Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: Intel Identifies Chipset Design Error, Implementing Solution

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by generics_user View Post
    i love the msi ad on the top right of this forum
    MSi rep just dropped off a GD80, the PCH bug made my tech :banana::banana::banana::banana: inspired boner go limp.

On the plus side: 10 USB 3.0 and 10 USB 2.0, must be a fantastic reason to buy this over say a GD55
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by initialised View Post
    MSi rep just dropped off a GD80, the PCH bug made my tech :banana::banana::banana::banana: inspired boner go limp.

On the plus side: 10 USB 3.0 and 10 USB 2.0, must be a fantastic reason to buy this over say a GD55
    looks great!
    but the lack of sata ports is disappointing; i don't get why they don't make boards with a decent second Raid controller onboard (decent doesn't mean it has to use cache)

i still hope that msi is going to release a Z68 ITX board with 6+1 sata ports; full size DDR3; proper PWM; 4x USB 3.0; x16 pcie; powered esata and a black pcb with blue slots
    but zotac is much more likely to release something like this (or at least a P67 based device), all other manufacturers fail to put 6 sata ports onto their biards
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    I think that analogy is flawed and a tad extreme. For that purpose fixed.

that is like saying the workaround to a flat tire is just to drive with a mismatched tire size

serves the purpose but its not gonna give the same ride
    Think of it as a space saver spare, it'll get you home or until you get the regular tyre fixed.
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Xtreme Addict
    Think of it as 4 tires.
    Where the manufacture didn't tighten down the lugs on 3 of the tires, and they have a good chance of falling off on the way home.
    Once the tires fall off, you might as well keep driving on the 1 tire that you have left (all wheel drive).

I'm, just messing.
    I had to do a car analogy.

Im begging for my board

I dont get why people are so upset with this issue. I think its a gift from Gods!

I will buy new board today (if I can find it), use it for 11 month, then when new mb's hit the marked I will get a replacement or cash back.

recall - its like a green-card

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gcardinal View Post
    I dont get why people are so upset with this issue. I think its a gift from Gods!

I will buy new board today (if I can find it), use it for 11 month, then when new mb's hit the marked I will get a replacement or cash back.

recall - its like a green-card
    Yup, push the one you've got to it's limits, it'd be rude not to since they'll be replacing it for you soon anyway.
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

I am Xtreme
    FUD: Intel to start shipping new 6 series chips by February 14th
    Intel has announced that its will start shipping its B3 stepping 6-Series chipset chips by February 14th. In case you somehow managed to miss this one, we are still talking about Intel's chipset that is plagued by the now quite famous SATA 3Gbps bug.

Intel is still sticking behind its promise that it will ship these products by the end of February. The new stepping has several updates including the change of revision ID from 04h to 05h, BIOS update to 1.1.4 and minor metal layer change improving lifetime wear out with no changes to functionality or design specifications (the one that fixes SATA 3.0Gbps issue).

Of course, bear in mind that this is the date when Intel will ship the new B3 revision chip to the manufactures and most certainly doesn't mean that you will see it in channel. We had a nice chat with a couple of people and in most cases it takes one week to get it to manufacturers, two weeks in order for them to put it on their motherboards and around six weeks for the final product to reach its destination. Of course these are rough timelines that also depend on the region and minor changes can happen.

As always, OEMs will probably get the first batch and channel might get it, in the best case scenario, by the end of March or in early April. Of course, there might be a lot of people waiting for a replacement so you have to count them in as well, and there is no way to find out how big will the first shipment be so you might see the new B3 Sandy Bridge on retail/e-tail shelves sometime in April or even later.

Of course, as we wrote earlier, some retailers/e-tailers and OEMs are still happily selling the old B2 revision.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Mentor
    I find this funny it stepping was B2 lol
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    I find this funny it stepping was B2 lol
    Yeah, me as well ... seems like B2 is the number "13" of company steppings.
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819