Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another kickass Crysis 2 trailer

I am Xtreme
    i just want to see the demo, to compare highest possible custom stetting on cryengien 2 vs 3.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Looks kinda cool, but its a console kiddy game.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Carfax View Post
    I suppose everyone is different but if you ever played the original Crysis, how can you not be impressed by what is seen in the trailer?
    There. You awnsered you own question.
    Murray Walker: "And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's McLaren as he enters the Swimming Pool."

James Hunt: "Well, that should put them out then."

Xtreme Member
    I think it was okay until a 25mm AP round got deflected by the suit...

"We are going to hell, so bring your sunblock..."

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by sutyi View Post
    I guess you never played crysis 1 then...

Xtreme Member
    well, i think that trailer decided it for me. going to replace my 4870 with a 560.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by sutyi View Post
    Dude, it's the NanoSuit™. Maximum everything.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    maximum inertial dampening, cept they don't have to say, cause it's pretty much in every game ever created by accident.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If it lets me be as creative taking out the enemies as the first game(s) did, and hopefully they'll pit us against more humans than what we've seen so far, I'll be happy... And if the graphics on the PC are better than the first game, that would be the first time that's happened since Metro 2033 (before that it was the first Crysis).. Just went to a friend's place to see his new PC in action (i7 965 I think, HD6970, SSD, 8gigs of RAM and ASUS Sabertooth mobo), and when you can crank everything up to very high, you realise HOW far ahead of it's time the first Crysis and Warhead actually were... We're talking about a game almost 3½ years old, which still looks and plays better on the PC than shooters released today (go away Black Ops, I can't even press buttons in the menu!)...

I'm looking forward to it after finishing the first Crysis 6 times, and Warhead 3 (yes, I had a bit of downtime in Q4 2007), because I simply love the way the Nano-suit lets you play the game the way you want... Hoping they can re-make that feeling...

Best Regards
    Silverstone RAVEN RV02|
    Core i5 2500K@4.4GHz, 1,300V|
    Corsair A70|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty|
    Corsair Dominator DDR1600 4x4096MB@DDR3-1600@1.65V|Sapphire HD7970 3GB 1075/1475MHz|
    Corsair Force F120 120GB SSD SATA-II, WD Caviar Black 2x1TB SATA-II 32mb, Hitatchi 320GB SATA-II 16mb|Silverstone DA750 750w PSU|

You mean "Another kicknothingass Crysis 2 trailer" right ?
    2500K, 6970, Acer 245HQ

E8400@3.85 + Vdroop P5K

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeager View Post
    You mean "Another kicknothingass Crysis 2 trailer" right ?
    And the point of this post was.. Youre trying to be clever right?

Id put good money down that half these naysayers will end up playing the game. I cant tell you how many guys i know have bashed a game until a friend starts playing it and enjoys it. anyhow it looks like it will be fun unless hackers over run it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    IMO the trailer was kinda bush league and the music was terrible.... the game play though looks pretty good. they have expanded on allot of things that bugged me in the first game and it looks to be a more believable experience. I loved the first game and Warhead as the maps were open and it was a very well done FPS. lots of people bash Crysis because it's "more of the same" or "not innovative" or in some cases "is a kiddy game" is a freaking FPS...what do you expect? there is no room for innovation in FPS because once you stray from the first person view of shooting stuff it ceases to be FPS...

FPS is made by, levels, gunplay and speed balance, AI and graphics... something the first game was GREAT for because the PC allowed them to move past the console hardware limits...

I really hope they did not dumb down any of those things for this game.... if they manage to pull it off I will be impressed but for some reason i can just feel that the console stamp will be all over the PC version. I am looking forward to the demo however. if it will take all of 30secs to determine if it's a straight port or not.... the diff can be felt in look/movement speed and in the way guns respond almost instantly

i am really liking the almost mirrors edge aspect of sliding and whatnot, makes the game play much more varied and adds a level of immersion for sure.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DTU_XaVier View Post
    If it lets me be as creative taking out the enemies as the first game(s) did, and hopefully they'll pit us against more humans than what we've seen so far, I'll be happy... And if the graphics on the PC are better than the first game, that would be the first time that's happened since Metro 2033 (before that it was the first Crysis).. Just went to a friend's place to see his new PC in action (i7 965 I think, HD6970, SSD, 8gigs of RAM and ASUS Sabertooth mobo), and when you can crank everything up to very high, you realise HOW far ahead of it's time the first Crysis and Warhead actually were... We're talking about a game almost 3½ years old, which still looks and plays better on the PC than shooters released today (go away Black Ops, I can't even press buttons in the menu!)...

I'm looking forward to it after finishing the first Crysis 6 times, and Warhead 3 (yes, I had a bit of downtime in Q4 2007), because I simply love the way the Nano-suit lets you play the game the way you want... Hoping they can re-make that feeling...

Best Regards
    ^^ this 100% 3 years old game with the graphics that only few can accomplished today ,playing Crysis again on sandy 60 FPS (very high) aver.

Xtreme Addict
    could have been good. but ea ruined it. if you cant tell, this is a corporate designed clone of attributes stolen from successful games. rather than making their own game, it is a manufactured money maker.

Xtreme Member
    Crysis 1 was a very solid FPS in terms of gameplay and graphics, and not the story. Though far from an "open world" game, I think it was a balance between an open world game and a strictly story-driven, scripted game. The graphics were breathtaking, there was considerable freedom (thanks to the huge areas and the nanosuit), it had very tight controls (something you could find even in Quake 2, but not in many of the modern FPS's) and I finished the game several times and I enjoyed it every single time.

To me it looks like Crysis 2 will be a slightly better version of the original in all respects. Slightly better graphics, and I'm sure Cevat Yerli has taken into account the heavy criticisms about the story as well - so it'll probably be a tad better. I'm SO gonna play this.

I am Xtreme
    Na i doubt the handling of the game will be the same... they took away much of the nanosuite handling and combining speed and power mode is meh...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peakr View Post
    Whats up with the HL2 G-Man rip-off? I read the multiplayer demo is around the corner. Game looks enticing hope it pays off.
    Don't think it's a G-man rip off...

http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Krieger

Dr. Krieger, I presume.
    PII 965BE @ 3.8Ghz /|\ TRUE 120 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan /|\ XFX HD 5870 /|\ 4GB G.Skill 1600mhz DDR3 /|\ Gigabyte 790GPT-UD3H /|\ Two lovely 24" monitors (1920x1200) /|\ and a nice leather chair.

Xtreme Addict
    Hmmmm, not impressed by the editing and direction of that trailer. Seems targeted at 14 year olds (which probably makes sense from a business standpoint). I'm getting old....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    Hmmmm, not impressed by the editing and direction of that trailer. Seems targeted at 14 year olds (which probably makes sense from a business standpoint). I'm getting old....
    Try some flight sim's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFh_M...eature=related

Xtreme Guru
    This looks more like an arcade than FPS. I hope that's console graphics!
    i5 750 4.20GHz @ NH-D14 | 8GB | P7P55DLE | 8800U | Indilinx SSD + Samsung F3 | HAF922 + CM750W
    Past: Q6600 @ 3.60 E6400 @ 3.60 | E6300 @ 3.40 | O165 @ 2.90 | X2 4400+ @ 2.80 | X2 3800+ @ 2.70 | VE 3200+ @ 2.80 | WI 3200+ @ 2.75 | WI 3000+ no IHS @ 2.72 | TBB 1700+ @ 2.60 | XP-M 2500+ @ 2.63 | NC 2800+ @ 2.40 | AB 1.60GHz @ 2.60
    Quote Originally Posted by CompGeek
    The US is the only country that doesn't use [nuclear weapons] to terrorize other countries. The US is based on Christian values, unlike any other country in the world. Granted we are straying from our Christian heritage, but we still have a freedom aimed diplomatic stance.

Xtreme Member
    Gameplay looks nice. Hopefully we get new abilities in this game.

Also, the requirements are probably going to be insanely difficult to reach this time around.

I'm hoping to be able to play it on better-than-console quality e.g. all high with 2x AA to get rid of the really annoying jaggies.

I'll wait until the demo to make comments about the graphics quality. Most likely they're using the console version and basing getting 60fps on max settings on something like a theoretical gtx 680 tri-sli or something ridiculous like that.

I am Xtreme
    Actually you lose abilities, no more strength or speed mode, but a combination called power mode. Well you can say you get an additional of a thermalview (called nanovision.. lulz),

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    Gameplay looks nice. Hopefully we get new abilities in this game.

Also, the requirements are probably going to be insanely difficult to reach this time around.
    Crysis 2 Minimum System Requirements

* Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 2GHz or better
    * Nvidia 8800 GT or higher
    * 2 GB RAM
    * Windows XP/Vista/7
    * 9 GB free hard disk space
    * Internet connection

Source

Let's hope CE3 scaling is not that bad, coz looking at the min., well,Pfffffftt! =P

BTW, when I said its got a nice vid. editing I meant the editing itself makes the trailer looks good - or maybe even better that it really is.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Addict
    Crytek already confirmed the PC version will look best and be superior far more than console version so I don't really get what's up with all the comments that say it looks like console graphics.

CPU: Core i7-2600K@4.8Ghz Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 Case: Corsair 700D w/ 800D window
    CPU Cooler:
    Corsair H70 w/ 2 GTs AP-15 GPU: 2xGigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC SLI
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws PSU: Corsair AX850W Sound card: Asus Xonar DX + Fiio E9
    HDD:
    Crucial M4 128GB + 4TB HDD Display: 3x30" Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Headphone: Sennheiser HD650

Xtreme Mentor
    The crysis2 trailer look way better, 720p vs 480p.... :p

JK!
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast