they can.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Member
    Who in his right mind would want to play this buggy and incomplete build anyway? NO thanks

I am Xtreme
    Gah... I just cancled my normal copy of crysis2.... instead I ordered the limited eidtion...

I thought discussing about stealing was not allowed. Close the thread and ban the clown who opened it please, thx

all outta gum
    People still care about Crysis? lol.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cold2010 View Post
    bad news for ea
    Who cares about ea. This is a mess for crytek... I hope they'll track down the source of the leak.
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast