Thread: Foxconn Bloodrage GTI - Can't find the third dimm

Foxconn Bloodrage GTI - Can't find the third dimm

Hello XS,
    A long time lurker checking in to request help!

Some time ago i bought a GTX 470 to improve game performance and everything was fine. Later i bought a Bloodrage GTI, I7 930 and 6GB of corsair DDR3 PC-12800. At first it worked fine for several months, but then i mounted a different cooler (with backplate) and when i booted after the mount, it gave me the E8 -> 01 -> b2 -> 00 error (i think it was that one, but the solution might tell you which 1 it was).

I tried booting with the different stick in all 3 slots, and all 3 would work in slot 1, but if anything was placed in the other slots, it wouldn't boot.
    After that i proceded to look all over the internet for a solution and tried several debugging steps (FYI, i was running P10 all the time leading up to the error). The solution turned out to be to flash to G42, atleast a part of the solution. I could now get it to boot with all the sticks in, but it would only find the ones in slot 1 and 2.

After that i tried everything i could think of, i reset the bios settings to default, i tried manually setting all the settings, i tried taking the motherboard out the case and blow out the slots, blow out the socket and check for bent pins (which i did not find), mount the intel stock cooler which it had worked with, tried mounting the coolermaster z600 which it had worked fine with (didn't quite cool enough), i tried 2 different GFX, both a 9800GTX and an 8600GT. None of all that worked so now I'm getting bit desperate and thinking whether it should be send to RMA

I haven't tried using my cpu or ram in a different motherboard because it's the only X58 board i have, so it could be the CPU that's gone bad, but it can't be the ram, because they all work in slots 1 and 2, but if I put 1 in the third slot as the only block, it will just give me the post code that says it can't find any ram.

I tried taking a picture of the socket in case i missed something, but i couldn't get a picture with even lighting.

Technician
    Clear cmos, boot into bios and load optimised defaults. Save and exit, boot back into bios and set everything up. Don't use loaded profiles from different bioses, it'll cause issues.

No guarantee this will fix it but its quick and easy to try .

Xtreme Member
    check the pins on the cpu
    as you may find some may not be touching correctly
    as you said you changed the heatsink so may upset the cpu a little

as i know if you lose dimm 3 is normal the pins been bent or not making contact

Technician
    Well spotted Carl - can't believe I missed that. Check it with the retail cooler and see if its back to normal. If so go easy on the mounting pressure next time .

Xtreme Addict
    VTT can sometimes use a bit more volts, it causes loosing dimm slot too (and low vDimm can too).

Try upping VTT +100 mV .. if it works, its that. Not all CPUs have same VTT and same goes for ram. My current can run with stock VTT no problem, G.skills before needed +200 mV to run at specified speed. Though they didnt even boot at stock VTT.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Thank you for the help guys, unfortunately i already tried most of the things.
    Clear CMOS - Opti. defaults - reboot - set settings, intel stock cooler, increasing volts --- Noone of it worked
    In regards to bent pins I don't think there are any, but I can check again. If there are no bent pins what to do

Xtreme Addict
    damaged socket pin?

Xtreme Addict
    If pins are ok, I would try different CPU, but I guess that will be bit hard.. It can be dead IMC channel.. I saw this on AMD and guessing that it can happen on i7 too, due very similar design.

Or it can be mobo.. but Bloodrage is very rarely cause of problems..
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Anything else i should check for while I am at it? Due to the way my watercooling loop is (no water has been spilled), it is a pain in the ass to remove the motherboard, and draining the loop is rather tedious.

Technician
    Reflashed bios? Don't do the flash with a 470 just in case - have you got another vid card you can try? Only other thing I can suggest without pulling the board and trying it stock out of the case...

Xtreme Addict
    same problem with my sabertooth yesterday...

fix with 1.35v-qpi 1.65v-dram

Xtreme Addict
    v-qpi is what.. uncore?
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    Reflashed bios? Don't do the flash with a 470 just in case - have you got another vid card you can try? Only other thing I can suggest without pulling the board and trying it stock out of the case...
    Reflash the mobo bios?

The only problem with trying a different CPU is, it is also the only 1366 CPU i have.