Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominator GT V3.0

Xtreme Member

Dominator GT V3.0

What chips does this set use?

These don't use those Hyper's that die, do they?

$160 for a 3x2 kit fair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister
    Do you really go on your computer...to look at computers?

Xtreme 3D Team
    Micron IC's. Depending on specs, not sure if $160 is fair or not.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Micron IC's. Depending on specs, not sure if $160 is fair or not.
    What are these Micron's capable of generally?

Wasn't aware they came with multiple specs lol, but I guess that is kinda a no brainer..whoops. Comes with fan too.

This is them:

Last edited by fl0w3n; 02-10-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Well, definately 1600C7 lol which I would say is a good sign. I haven't personally seen many results of these sticks around, but it seems to me that the IC's might be similar to those on the Crucial Ballistix sticks.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Well, definately 1600C7 lol which I would say is a good sign. I haven't personally seen many results of these sticks around, but it seems to me that the IC's might be similar to those on the Crucial Ballistix sticks.
    Hahah yeah, well I've got 1600C6 2x2 kit right now, and just want to replace it with a decent 3x2 kit.

Got a link to the Ballistix you are speaking of?

Hmm, I'd really like to know capabilities before I get them. I'd really like to run 2kC8...don't we all

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by fl0w3n View Post
    Hahah yeah, well I've got 1600C6 2x2 kit right now, and just want to replace it with a decent 3x2 kit.

Got a link to the Ballistix you are speaking of?

Hmm, I'd really like to know capabilities before I get them. I'd really like to run 2kC8...don't we all
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-254-_-Product

I'm not sure what Crucial uses in them, but they tend to use Micron chips as much as possible considering they are a division of Micron.
    Smile

Brilliant Idiot
    Sounds like D9 micron KPT.

Not sure of 2000 speeds, 1800 possible but not likely at decent timings 24/7.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Addict
    freaksavior on tpu had them on his i7 running 2000CL8 1.8v D9KPT OEM's linx and 32m stable i will see if he still has them and has screenshots

Xtreme Member
    Meh I'm not shelling out the money for them, and I don't think he's too interested in trading for my WC loop so oh well.

Not sure what sticks I want, either though

Xtreme 3D Team
    If you dont mind going another route, this kit might suit you well when its back in stock -
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-352-_-Product

I'd imagine CAS 8-9-8 or 8-10-8, possibly even 7-9-7 at 2000.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    If you dont mind going another route, this kit might suit you well when its back in stock -
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-352-_-Product

I'd imagine CAS 8-9-8 or 8-10-8, possibly even 7-9-7 at 2000.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=266602

Already have PM'ed him...

But now I see Jor3lBR also has 3x2gb 2200C8 Speed series for sale for $250...way out of the budget I wanted to spend, but very tempted to get those from him.

Xtreme 3D Team
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=266602

Already have PM'ed him...

But now I see Jor3lBR also has 3x2gb 2200C8 Speed series for sale for $250...way out of the budget I wanted to spend, but very tempted to get those from him.
    Btw-

I assume you are on X58/1366 as you are looking for a tri-channel kit correct?

I've got a 2x2GB kit of those 2200 C8 sticks up at TPU, lowered the price to hell, nobody bit. Everyone believes PSC is the future, even though D9 and Hyper clock very well at tight timings. With P55 it's all about the highest memory clock you can get, even if you are at CAS 12 these days.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Btw-

I assume you are on X58/1366 as you are looking for a tri-channel kit correct?

I've got a 2x2GB kit of those 2200 C8 sticks up at TPU, lowered the price to hell, nobody bit. Everyone believes PSC is the future, even though D9 and Hyper clock very well at tight timings. With P55 it's all about the highest memory clock you can get, even if you are at CAS 12 these days.
    Indeed I am. Currently I'm running Mushkin Redline 2x2gb 1600CL6-8-6 kit which I assume is PSC, never really clocked them though.
    Just mainly want to switch to have "proper" utilization of my setup lol.

What did you wind up getting down to?

I'm stuck between waiting to see if he lowers the price on the 3x2 speed kit, and getting them for a price better in my budget but possibly loosing out on the sticks; or just snagging them now and really setting myself back financially for the rest of my "build" lol

ARG! I want to buy Jor3lBR's sticks AND his K|ngP|n cpu/vga pot, which would be perfect because then the speed sticks will really make a difference benching...but then I have no money to actually put my system in a case like I wanted lol. Decisions decisions

edit: okay so Jor3lBR tells me that the Speed sticks may already be sold, so so-much for waiting out the price lol. Maybe you should list your sticks here, BeepBeep2 lol
    Last edited by fl0w3n; 02-11-2011 at 08:47 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Everyone believes PSC is the future,

not everyone...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    not everyone...
    Thats old stock

Indeed I am. Currently I'm running Mushkin Redline 2x2gb 1600CL6-8-6 kit which I assume is PSC, never really clocked them though.
    Just mainly want to switch to have "proper" utilization of my setup lol.

What did you wind up getting down to?

I'm stuck between waiting to see if he lowers the price on the 3x2 speed kit, and getting them for a price better in my budget but possibly loosing out on the sticks; or just snagging them now and really setting myself back financially for the rest of my "build" lol
    lol, I'm down to $170 shipped over there now, I think I'm gonna re list them here at my original price of $200 shipped.

Heck, I put my LAPPED 1000 grit 965BE up over there for $120, its been like that since december, nobody wanted it, then last week a moderator posts his 965BE for $125 and it was sold within a few days.

No more talk from me about my sales, thats what the FS forum is for.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Well I figured I'd start trying to learn some of the tricks of mem-oc'ing, so I'm up to 1857 6-8-6-24 1.72 (don't know if it's needed, just set it there) on my 1600 6-8-6-24 rated sticks, 1m stable. I tried 2133 10-10-10-31 with up to 1.84 volts but I get a no post.

What are the secrets of getting fast pi times in relation to memory? (ignoring CPU), probably higher clocks compared to tighter timings? Is 1m stability comparable to 32m stability? Amount of memory>speed?

Xtreme 3D Team
    Well I figured I'd start trying to learn some of the tricks of mem-oc'ing, so I'm up to 1857 6-8-6-24 1.72 (don't know if it's needed, just set it there) on my 1600 6-8-6-24 rated sticks, 1m stable. I tried 2133 10-10-10-31 with up to 1.84 volts but I get a no post.

What are the secrets of getting fast pi times in relation to memory? (ignoring CPU), probably higher clocks compared to tighter timings? Is 1m stability comparable to 32m stability? Amount of memory>speed?
    Start with 6-8-6, then 6-9-6, then 7-9-7, then 8-9-8, or possibly 7-10-7, I'd like to see your results.
    Don't pass 1.7v, it's not worth it, and don't pass 1.8v for sure, you are looking into damage territory.

IF you can not do 2133 CAS 10, you are looking at CPU bottleneck, the IMC won't do it. I'm not familiar with voltages used for i7 to help with IMC woes.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Start with 6-8-6, then 6-9-6, then 7-9-7, then 8-9-8, or possibly 7-10-7, I'd like to see your results.
    Don't pass 1.7v, it's not worth it, and don't pass 1.8v for sure, you are looking into damage territory.

IF you can not do 2133 CAS 10, you are looking at CPU bottleneck, the IMC won't do it. I'm not familiar with voltages used for i7 to help with IMC woes.
    When you say start with those timings, you mean when trying to boot 2133?

Well I'll start giving it a little more VTT to help the IMC then.

I am Xtreme
    Thats old stock

wrong guess

Xtreme Member
    Tried many combinations to get 2133 to work, but this is a new board for me too (evga e760) so I'm learning the bios too since I've never even clocked it yet.

Finally settled on 1856 6-8-6-24 1.65v 1m stable lol.

When I have more time I'll get into it harder.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    wrong guess
    So what you are saying, is that under that heatsink of what I believe is 2200 CL8-8-8-24 specced ram that costs $300 is not Elpida Hyper? How can you tell me "wrong guess"? It's old stock, or it's a new IC that's capable of everything Hyper ever was. Elpida started shifting focus toward higher density and discontinued MNH-E, MGH-E, and BBSE.

So what's under the hood, master?
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 02-11-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Member

Xtreme 3D Team
    Start at 1600, make 6-8-6 go as far as you can, rinse repeat with 6-9-6, then 7-9-7
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Start at 1600, make 6-8-6 go as far as you can, rinse repeat with 6-9-6, then 7-9-7
    I'm going to wait for this week when I get my new loop setup and a block that actually fits my 1366 socket

Then I'll push the IMC on the CPU and see what these sticks can do.

I was trying last night on a stock CPU lol.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looking for some super high quality overclock RAM (3x 2GB) for my Gigabyte X58-UD9 board which will be running a 990x at sub-zero.

What is the top dog these days? Dominator GT's?

Would going from 3x 2GB to 3x 4GB hamper over clock ability greatly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast