Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

Xtreme Batrachian
    The aquabus is AFAIK based on I2C and can be daisy chained.

On a previous build I had two aquastreams, a multiswitch and an AE4 linked by aquabus, but there was really little practical use for it except flashing the control circuitry on the pumps, the configuration possibilities via aquabus were very limited. The real flexibility was achieved via USB (I ended up putting a USB hub inside the computer to have enough ports for everything as I also had a poweradjust and a number of other devices...)

Of course with the AE5 this may change, and the aquabus may become more useful
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Member
    I'm glad the PRO is cheaper than the XT, because it looks much better as well.
    EVGA X58 LE
    i7 920 @ 4.2GHz 1.21V
    EVGA GTX470 @ 1.1V 900/1800/2000

Aqua Computer Rep
    @KGB7: a color display would have been nice but I'm sure that nobody here wants to pay for it. As said we are using a custom made LCD since we have specific requirements that no general display in the market offers. Same would have been for a color LCD but with a MUCH higher price. That display is nothing where you look at a few hours each day so why should we force people to pay so much money for it?

@Johnny87au: XT comes with passive heatsink and the IR remote control. The generated heat depends a lot on the attached fans or a pump on how you run them (slow speeds generate more heat). Running a pump without at least a passive heat sink will not work and the output will be switched off because of a too high temperature.

@Captain H.N.: there was nothing special in mind. It is just a 4-Pin connector. Of course you can also use it for a pump if you want to. The power which is drawn when the pump is spinning up can be much higher than the 1,65A so there is no problem to get the pump running while in normal operation it needs less power which can be easily provided.

@Johnny87au: 137W per channel?! You have four channels with 1.65A each which is 19,8W (12 x 1.65). The overall power that the aquaero can provide is 60W.

@Philwong: it is a LCD screen, not VFD. Color filters should work but will significant decrease brightness and contrast.

@churchy: the PWM channels have no rpm monitoring nor a separate rpm line since this already is a PWM signal. The signal is just a pulsed (16kHz) power signal. It can not be used with pumps since they would not start.

@Johnny87au: I don't know XMBC in detail but the remote control is also able to use the regular commands like you would use with Microsofts Media Center. So I guess that should work for you.

@MrToad: you can still use the ATX adapter cable but you will need a 3-pin relay plug this time. You could also use the option to shutdown the PC directly through the aquaero since it also connects as a keyboard and can send the key commands for power down or standby.

Running a Laing DDC pump with the passive heatsink works. Depending on the temperature in your case you might get problems if you slow down the pump to a very low speed since it will draw more power in this case. If the temperature reaches 85°C the output will be set to 100% which will cause the temperature to go down. A few seconds later your setting will be activated again. If the temperature can not be handled at all it would mean that the speed always jumps up and down because of the overheating protection. If the temperature is still going higher the output will be switched off the avoid damages on the aquaero.

The aquaero 5 can use a RGB LED. If you already have LEDs that you want to use you can easily build yourself an adapter for the 4-pin connector (ground, red, blue, green).

The digital sensors will be only available through our webshop. Other sensors will not work.

You can continue to use the aquabus cables that you already have. High and low speed interface use the same cable.

@Brodholm: You can connect two of these pumps to the analog fan connectors, but not to the PWM connectors since the pumps will not work on them.

@Martinm210: right, if you want to go for the 60W you will have to use the waterblock.

We had a D5 running on the aquaero (watercooled) and had no problems to adjust it between 45% to 100% (at lower values it stops). When we attached a second pump, a Laing DDC+, the aquaero was still working but the temperature was already pretty high - depending on how the speed of the pumps was set.

As said: digital sensors will be only available through us. Other sensors will not work.

@ximius: you just connect the poweradjust 2 controllers to the aquaero via a 3-wire aquabus cable. Since this is a real bus system you can just use y-adapters or a self-made adapter to connect up to six of them.

@cx-ray: sure, you can forward an rpm signal to a fan header.

@Mazlov: all flow sensors that we offer are compatible to the aquaero 5.

@MrToad: yes, it is I2C.

---

For those who need to cool down an atomic power plant

19 x 120mm fans and a Laing DDC+ pump. All of them slowed down to get a worst case scenario for the voltage regulators. That aquaero was watercooled of course.
    Last edited by Shoggy; 01-31-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Ω
    So will the v5 be able to handle (2) DDCs ? (more specifically the Koolance PMP-400s with the 3-pin power cable)
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

Aqua Computer Rep
    Telling from photos that is a Laing DDC(+) pump, right? If so you can connect two of them directly to the aquaero when you use the waterblock.

Visitor
    As said: digital sensors will be only available through us. Other sensors will not work.
    Shoggy, are the temp sensors from the AE4 compatible with the AE5?

Aqua Computer Rep
    Sure, the regular sensors are the same and can be used with the aquaero 5 too.

In correlation to your quote: I meant only the digital sensors.

Xtreme Batrachian
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    you can still use the ARX adapter cable but you will need a 3-pin relay plug this time. You could also use the option to shutdown the PC directly through the aquaero since it also connects as a keyboard and can send the key commands for power down or standby.
    Well, I have already fitted it, so I may as well use it

Running a Laing DDC pump with the passive heatsink works. Depending on the temperature in your case you might get problems if you slow down the pump to a very low speed since it will draw more power in this case. If the temperature reaches 85°C the output will be set to 100% which will cause the temperature to go down. A few seconds later your setting will be activated again. If the temperature can not be handled at all it would mean that the speed always jumps up and down because of the overheating protection. If the temperature is still going higher the output will be switched off the avoid damages on the aquaero.
    I'll give it a go with the heatsink only, see how it fares, but I'll order the waterblock "just in case"

The aquaero 5 can use a RGB LED. If you already have LEDs that you want to use you can easily build yourself an adapter for the 4-pin connector (ground, red, blue, green).
    One more LED Just the amount of LED mounts I've got in the reservoir

The digital sensors will be only available through our webshop. Other sensors will not work.
    Can't see them available yet... Any ETA for preorder? I've got "the finger on the trigger" so to speak

You can continue to use the aquabus cables that you already have. High and low speed interface use the same cable.
    Okidoki. I was just a bit confused because the Aquabus headers on the picture of the AE5 LT look like four pin headers rather than three pin as in the AE4 etc. etc., so I thought the fourth pin could be grounding for the shielding on the hi-speed cables.
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: Hmm, so to sum it up:
    - with heatsink AA5 will handle DDC+ (so increases from 1.65A to at least 2A? per channel (guessing from AA4 with 25W on 1st chan))
    - with waterblock two DDC+ or one D5 (so probably upto 2.6A per channel? And btw, can it handle two D5 when watercooled, or if not, was poweradjust 2 able to handle single D5?).
    Would love to see you measured increase of total and per channel handled power with heatsink and with waterblock without overheat , imho measuring it once by vendor will help lot of users by getting rid from guesswork and need to do by each user locally test & trial experiments to see it's capabilities

Also what do you think, can i regulate simultaneously two PWM MCP35X pumps from 4th (4-pin PWM) channel with pwm Y cable splitter but with tachometer from one pump going to another channel (i'm guessing this should enable simulataneous speed change + monitoring of both pumps?)

Aqua Computer Rep
    @MrToad: you can already order it in our webshop but delivery will start later around mid March

@churchy: yes, a DDC+ with heatsink is no problem. With waterblock two DDC+ or one D5 together one DDC+ is possible. We were not able to test two D5 pumps since we only have one of it So far I would say it could work but will run at the temperature limits for sure when you try to slow them down.

As said before, the PWM channels can not be used for pumps since they will not run on these channels.

Xtreme Batrachian
    @MrToad: you can already order it in our webshop but delivery will start later around mid
    I've seen most of what I want, is just the digital temperature probes what I can't find, can you provide a link? or they're not available for pre-order yet?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Shoggy, Is there any chance that the page for the poweradjust 2 gets translated?

But I guess that the poweradjust 2.0 cant handle pwm?

I also have a general question. What is preferred, PWM or Analog? What is best for silence and for pumps? I guess what im asking is if it is better to control a pump via PWM or Analogue voltage regulation?
    Last edited by Brodholm; 01-31-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Aqua Computer Rep
    @MrToad: these sensors are not available yet.

@Brodholm: page ""?! The poweramp (I guess you mean that?) can not be connected to the PWM channels, it needs an analog signal. You also need an analog signal for the pump. As mentioned several times in that thread: the pump will not work on a PWM channels since it would not even start.

Xtreme Enthusiast

@Brodholm: page ""?! The poweramp (I guess you mean that?) can not be connected to the PWM channels, it needs an analog signal. You also need an analog signal for the pump. As mentioned several times in that thread: the pump will not work on a PWM channels since it would not even start.
    I messed up and took IMG instead of URL

Its the poweradjust 2 I mean. I was asking if the poweradjust 2 by any chance had PWM outputs. But I guess not.

And I if the page is getting translated soon? Its in german right now.
    "Das poweradjust 2 ist vorrangig für die Steuerung von Laing DDC-Pumpen optimiert, aber auch andere Verbraucher mit bis zu 25W Dauerlast bei 12 Volt können an dem Controller betrieben werden. So eignet sich ein poweradjust 2 in der Ultra-Variante beispielsweise zur temperaturgesteuerten Regelung von neun airstream-Lüftern an einem airplex evo 1080.
    Die Spitzenausgangsle"

I can use google translate, but its not that good.
    Last edited by Brodholm; 01-31-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Shoggy, can you take photos of the LCD from the top, bottom and sides of the screen? Some types of LCDs have very poor viewing angles.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Batrachian
    OK

Pre-ordered and put a note on the order about it. If they become available before the goods can be dispatched I'd like to add them if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    I messed up and took IMG instead of URL

And I if the page is getting translated soon? Its in dutch right now.
    "Das poweradjust 2 ist vorrangig für die Steuerung von Laing DDC-Pumpen optimiert, aber auch andere Verbraucher mit bis zu 25W Dauerlast bei 12 Volt können an dem Controller betrieben werden. So eignet sich ein poweradjust 2 in der Ultra-Variante beispielsweise zur temperaturgesteuerten Regelung von neun airstream-Lüftern an einem airplex evo 1080.
    Die Spitzenausgangsle"
    That's not Dutch, it's German, you silly Swede.

German = Deutsch
    Dutch = Nederlands

Maybe that's why your Google Translate failed.
    Dutch techies visit www.geekswarm.nl

Hardware: Antec P180b | Corsair HX850W | MSI P55-GD65 | Core i7 860 | 2*2GB Corsair Dominator PC12800 CL7 | Sapphire HD5870 + XFX HD5870 | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB|WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Cooling: Swiftech MCP355 + XSPC ResTop | ThermoChill Pa120.2 & TFC X-changer 120 | Swiftech Apogee XT | EK-FC5870 Acetal+Nickel | Tygon 3603 |Feser Ultra Pure + Corrosion blocker | 6*Scythe S-Flex F @ Scythe Kaze Master Ace

Bench: DimasTech Easy 2.5 | MSI-P67A-GD65 | Intel Core i7 2600K | 2*4GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 CL8 | 2* MSI R6950 CFX

Xtreme Member
    How do you mount the The aquaero 5 LT in a case? Does it fit somehow behind a 5.25 blanking plate?

Xtreme Guru
    As said before, the PWM channels can not be used for pumps since they will not run on these channels.
    I'm not speaking about those two 2-pin PWM channels.
    My question regarding PWM pumps was about marked on sticker "Fan 4 (+PWM)" 4th 4-pin channel. - should i be able to regulate from it 2 PWM pumps with Y-pwm-wire splitter? (&that's just regulation, tachometer wire from one of them i wish to connect to another channel so that both pumps get monitored, not just one which tachometer wire will be connected to this channel). As MCP35X gets power from separate basic molex, if this is normal real PWM 4-pin output, i'm guessing it should be possible, as both pumps won't put any power load on aquaero, just getting PWM regulation and passing back rpm-s, but would be glad to make sure about it.
    Or "the pump will not work on a PWM channels since it would not even start" applies to 4th fan channel too?
    Last edited by Church; 01-31-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazlov View Post
    That's not Dutch, it's German, you silly Swede.

German = Deutsch
    Dutch = Nederlands

Maybe that's why your Google Translate failed.
    Dohh! Ofc it is, I intended to write german but I clearly wrote dutch

My fingers clearly have a mind of its own!

I have even studied greman with decent grades

@Captain H.N.: there was nothing special in mind. It is just a 4-Pin connector. Of course you can also use it for a pump if you want to. The power which is drawn when the pump is spinning up can be much higher than the 1,65A so there is no problem to get the pump running while in normal operation it needs less power which can be easily provided.
    Ah, I see. I have one other question though; why weren't the regular channels PWM-controlled instead of analog, or at least in a switchable mode like the T-Balancer bigNG (which can do 20w/channel in analog, 40w/channel in PWM)?

Xtreme Member
    Wonder if we'll see this stateside from vendors like Sidewinder cause at €34,90 ($46) shipping is a killer... well at least considering I've shipped products to Europe for $12 USPS flat rate priority.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What kind of IR does it have, it is proprietary, or a standard type that could be used for windows media center as well? (which could make the HTPC crowd happy)
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    What kind of IR does it have, it is proprietary, or a standard type that could be used for windows media center as well? (which could make the HTPC crowd happy)
    Any IR which is separate connected via USB should work with a HTPC without any problems

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    Dohh! Ofc it is, I intended to write german but I clearly wrote dutch

My fingers clearly have a mind of its own!

I have even studied greman with decent grades
    greman?
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast