Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    greman?
    didnt you know greman is the new german? ..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Aqua Computer Rep
    @Brodholm: the poweradjust also uses an analog output and does not use PWM.

@Philwong: if I will find the time maybe in the next days.

@Roch: the LT comes with distance bolts to mount it somewhere in the case.

@churchy: you can use the PWM signal (25KHz) of channel 4 as controlling signal for a pump. Using the other two regular PWM outputs as power source for a pump will not work - that is what I was talking about.

@Captain H.N.: we use an analog output since it provides a much cleaner signal and will not bring fans to hum or make other strange noises. The possibility of a switchable channel would have mean higher costs and additional problems for us since the PCB is already packed to the max.

@Diverge: if you are using a software that allows you to map each key to a specific function that should be no problem. The IR signal is nothing special and should work with any receiver.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Member
    So hooking up my MCP35X to the PSU with Molex to power it while plugging the 4pin pwm to the 4:th channel on the Aquaero will work?

@woffen

@churchy: you can use the PWM signal (25KHz) of channel 4 as controlling signal for a pump

Xtreme Member
    It sounded like it wasn't possible at first so just wanted to make 100% sure as that is do or die for me in getting this controller

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    @Captain H.N.: we use an analog output since it provides a much cleaner signal and will not bring fans to hum or make other strange noises. The possibility of a switchable channel would have mean higher costs and additional problems for us since the PCB is already packed to the max.
    Ah, I understand, though you can use a switchable PWM frequency to eliminate hum. Thanks for the answers, though, not just to my questions but to others'!
    Last edited by Captain H.N.; 02-01-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Aqua Computer Rep
    @woffen: if I understand the way how that pump is working correctly than you can use it this way.

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy so running a pump can only be used on channel 4 correct ?? And can handle up 2x ddc pumps with no issues but need to run the waterblock..
    Last edited by Johnny87au; 02-01-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Guru
    @churchy: you can use the PWM signal (25KHz) of channel 4 as controlling signal for a pump. Using the other two regular PWM outputs as power source for a pump will not work - that is what I was talking about.
    Thanks for confirming it. Seems that i'll enjoy my MCP35X-es regulated from Aquaero. You've got another customer.

Imho what's best in new aquaero - that you can connect extra modules to it. This way you can design new improved modules without having to redesign AA itself. Eg. if one needs for two D5 or something like that MORE POWERR (c) Clarkson from Top Gear, you can make just more powerful Poweradjust 3.
    P.S.
    What do you think about idea of making some extra mounting plate to be mounted on back of Aquaero (of course with cutouts for passing air to heatsink or passing water tubing to waterblock) to be able to mount one or two PowerAdjust 2 modules on the back of aquaero itself, instead of mounting them on separate 5.25 bezel? Some users might appreciate more compact mount option instead of taking additional 5.25 bay near aquaero for them.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would like a module like the poweradjust 2 but with some PWM outputs. That would be great. The "PWMadjust"

I really like how you can modify it for your own needs. And get up to 3 poweradjust for example. I would like a multiswitch that is as big as an poweradjust 2 (with 1/3 of the outputs ofc). So you could fit 2 poweradjust and 1 multiswitch in one bracket. Because I don't have space for poweradjusts and another 5.25 bay for the multiswitch.

Anyway, Im getting one of these as soon as my build Is further along.
    Last edited by Brodholm; 02-01-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, Poweradjust PWM really makes some sense. It shouldn't need to handle much heat (as PWM doesn't produce it unlike reostats downvolting in analogous way, it's just full 12V on/off) so probably would be simpler/cheaper to design without big heatsink, and should extend AA5 capabilities of running both PWM pumps without Y-wire-splitters and also PWM fans (less need for later though, as best fans there are (GTs) are 3-pin analog, but nevetheless extra 3 or 4 pwm ports controlled from aquaero won't hurt).

Aqua Computer Rep
    @Johnny87au: no, you can use it on channels 1 to 4. All of them provide analog power. To connect two pumps you will have to use the waterblock and I recommend to connect the first pump to channel 1 and the second pump to channel 4 since this way the voltage regulators that will generate heat have some space in between.

Xtreme Guru
    @Johnny87au: no, you can use it on channels 1 to 4. All of them provide analog power.
    err, wait a sec. So 4th channel is analog or PWM? :/

Aqua Computer Rep
    If you connect a fan or whatever with a standard 3-pin connector this channel can be used as analog power source like the channels 1 to 3. There is no difference.

If you connect a fan or whatever with a 4-pin connector you can select that PWM should be used. If you active that option the power will be switched to 12V while the PWM channel acts as a controlling signal. Some fans for example know only two speed settings when you control them via PWM so it is up to you if you want to use them the analog way (0 - 12V) or together with PWM (12V with controlling signal).

Visitor
    Shoggy, about connecting two PowerAdjust 2s to the AE5. I noticed there are two Aquabus connectors on the PowerAdjust 2. Can I connect from PA2 --> PA2 --> AE5? Thanks.

Shoggy,

From what you've described, I'm almost sold on going with an Aquaero 5, I just have a couple of quick questions first.

What other items are needed to allow an AE5 to shut down a computer without emulating keystrokes (ie, hard power off via either the ATX 24 pin connector, or the motherboard power switch header)?

Will the AE5 still work with a koolance flow meter? (people have reported that the FM-17 will work with the AE4, and the smaller form factor of the koolance sensor would let me tuck it away quite nicely compared to the larger size of the Aqua Computer flow meter).

Thank you for putting out a great looking new product by the way.
    New Rig: Project: Sandy Obsidian i7 2600K, 4x2GB PC1600 XMS3, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7, Zotac GeForce 580 GTX
    Current Rig: Opteron 165 @ 2.97GHz /w Thermalright Ultra-120, 4x512MB KHX3200 @ 2-2-2-6, 250 MHz, DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D, BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC

Aqua Computer Rep
    @cx-ray: yes, you can also connect a second poweradjust to the first one or use a y-adapter on the aquaero. Since this is a real bus system it does not matter in which way you connect them.

@Atragon: if you want to use the relay to cut off the power directly at the PSU you will need an ATX adapter and a relay plug. It is also possible to get an emergency shutdown by connecting the relay parallel to the power button of your case. In this case the aquaero would "push" the button for x seconds so the PC turns off. This way you also do not need the ATX adapter.

It seems a bit tricky to get an accurate measurement out of the mentioned flow sensor when connected to the aquaero. I have sent you a a notification with a link with some useful information. Can't post it here since I know for sure it would cause this thread to end in a flamewar (yeah, the power of a simple link...)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    [B]
    @Diverge: if you are using a software that allows you to map each key to a specific function that should be no problem. The IR signal is nothing special and should work with any receiver.
    I was curious if it was compatible with a universal remote, and if it used the MCE remote protocol. For HTPC use, most people will want to use a universal remote, and use a keyboard/IR device when doing other windows stuff (such as your mini keyboard/mousepad).
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: can you describe how keys differ on XT vs Pro (except looks of course )? Also, what is distance between inlet centers on AA5's waterblock?

Aqua Computer Rep
    @Diverge: I can't tell which protocol this remote is using since this also did not matter to us. We had to map every key to the corresponding IR function anyway so for us it was not relevant which codes it has.

@churchy: Pro over XT is missing the touch buttons, has only 3 buttons instead of 7 (missing the the 4 hotkeys), main buttons are not illuminated, remote keyboard and passive heatsink are not included.

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: and how about inlets on waterblock? Is distance between centers of inlets at least 26.01mm, or it's less (and thus biggest BP 1/2"ID 3/4"OD CF fittings might not fit)? Also can that waterblock be used with TIM paste instead of included thermal pads for even better cooling?

Aqua Computer Rep
    Oops, forgot your question about the distance. It is 22mm (center to center). It is not recommend to use thermal grease since the VRMs have some slight tolerance in height.

Firmware

Hi Shoggy

The new Aquaero looks like a great improvement in function. Looking forward to trying one.

I know the video says it is using non-final firmware but I would like to report the first bug

At 5:42 the menu says "Lern Code"
    Either your reviewers are from the deep south of the USA or your firmware writers are using the new Greman dialect. Lern is close to Lernen/learn so at least it is understandable in English and German.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    greman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    didnt you know greman is the new german? ..

pump

For those who need to cool down an atomic power plant

19 x 120mm fans and a Laing DDC+ pump. All of them slowed down to get a worst case scenario for the voltage regulators. That aquaero was watercooled of course.
    I seem to remember a warning to never run a Laing without liquid in it...what is that piece on the left with no top?

We were not able to test two D5 pumps since we only have one of it
    Selbstverständlic, all the others burned out?
    Last edited by ON2H2O; 02-02-2011 at 12:25 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ON2H20 View Post
    I seem to remember a warning to never run a Lian without liquid in it...what is that piece on the left with no top?)
    Looks like a rare DDC-2.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast