Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

Aqua Computer Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    Wait...so now you can use the PWM channels for pump regulation? I thought they were meant for some other accessory and wouldn't work with pumps due to the range or something to that extent (can't search the forum as it isn't functioning at the moment).
    (removed my answer since it was wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaseshift View Post
    is the Aquaero 5 able to shut down or turn off the pc when it detects a drop in flow through the sensor?
    Sure, no problem. There are tons of alarm settings available for that.
    Last edited by Shoggy; 06-17-2011 at 01:42 AM.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: hmm? you are speaking about those two 2-pin ones? so they have tachometric signal & pwm control pins and can be used PWM fans & pumps? Not ground & +12V that's regulated via pwm?

Visitor
    Shoggy, I'm skeptical after reading the spec. of the PWM connectors in the AE5 manual. They don't correspond with the Intel spec. at all. I'm afraid it will damage an MCP35X.

http://www.formfactors.org/developer...e_PWM_Spec.pdf

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Sure, no problem. There are tons of alarm settings available for that.
    so not only does it give of an alarm it also can turn off the pc? nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Stand back, I'm gonna do science.

Xtreme Member
    Beta 4 2012 is out. Looks good, installed and runs no problem.

Rough Google Translation below
    Included in the aquasuite the firmware update is 1012 for the fifth aquaero This fixes the following bug in the release of the firmware aquaero 5:

NEW: LCD Hype support
    - Errors in the control curve
    - Error after standby with the poweradjust
    - Lt aquaero now stores all the settings right
    - Menu + minor errors in the error surface
    NEW: time synchronization tool
    In the installation folder there is a aquasuite aquacomputerTimeSync.exe, if that is called, then the time the PC is synchronized to the aquaero.
    Theoretically, it is enough if you put a shortcut in the Startup folder. the program closes itself immediately after synchronization
    The program synchronizes aquaero aquaero 5 and 4
    With the delay parameters: [time] [time] = time in milliseconds, the synchronization is delayed, which can be helpful when in Windows, all is not loaded.

- Corrected temperature measurement of the fan channels
    - If a single poweradjust connected to the aquaero 5 was withdrawn and this was in operation, all 10 fans were displayed
    - All fans are included in poweradjust settings set to 100%
    - Fan alarm menu selection was flawed
    - Corrected for Drezahlüberwachung fan 5 to 10 (alarm)
    - Boost Start from standby was not executed
    - One fan was shown twice in the Logdatenauswahl
    - Adapted to current monitoring poweradjust 2
    - Alarm processing adapted at startup, adjustable waiting time at startup
    - Seitenumschaltzeitbereich of ads has been extended
    - Speed ​​measurement of the fan connectors has been improved
    - LED brightness of the keys for the inactive set

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Borg Homeworld - Blog
    i7 3930k @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4 way SLI 3GB GTX 580-UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB Corsair GT DDR3-2000 RAM - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Surround LCD

Sounds great.
    installing

edit:

I made a Polish version, and I would like to send someone but do not know how ..
    Someone knows how to pull out of Aquasuite language file? Or in which file look for translation?
    Last edited by pociej; 06-16-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Aqua Computer Rep
    Shoggy, I'm skeptical after reading the spec. of the PWM connectors in the AE5 manual. They don't correspond with the Intel spec. at all. I'm afraid it will damage an MCP35X.
    Nevermind, you are right. I had the wrong things in mind. It will not work with the PWM channels.

Quote Originally Posted by pociej View Post
    I made a Polish version, and I would like to send someone but do not know how ..
    Someone knows how to pull out of Aquasuite language file? Or in which file look for translation?
    As mentioned already in our forum that is not possible and it was a mistake that the translation menu was enabled. We already disabled it and have exchanged the download files. Unfortunately there is no way too keep your translation

Xtreme Member
    Read most of this thread , im still confuse..

Is this correct, AQ5 can regulate speed of MCP35X when connecting PWM to AQ Channel 4 PWM while getting power from molex PSU??
    FS: MM UFO Horizon Black + Clear Side/Top

Aqua Computer Rep
    Yes, that is possible.

Exclamation What!?!?!

http://www.formfactors.org/developer...e_PWM_Spec.pdf
    Nevermind, you are right. I had the wrong things in mind. It will not work with the PWM channels.
    WHAT!?!?!

I just purchased and received 2 MCP35X pumps and an A5 *yesterday* to do this! Again, W-H-A-T-!-?-!-?-! Grrrrrrrrrr...
    Last edited by mBrane; 06-17-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadSLI View Post
    Read most of this thread , im still confuse..

Is this correct, AQ5 can regulate speed of MCP35X when connecting PWM to AQ Channel 4 PWM while getting power from molex PSU??
    Yes, that is possible.
    So NO ??
    FS: MM UFO Horizon Black + Clear Side/Top

Aqua Computer Rep
    NO, you can use the PWM signal of the 4th fan channel and split it with an y-adapter for two pumps.

That's what I'm planning to do. My AC order finally shipped and should be here next week, so prepare to see this thread jacked by me noob here gents

Ok so to make sure I get this right too, 2x MCP35X fans -> using Y PWM splitter -> fan 4 channel + 4pin molex for each pump?

*EDIT: Aquasuite 2012 BETA 4 released people, in case you missed...
    Last edited by acutech; 06-18-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Thumbs down Exactly which PWM Standard did Aqua Computer target?

NO, you can use the PWM signal of the 4th fan channel and split it with an y-adapter for two pumps.
    I'd be happy to PM you with my mailing address; this *should* have worked out of the box. Exactly *which* PWM standard did Aqua Computer target? Furthermore, are you saying that fan channel 4 implements a *different* PWM standard than the PWM connectors?!

For the price of the A5, and the target audience, and the likelihood that users will want to run 2 pumps, and since you have two "PWM" connectors on the A5, you *should* include that cable with the A5!

Now, I need to pay shipping on a cheap cable, and wait for the UPS man to arrive. Oh, and I can forget independently controlling my PWM devices when I have 3 PWM ports on a device that is *supposed* to be a controller. Did I say yet?
    Last edited by mBrane; 06-18-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Aqua Computer Rep
    The PWM channels use a PWM based power supply and are not meant for a PWM controlling signal like you have it on channel 4.

I am Xtreme
    So this will be the first time I've ever used Aquaero controller. Can you guys give me a run down on what I should do first? The Aquaero 5 Pro is on its way to me right now so I don't have it in front of me.

This is what my loop will consist of:

Magicool 420 and 280 Rads
    6 Noiseblocker Fans
    EK Ram block
    EK Gtx 580 block
    EK Backplate
    EK Supreme HF block
    EK 250 Res
    MCP 355 pump
    Aquacomputer Laing DDC Pump top

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: IIRC you wrote once that 1-3 fan channels are not 4-pin pwm ones due to limited space constraints on PCB? But is circuitry/used chips in control PCBs theoretically capable of that for first channels? (and i wonder if it's DIY modable to enable it)
    Maybe those two 2-pin power supply connectors of unknown usefulness/purpose can be removed and 1-3 channels be made like 4th one, dual analog & pwm regulation capable? Or at least 3rd one too alongside 4th?
    It seems that by adding 4th fan channel capable of pwm control you opened up can of worms of unexpected popularity of that feature, especially when it coincided with swiftech releasing MCP35X. Imho it would greatly help to see AA5rev2 with even more pwm capable chans.

Phaseshift: in your place i'd connect ddc pump to some rightmost or leftmost fan channel on AA5, and connect fans "grouped" by their mounting spaces (eg. rad1 fans, rad2 fans, case fans) on rest of fan channels by eg. Y-fan splitte wires, so that channel with most of fans is placed furthest from channel with DDC pump.

Visitor
    Nevermind, you are right. I had the wrong things in mind. It will not work with the PWM channels.(
    No problem. It's good that it came up. By the looks of it several users had the same idea in mind. Hopefully, no one burned up their pumps.

looking at the youtube Demo Video i see that you are useing a mounting plate for the poweradjust 2 looks like it holds 3 poweradjust 2
    can you buy this mounting plate in the states if so could someone link me to the site thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGJOHNH24 View Post
    looking at the youtube Demo Video i see that you are useing a mounting plate for the poweradjust 2 looks like it holds 3 poweradjust 2
    can you buy this mounting plate in the states if so could someone link me to the site thanks.
    This is it here. out of stock it says but hunt around for that one.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post

Phaseshift: in your place i'd connect ddc pump to some rightmost or leftmost fan channel on AA5, and connect fans "grouped" by their mounting spaces (eg. rad1 fans, rad2 fans, case fans) on rest of fan channels by eg. Y-fan splitte wires, so that channel with most of fans is placed furthest from channel with DDC pump.
    okay cool, so DDC on the left or right most (it doesnt matter? as long as its on the end?) and the rest I can use Y splitters for my fans.

Also what's a good flow meter that I can use with the AA5, I'll probably order it next time when I order the second GTX 580 block

Quote Originally Posted by ximius View Post
    This is it here. out of stock it says but hunt around for that one.
    Thanks for the help they will have more in stock on the 24th it looks like.

One more question i plan on running 4 pumps 2 per loop swifttech MCP 655 In this duel pump block

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/im...D5TOPP-BK.html

besides the aquaero XT 5 how many powerajust 2 would i need to run for this setup and control my pumps if posible.. i think i seen a few people here trying this same setup but never seen if they got it to work so any help would be a big help thanks.

Xtreme Member
    It depends on what else you want to run.
    I have 2 D5 pumps on A5 and 2 on 2 PA2s.
    On the other A5 channels I have 2 fans on one channel and a single ram cooler fan on the other which cools the PA2s. The other 4 PA2s run 6 fans each and are right on the maximum amperage at max speed and max temp for the PA2s when running at 4v. The A5 is pretty much on the limit temp wise for my config too with the water block on it.

I've updated my Aquaero 5 XT mini build log here with some load testing results> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...r-Installation!
    With updated finished pics here> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...T-Installation
    Last edited by Phatboy69; 06-21-2011 at 01:51 AM.

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Borg Homeworld - Blog
    i7 3930k @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4 way SLI 3GB GTX 580-UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB Corsair GT DDR3-2000 RAM - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Surround LCD

Xtreme Guru
    Phaseshift: as long as biggest power users be it pump or fan group with largest number of fans is as far as possible to lessen heatup by them being side by side, to lessen chance of AA5 hitting thermal limits. Suggested way of putting them at ends is one of such ways.
    For flowmeter you can buy Aquacomputer's one or Koolance's INS-FM17N.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Phaseshift: as long as biggest power users be it pump or fan group with largest number of fans is as far as possible to lessen heatup by them being side by side, to lessen chance of AA5 hitting thermal limits. Suggested way of putting them at ends is one of such ways.
    For flowmeter you can buy Aquacomputer's one or Koolance's INS-FM17N.
    With six fans + A5 + Flowmeter, how would you set it up?

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast