Thread: XS DC, I need your help.

Xtreme Cruncher

XS DC, I need your help.

XS WCG,

Many of you may not recognize my name, as I've not been part of XS DC for quite some time now, however there was a time many moons ago I was quite active crunching with as many as 7 PC's stuffed in a 1 room dorm. As a founding member of XS Collegiate Mafia and XS The Machine (two dominant forces of pie eating, data crunching collaborative teams) I have come to ask a favor of the XS Community from which I was a part of for many years.

I am getting married in 2011, and with a wedding comes great expenses and Crate and Barrel has put up a contest in which you can win 100,000 dollars towards a wedding, with other runner up prizes up to 1,000 dollars in Crate and Barrel gift cards.

So i'm asking XS WCG to help me with some votes to atleast guarantee my fiancee and I a shot at the 100,000 prize, which in order to be eligible for you must be in the top 100 then it goes to their panel and with the engagement story below, I would like to think we have a good shot.

I ask that you go to this site
    http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entry/97138

and vote for us, using a valid email that you can get access to in order to confirm it is a real email address.

My advice is to uncheck the "receive C&B email" if you dont want to hear from Crate and Barrel

Now for the fun part.

I will volunteer my Q9450 to any WCG participant/team for 60 days (3.0gHz quad core with almost no usage on it) after I let the WCG team have a chance to vote. I will wait around 30 or 45 days and then pull all the names of poeple who have voted (please post in this thread if you have voted) and brown paper bag all the names and pull one at random. I will publicly post who has one and PM them requesting log in information for their WCG account, or I can create a new one in their name up to you. I will consider this the grand prize and open to anyone in the world.

For second, third and fourth prize: I will offer up some local goodies from Arizona where I live.

Second prize is a 20 dollar box full of Arizona made salsa ranging from Medium to crazy hot.

Third Prize is a candy sampler made from Arizona/SW agriculture goods, Cacti and other local fare

Fourth prize is a jar of prcikly pear cacti syrup ( a local favorite)

I ask that 2,3,4 prizes be only Continental USA so I can afford to ship them while trying to save for a wedding. These names will be pulled from the same brown paper bag so once the winner is pulled, I will pull 3 more names afterwards. The 2,3,4 prizes are negotiable if there is something you want more from Arizona and you are the winner we can discuss of course, I want this to be fun too.

You can vote as many times as you have valid emails, Repeat votes will get more entries into the bag. I will do this based on the honor system, if you voted 4 times, please post and say you voted 4 times. I've grown to trust the XS DC teams and I feel no one will do any malicious posting here for fear of receiving a phone call from Dave (Movieman).

Thank You So much, and as a little taste for those who don't want to click on the link but still may want to read/share what I think is an incredible proposal You will find it below.

Thank You SO SO much for what you crunchers do for society too

Nikki was on a business trip for her company's corporate philanthropy program to India, but on the way home she had a day layover in Dubai. Jim had traveled to Dubai before and had a colleague still working there, and he arranged for Nikki to meet up with him so he could show her around during her long layover. Warren, Jim's colleague, and his wife Chrissy picked Nikki up at the Dubai airport and started to show her around the area.
    About an hour later, everyone decided they were hungry and Warren and Chrissy took Nikki to this resort-type area to show her around some more and get something to eat. The resort seemed like it was modeled after Venice, Italy, and it was beautiful! In the near distance, just outside the resort, was the Burj Al Arab, the world's tallest and only 7 star hotel. To get a better picture, Warren suggested Nikki get a little closer and take a picture off a bridge to ensure a clear shot.
    As Nikki got to the bridge, she looked up, and there was Jim. He was all dressed up and looking adorable with his dress shirt, pants, and Tiffany cuff links. She was in shock, yet she knew why he was there. He got down on one knee and asked her to marry him, and she of course said yes! She was still so amazed that she was shaking and she could hardly open the white bow on the Tiffany blue box that contained her engagement ring! She finally got it open, put it on, and it's the most gorgeous thing that she had ever seen. And the rest, is history... (:

Fanboy of Good Products
    I voted one time. Good luck!
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Voted four times, hope you win.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Man, time to make some fake accounts..
    So far I've only got one.. We should sticky this.

EDIT: Now I got like 4.
    Last edited by lkiller123; 02-06-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Ok, voted, but I request any prizes that by some fluke turn up in my name be either redrawn or just sent to someone whom I'll name in PM if it comes up. I'm overseas.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Egyptian OverClocker
    voted two times

Good luck
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Egyptian OverClocker
    voted two times

Good luck
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Xtreme Member
    I can vote for you a few times at least but don't count those until I edit this post confirming that I did so. I might be able to get a hold of some of the emails that me and a friend made for lockerz.com. Me and him made a little over 100 emails but I don't know if I will be able to get on those.

Good luck in the competition ^^.

Cruncher #1: i7 860 @ 3.6GHz
    Cruncher #2: "WatSon" i7 4670k @ 4.0GHz / GTX 760 for GPUGRID

Xtreme Mentor
    I do remember you from back in the D2OL days. Voted three times, good luck sir.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thanks guys, This is what makes XS great. Two quick things.

1.) Please make the amount of votes you've cast exact, I saw above someone said "Like 4 times" I will have to take that as 4 times, I don't want to short change anyone or over estimate.

2.) I will also allow the winners of the 2nd,3rd,4th prize modify to something else... I will make cash donation to XS for the prize amount + approx shipping in their name since i See XS now accepts donations and i can only imagine the bandwidth needed to run this great site.

voted twice for yea.. i could do two more, but 2 emails with ifmu in the label is a bit pushing it.... 2 more might be too much. lol

my deepest condolences btw.... huh... the death of such a good guy... ^_^ congrats man and luck with the contest!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I voted once, Congrats and Good Luck
    XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - November 1 - 8
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Cruncher
    Just got four more, now totaling 8.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Voted for you, good luck

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thanks Everyone who has voted, I was away on business this past week with no access to the real internet, only through approved websites by my company boo!

Names are starting to get cut, so far it looks to be easy to win something with limited entries, apparently XS WCG doesnt like my prizes

DAVE!!!! Stick this please

Xtreme Member
    I voted 4 times and I'll see if I can vote more. Good luck.

Xtreme Cruncher
    We are still hanging in there!!!!

Need more votes!!! Thanks to everyone who has voted so far.

Post #2,000 for me? only took 6 years of being here

Xtreme Member
    Congrats on the 2000th post! Pretty impressive.

I'll try to get a couple more emails.

Xtreme Member
    1 Vote from me

Seems you well in the top 100

Hope it all goes well

NooB MOD
    And another from me

XS The Machine was cool
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Cruncher
    You're well in the top 100 - number 39 currently.

I got one vote in for now, I'll try to get a couple more in soon.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???