Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

Xtreme Batrachian
    Quote Originally Posted by ON2H20 View Post
    I know the video says it is using non-final firmware but I would like to report the first bug

At 5:42 the menu says "Lern Code"
    Either your reviewers are from the deep south of the USA or your firmware writers are using the new Greman dialect. Lern is close to Lernen/learn so at least it is understandable in English and German.
    I seem to remember a warning to never run a Lian without liquid in it...what is that piece on the left with no top?
    Did you mean Laing? The evil of pedantic jokes is that one has to proofread every post afterwards
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrToad View Post
    Did you mean Laing? The evil of pedantic jokes is that one has to proofread every post afterwards
    Look again, you must have mis-quoted

Xtreme Batrachian
    Look again, you must have mis-quoted
    Must be the red colour making the letters confused
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So how about using the Aquaero 5 with dual loops? As in two flow sensors? Easy enough to set up shutdown on failure of TWO pumps, or failure of flow in TWO loops?
    sigh

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamaxx View Post
    So how about using the Aquaero 5 with dual loops? As in two flow sensors? Easy enough to set up shutdown on failure of TWO pumps, or failure of flow in TWO loops?
    I dont see the problem with setting it up in a dual loop.. Runs 2 pumps channel 1 and 4, so why wouldnt it run in a dual loop?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well I'm wondering if it can take two flow sensors, as well as two pumps...
    sigh

Xtreme Guru
    Aquaero4 could take two flow sensors (one of channels could be used to connect 2nd one). I'm guessing it might be similar to to AA5 too. As for two pumps, it's been already written before - you can connect two DDC+ to it, just that you need to watercool it, to not overheat.

Aqua Computer Rep
    @ON2H20: thanks for the hint with the typo. We already saw that ourself after the video was done.

The pump was running w/o the top cover since we were too lazy to setup a loop for it. In the end it survived all tests

@Waterlogged: rare? That is a regular article which is in stock most of the time.

@dreamaxx: You can use two flow sensors on the aquaero. The second one can be used with fan channel 1. Of course in this case you won't be able to use it for fans or a pump anymore.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Batrachian
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    @Waterlogged: rare? That is a regular article which is in stock most of the time.
    I think Waterlogged said "rare" because is a red impeller DDC2 (which if my memory serves me well is the "original" DDC 18W, the one that people in this forum had die on them one too many times )

Nowadays I only see one of those when I take the LC unit off a Power Mac G5... I never get to use them tho because who knows what shape they're in and I don't have the skill to use one of those "repair kits" one can find on eBay (drag soldering is not something I've been trained on...)

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    How is that even possible? Laing stopped making them like ~2½-3 (maybe longer) years ago.

If you actually have DDC-2's in stock, I'd like you to send a few to FrozenCPU so I can buy them from Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by MrToad View Post
    I think Waterlogged said "rare" because is a red impeller DDC2 (which if my memory serves me well is the "original" DDC 18W, the one that people in this forum had die on them one too many times )
    Precisely, there's only a small handful of us here that still have operational DDC-2's, 3 that come to mind besides myself are SiGfever, NaeKuh and nikhsub1. You just don't see them much anymore.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Never go full retard
    Do want DDC-2, must get hands on DDC-2.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    How is that even possible? Laing stopped making them like ~2½-3 (maybe longer) years ago.

If you actually have DDC-2's in stock, I'd like you to send a few to FrozenCPU so I can buy them from Mark.

Precisely, there's only a small handful of us here that still have operational DDC-2's, 3 that come to mind besides myself are SiGfever, NaeKuh and nikhsub1. You just don't see them much anymore.
    I would probably still have one alive if my old test PSU didn't go south and feed my beast 30V... Boy did she spin up nicely for a good 5-10 seconds though..

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, i might be wrong, but hadn't DDC pump repair mod thread about custom PCB from ebay mentioned higher resulting RPMs? - I wonder if DDC with that PCB won't close the performance gap with DDC2 AND enable one to use all the standard tops fit for generic DDCs?

Xtreme Guru
    Pretty sure it does close the gap which it does run @ a higher rpm, Not sure how trustworthy it is but i've seen quite a few dead doing the mod.. Pretty sure the tops work well too..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post

<3 the DDC-2!!

The only pump i would consider using over a 2, is a 3.25 and 35x.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    Do want DDC-2, must get hands on DDC-2.
    Homie dont play that!

rare pumps would almost invalidate your tests on a regular scale since the pumps are almost close to impossible to find, and very difficult to reproduce.

I seem to remember a warning to never run a Laing without liquid in it...what is that piece on the left with no top?
    As long as the impeller chamber says lubricated its fine.
    I would test pumps like that and put a little etyl glycol in the impeller chamber for lube, and then fire it up to see if it spun.

The part laing warns u about is burning the motor out from running it dry.
    Friction cause heat and wear, which will damage the ceramic bearing.

Having lube in the impeller chamber prevents that, and no top allows the impeller to spin freely.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 02-04-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Member
    Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a few questions regarding your new product.

I was wondering what would the best (cheapest/simplest) method be for expanding the number of fans this device can handle? At the moment, it looks like if I were to purchase one there would only be 3 channels available (channel 1 would be required for the second flow meter), while I require 6-8 channels. Ideally, the additional channels would be controlled through the aquaero 5 itself (and its Aquasuite software), and would not require the use of an additional 5.25" inch bay for mounting.

I'm looking at purchasing the "pro" model, can you confirm for me whether this would allow me to completely switch off individual fans?

Finally, if I were to pre-order one now, when can I expect to receive it? I understand your site states they should be shipping around the end of this month, but what I am concerned about is the possibility of the number of pre-orders you already have exceeding the number of units you expect to receive initially (in which case I'm guessing I'd have to wait for the next "batch", for example)?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odai View Post
    Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a few questions regarding your new product.

I was wondering what would the best (cheapest/simplest) method be for expanding the number of fans this device can handle? At the moment, it looks like if I were to purchase one there would only be 3 channels available (channel 1 would be required for the second flow meter), while I require 6-8 channels. Ideally, the additional channels would be controlled through the aquaero 5 itself (and its Aquasuite software), and would not require the use of an additional 5.25" inch bay for mounting.

I'm looking at purchasing the "pro" model, can you confirm for me whether this would allow me to completely switch off individual fans?

Finally, if I were to pre-order one now, when can I expect to receive it? I understand your site states they should be shipping around the end of this month, but what I am concerned about is the possibility of the number of pre-orders you already have exceeding the number of units you expect to receive initially (in which case I'm guessing I'd have to wait for the next "batch", for example)?
    From Shoggy's original post:
    Fan controller
    One of the key-features of the new aquaero 5 is the fan control. The aquaero provides 4 fan channels and it can be expanded with 6 external connected poweradjusts to a 10 channel fan controller. The rpm of all fans is monitored and the fans can be fully controlled in the voltage range from 0 to 12V by free defined controllers. The aquaero 5 provides fantastic controlling possibilities beginning with two point controllers up to intelligent PID controllers. All output channels are short circuit protected and providing current and voltage measurement. Also the temperature of the output stage is monitored.
    The fan channels are supplying PWM free analog DC voltage to prevent noise generation. Any fan channel can deliver a current of 1,65A and the maximum combined current of all channels is 5A. Depending on the used heatsink the maximum power dissipation is dynamic limitted.
    Each of those 4 channels is rated to 1.65 Amp (20 watts), so you could also chain a few fans together on each channel as long as you don't exceed that 1.65Amp limit and don't mind only seeing the RPM from one of those chained fans.

If you wanted more channels it sounds like you could expand using the poweradjust.

I don't quite understand the channels in the poweradjust, but here is the site for the poweradjust 2 which wouldn't require another bay:
    http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_...oducts_id=2518

Hope that helps a little.

Sounds like you could have up to 10 fan channels of individual control if you really wanted it. Personally, I would chain several together though. IE, there is no need to use up three channels for a triple rad, etc. Just connect up the fans after making sure they don't exceed the 1.65Amp limit and use the RPM sensor from one of those fans to monitor speed.
    Last edited by Martinm210; 02-06-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Hello,

Many thanks for your helpful response.

I did have a quick look at the poweradjust (mentioned also in the PDF Shoggy linked in his original post), but I wasn't sure how exactly the channels would be integrated into the Aquaero controller - would it for example be the case that the channels are controlled/monitored exactly like the channels on the Aquaero unit itself?

I also couldn't find any mention of how many fan channels are actually available on the poweradjust. From what I can see, there are 4 3-pin connectors, and I'm guessing one of them is for a flow meter. Best to be sure though before placing an order.

Xtreme Guru
    Martinm210: No need to get poweradjust 2 ultra version, if it's intended for aquaero5 expansion. Basic version will do just fine.

Aqua Computer Rep
    As mentioned before you can use y-adapters to connect several fans to one channel. If you need more channels you can get the poweradjust. This controller has one channel with a maximum power of 25W. The other connectors are for a flow sensor, aquabus (2x) and rpm signal. The poweradjust fully integrates to the aquaero so you will see no difference between a channel directly from the aquaero or an external channel like the poweradjust. You have all features available - even the flow sensor that you connect to the poweradjust. It is also enough to get the standard variant.

Keep in mind that two poweradjust controllers already equal to an aquaero 5 LT.

Delivery should start mid March. The devices are already produced and in stock. Currently we are finalizing the firmware and developing the software.
    Last edited by Shoggy; 02-11-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: corrected the maximum power to 25W

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: Have you considered releasing more powerful poweradjust (3? ) and/or poweradjust pwm (or even both of these into one) to simpler add to aquaero5 capabilities of multi D5 pumps or more channels for pwm pumps/fans? I'm guessing it's worth to make such in similar size as PA2, to be able to mount on that 5.25 bay bezel.

Xtreme Member
    Hello,

Thanks for your replies guys.

I understand I could just connect fans in parallel (that's what I'm using now), but I'd prefer the option to be able to switch individual fans off.

From what I understand then, to be able to connect 8 fans individually, I'd have to purchase 4 additional poweradjust units?

Keep in mind that two poweradjust controllers already equal to an aquaero 5 LT.
    I don't understand, wouldn't that suggest that two poweradjust controllers each have 2 channels, totalling 4 like the LT?

Xtreme Guru
    Odai: Yes. But it seems so much overkill for the job. You'd be much better off buying some cheap 8 channel fan controller. Imho it doesn't make sense to use less then 10% of aquaero's channels output just to regulate each and every fan separate. Especially when in most liquid cooling builds there are lot of fans that usually need to be regulated same, for example all fans of same type on some rad..
    And that sentence about two poweradjusts equaling on AA5 LT probably meant total power output. Single poweradjust 2 can handle a bit more power then single channel of heatsinkless and without waterblock AA5 LT.
    Last edited by Church; 02-06-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Aqua Computer Rep
    @churchy: at the moment we have no plans for another poweradjust. With 25W that thing has more than enough power. More channels on that device would not make any sense since this way you can directly buy an aquaero 5 LT.

@Odai: I meant the price. For two poweradjusts you can already buy an aquaero 5 LT which offers more channels.
    Last edited by Shoggy; 02-11-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: corrected the max. power to 25W

Xtreme Guru
    This controller has one channel with a maximum power of 48W.
    Care to elaborate as this is news to me shoggy, Which channel is this ?

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast