Thread: H67S incompatible with PicoPSU 150XT?

H67S incompatible with PicoPSU 150XT?

Recently I picked up a Foxconn H67S mitx motherboard and a 2300 CPU (intending to underclock). Unfortunately while it powers up on a normal ATX supply I can't get it to work with the PicoPSU 150W and a 150W DC power adapter.

I have tried two different PicoPSU's and dc adapters and I can't get the motherboard to start at all. It will start on a normal ATX PSU and a Pentium 4 board (really ancient) will also start on the PicoPSU/DC adapter.

I have tried contacting Foxconn support but its been two weeks and no useful response. Mini box the manufacturer of the PicoPSU have not responded at all to even acknowledge my support request.

Does anyone know if there is an incompatibility between PicoPSUs and the H67S, or any/all of the mitx H67 machines? Can it be fixed or should I send everything back?

Xtreme Addict
    I really wish to help you, but I have no clue how. Except reading manual, if it doesnt say something specific about PSUs. Or trying to Google answer. Or trying different picoPSU.

This is Foxconn - Quantum Force forum. QF boards are highspec overclocking motherboards. So its bit unlikely that anyone here (except Foxconn engineers) would be able to help you.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Addict
    I would suggest that you get in contact with the manufacture of the PSU http://www.mini-box.com/
    They have always been very helpful to me.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Member
    the other reason you not getting a answer it chine new year right now and most will be on holiday till next week.
    so you will have to wait for them to come back before you get answer from them

anyway all sandybridge board will be recalled for the sata bug they all have.

In 4 weeks Foxconn support has given me no help at all (although they did at least respond) and Mini box have failed to even respond. A micro ATX supply works so I've changed my plans dramatically and it'll be a much larger box.

Alas now I can't get the Sandy Bridge GPU to hardware accelerate. Foxconn's drivers installer crashes. So I tried Intel's drivers and they do install but crash when you try to run anything 3D (even Windows SAT crashes the drivers).

This H67S is proving to be a very poor purchase, its clearly got issues and I doubt I've found the extent of them yet.

Shame on both companies for their lack of support. I wouldn't buy anything from either of them again.
    Last edited by BrightCandle; 02-20-2011 at 03:41 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Well, trust me, I wouldnt buy anything from Foxconn except Quantum-Force line either.

Though, usually there is some solution..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Member
    dont know why you have problem with 3d
    i've tested with no problems

so it could be your memory with problem

why the PicoPSU's does not work i have no idea
    but not the first time I've been told they don't work. so have to say I've look at one in the past and am surprise that they even work lol

anyway way the board are been recalled so the new board may be better or not

so why do every one complain about foxconn when they have one board with a problem,

so why you not taken you board back to were you buy it as they should support you . as they sold the board to you not foxconn

if you in the EU you can contact me for support if you not then i can not help

Xtreme Addict
    Does the turbo on H67 boards only OC 1 core when the chip is under load or all 4?
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.