Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solid LN2 Copper pot from Mr3D (3kg)

Solid LN2 Copper pot from Mr3D (3kg)

it is time for me to design and manufacture a pot for LN2 because my old DI pot is not so good with LN2.

if people want, then i could design and manufacture pots and sell them, BUT NOT THIS DESIGN because it looks too much like the Kingpin F1 Gemini (you will se when it is closer to complete) and i DO NOT want to sell his design, i just like his design and wanted to add "my touch" to it.
    now for the fun part, PICTURES!

the raw copper just waiting for manutacturing!

flat milling the sides of copper

after the flat milling was done i started to remove lots of material on the inside, just rough it will look ALOT better later

and more material removal (made the hole deeper)

the rough milling is done, now i will bore the internal

internal done! that's all i could do today! now i have to wait for the CNC guy to write a program for the fine milling, update in a day or two

oh, and here is the machine i been working with, shows decimal down to 0.001mm in X, Y and Z axis.

Time for some CNC-Action!

The result was impressing when the CNC was done!

Another was written for the coneshape of the pot.

After the gravyr the only thing left to do was to 45degree corners and polish it

FINALLY DONE! the end result was pure awesomeness imo! the only thing left to do is benchies, i MABY get 20l ln2 in february, then it is time for 980X CPU-Z top20 and some 8800GTS 640mb WR!

i hope you guys had a fun time reading my thread.
    Last edited by Mr3D; 01-30-2011 at 06:18 AM.
    i7-980X @ 4GHz | GTX580 DirectCU II | X58A-OC | XMS3 1600MHz CL7 | HX1000W | Intel 510 120GB

I am Xtreme
    nice pics...

design isn't optimized though

Xtreme Member
    love the machinery how deep are the holes in the base ? and what about middle you gona live it like that ?

holes are 30mm long

i just updated the thread with some more imgs
    Last edited by Mr3D; 01-30-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    i7-980X @ 4GHz | GTX580 DirectCU II | X58A-OC | XMS3 1600MHz CL7 | HX1000W | Intel 510 120GB

-100C Club Member
    Very very nice pics mate
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    sorry to hear about the dead cards, but.. If stuff ain't dieing, you aren't trying.

נְפִילִים

Thanks!

Xtreme Member
    It looks awesome! Maybe some more smaller holes around the bigger ones, but I can understand why you've left material in the center. With 980x I can imagine the high mass will come in handy
    Overclocking, it's a lifestyle

Thermo Bear
    Looks very nice

Xtreme Member
    Thats really nice container and awesome machining but to be fair you should had written "design by kingpin, copied by Mr3D"
    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

¿
    Very clean machine work

ilkkahy, it is not a exact copy then i could have bought a container from him. I dont know any measures/dimmentions on his pot.
    So "design by kingpin, copied by mr3d" would be wrong, but "desing by kingpin, redesigned by mr3d" would be more correct.

Xtreme Member
    Looks very nice! The milling (and CNC'ing) is fantastic.

Champion
    F1 Follower -)
    You could and should do better

Great machinery anyway.

Colombian OCer
    there are some rude words, while Kingping was the first on intruduce square pots, that dont means anyone that make pot on that way are stealing his design.

Nice pot btw love the cnc work.
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

Tell what part about this pot is your touch?
    It's nearly an EXACT combination of the F1EE combined with an EXACT first rev of the gemini slow base (a total mass/surface area ratio that isn't optimized at all for current cpus). I stopped making the EE for a reason. You must have found this out during all your testing when you came up with your design already though right? lol
    Sorry dude..its lame. If you truly want respect do something original that works as intended like some of the other pot builders around the world that respect one anothers work. Not like the CLOWNS that just clone what others do because others had success with it or it works well, but actually had no clue to begin with.
    Sorry for being a , but you asked me for my opinion on it and if you could sell it, so I gave it to you.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 02-27-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    *cough* copycat *cough*

Nice work, but it's not your design You can use it for benching, no problem, but selling this unit... that's highly unethical.

This is like making a Big Mac and replace the cheese with some other cheese and claim it's YOUR burger.
    Last edited by knopflerbruce; 02-27-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme Legend
    its obvious KP it says its Designed by the >>dude<< dont you see, thats a huge difference

lol Honda "not optimised", how can you know just by looking at it
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    sidewalls

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    its obvious KP it says its Designed by the >>dude<< dont you see, thats a huge difference

lol Honda "not optimised", how can you know just by looking at it
    How did I miss that

Daniel, your machine work and finished product is quite nice. I think your capable of much more than just more of the same of something that's pretty much already been done. There are plenty of examples of outside the box thinking and innovating in this forum Spend some time and figure something out based on your own testing and what you think will benefit guys who will want to use it the most if your goal is commercial. And thanx for at least being cool enough to ask me about it in a pm..

Xtreme Legend
    i think i know why vinboe was cheesed off, this dude's finish work is better than his

seriously though with these tools and such great skill i bet the OP will make some crazy awesome pots in future once he starts to get a lot of experience testing the pots with LN2
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

i asked KP in a PM if i could sell this pot but he said no, then i wont! (just to clear that out) anyways i can only get LN2 once every 2 months so i cant do much testing but in the future i will design cooler/better pots (no copys) infact im making my first gpu pot right now (no copy) and we see how that turns out.

Xtreme Member
    Not to step on toes here, but I got my F1EE today, and aside from the exterior, this pot is not as similar as everyone says. The internal designs are very different; much more refined on the F1EE, and that shows a lot of testing went into get the reaction to ln2 just right. There are plenty of pot builders doing the "square base thing."

heres a movie when i created the pot!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThNCGC_NBhY

Champion
    Machine work is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    Not to step on toes here, but I got my F1EE today, and aside from the exterior, this pot is not as similar as everyone says. The internal designs are very different; much more refined on the F1EE, and that shows a lot of testing went into get the reaction to ln2 just right. There are plenty of pot builders doing the "square base thing."
    It's not an F1EE replica, but the Gemini homie.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    While we're on the toe-stepping subject: you're about three years late to the F1 EE party, even Vince has quit selling it. It wasn't bad, but times and hardware has changed since then.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast