Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

Xtreme Member
    Just make sure you write the settings to the Pa2 when you change the bus address. Other than that you appear to done everything else correctly. I would suggest leaving the first one at 50 and 2nd at 51 though.

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Borg Homeworld - Blog
    i7 3930k @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4 way SLI 3GB GTX 580-UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB Corsair GT DDR3-2000 RAM - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Surround LCD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I got this question. I want to connect AE5 via external USB but i don't have the right adapter cable (internal USB -> to External USB) at the moment. So i came up with an idea to connect AE5 to front panel USB connector and then using A-A USB cable connect it externally for example to a notebook. The reason i am not sure for it to work is that my front panel USB ports use only 4 of 5 wires. Whereas AE5 has 5-five USB connector. Will it cause problems or device malfunctioning if that 5th wire is absent?
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatboy69 View Post
    Just make sure you write the settings to the Pa2 when you change the bus address. Other than that you appear to done everything else correctly. I would suggest leaving the first one at 50 and 2nd at 51 though.
    Wow... changing to 50 and 51 resolved my issue! Thanks for the help!
    i7 2600K@4.8GHz w/1.35v w/Koolance CPU-370
    3xOCZ V3MI 120GB + 4xWD 2TB Blacks on LSI 9265-8i
    2xEVGA 3GB GTX580s with Koolance Blocks and EVGA Backplates
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Corsair HX1000
    Asus P8P67 WS Revolution | Swiftech QP420+120 in Corsair 800D

Guys, I'm just finishing installing my system and I can't install aquasuite 2012 BETA 5, keeps saying "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (Client Profile) is required". I can assure you it is installed, I even tried repairing it using the standalone installer but no luck still...

Any idea?

*EDIT* Fixed! I solved the problem by installing the full .NET Framework 4.0 package

Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by acutech; 07-17-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    MAIN PC :
    Case....: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D + XSPC RX360 Triple Rad. + Akasa Apache Black (6x @Push/Pull)
    PSU.....: Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200
    Mobo...: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK-FB RE3 Acetal+Nickel Full MB Block
    CPU.....: Intel Core i7 970 + EK-Supreme HF Performance Acetal+Nickel
    RAM....: Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 12GB + EK-RAM Dominator Acetal+Nickel
    VGA.....: ASUS ENGTX590 + EK-FC590 GTX Acetal+Nickel + Black Backplate
    Pumps: Swiftech MCP35X 12 VDC (2x) + EK-DDC Dual TOP V.2 G1/4 - Blk Acetal + EK-Multioption RES X2 - 250 Adv. Res.
    HDD....: Corsair Force GT 120GB SATA3 CSSD-F120GBGT-BK - (4x @RAID 0)
    Others.: Aquaero 5 XT USB fan controller + Poweradjust 2 USB, Ultra version (3x) + Aqua Computer Flow sensor "HF" G1/4
    OS.......: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 w/ SP1

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuTnicK View Post
    I got this question. I want to connect AE5 via external USB but i don't have the right adapter cable (internal USB -> to External USB) at the moment. So i came up with an idea to connect AE5 to front panel USB connector and then using A-A USB cable connect it externally for example to a notebook. The reason i am not sure for it to work is that my front panel USB ports use only 4 of 5 wires. Whereas AE5 has 5-five USB connector. Will it cause problems or device malfunctioning if that 5th wire is absent?
    Will not be an issue at all. Only important wires on USB are GND, +5V, Data+, Data-.

Ok well I managed to get everything installed and running, loop is filled and bled and leak tested but do have a few questions/concerns about aquaero & poweradjusts...

Using aquasuite BETA 5 I updated the aqaero formware to 1013 and with aquasuite 4.72 I updated all 3 PA2 one at a time to firmware 1003, changed bus address to 50-51-52 respectively and I do see 7 fan channels in aquasuite 2012. So far so good.

But...:

1 - 2 of my aquacomputer internal/external Temp sensors indicate negative values, the 4th one (connected to PA2 #3 numbered 52 isn' t showing at all. I tried connecting it again but no luck...
    2 - I've set my dual MCP35X (Fan 4) at "PWM controlled" in aquasuite 2012, but what does Calibration do? I noticed lowering the value increases the pumps' RPM on the display but doesn't seem to modify the flow rate wich is currently at 2.6 l/m. (Isn't it a bit low with dual MCP35X with 1/2id 3/4od tubing)
    3 - My "Chart' pages are all empty, what can I display on these, and how?
    4 - "Relay and power outputs" is also empty (0%). Do you need specific hardware to have it display something? Or something I did not installed properly?
    5 - My aquaero 5 XT is recognised as "aquaero 5 pro" in System/Device in the aquasuite 2012...?

Forgive my ignorance, 1st timer here and the thing lacks english documentation really bad...

These are my questions so far. I'll probably have more in the future, but if someone could answer at least one of these for now it would be a good start.

Thank you.
    MAIN PC :
    Case....: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D + XSPC RX360 Triple Rad. + Akasa Apache Black (6x @Push/Pull)
    RAM....: Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 12GB + EK-RAM Dominator Acetal+Nickel
    Pumps: Swiftech MCP35X 12 VDC (2x) + EK-DDC Dual TOP V.2 G1/4 - Blk Acetal + EK-Multioption RES X2 - 250 Adv. Res.
    Others.: Aquaero 5 XT USB fan controller + Poweradjust 2 USB, Ultra version (3x) + Aqua Computer Flow sensor "HF" G1/4

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by slavearm View Post
    Will not be an issue at all. Only important wires on USB are GND, +5V, Data+, Data-.
    thanks i'll try it later.
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

dopax
    Greetings :

I have a doubt with regard to the pump Swiftech MCP 35X PWM and the Aquaero 5 XT .
    ¿ It would be possible to control two of these pumps through the PWM channel of the Aquaero , but in a way that the power of the bombs outside through PSU or channels of Poweradjust 2 , to download of hard work to the channel PWM of the Aquaero and their VRM ?

Thanks

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acutech View Post
    Ok well I managed to get everything installed and running, loop is filled and bled and leak tested but do have a few questions/concerns about aquaero & poweradjusts...

Using aquasuite BETA 5 I updated the aqaero formware to 1013 and with aquasuite 4.72 I updated all 3 PA2 one at a time to firmware 1003, changed bus address to 50-51-52 respectively and I do see 7 fan channels in aquasuite 2012. So far so good.

But...:

1 - 2 of my aquacomputer internal/external Temp sensors indicate negative values, the 4th one (connected to PA2 #3 numbered 52 isn' t showing at all. I tried connecting it again but no luck...
    2 - I've set my dual MCP35X (Fan 4) at "PWM controlled" in aquasuite 2012, but what does Calibration do? I noticed lowering the value increases the pumps' RPM on the display but doesn't seem to modify the flow rate wich is currently at 2.6 l/m. (Isn't it a bit low with dual MCP35X with 1/2id 3/4od tubing)
    3 - My "Chart' pages are all empty, what can I display on these, and how?
    4 - "Relay and power outputs" is also empty (0%). Do you need specific hardware to have it display something? Or something I did not installed properly?
    5 - My aquaero 5 XT is recognised as "aquaero 5 pro" in System/Device in the aquasuite 2012...?

Forgive my ignorance, 1st timer here and the thing lacks english documentation really bad...

These are my questions so far. I'll probably have more in the future, but if someone could answer at least one of these for now it would be a good start.

Thank you.
    1. I do not know if you have tried this, but I had a similar problem and completely cutting power to the system (more than a reboot) resolved it and the poweradjust 2 came back online and I have not had a problem since.
    2. Seems like one of your MCPx is not running or your have a crazy high resistance in your loop. In aquasuite 2012, put both the "fans" into the default controller at 100% and see if your flow rate goes up. Also, what flow meter are you using? Might require calibration.
    3. You can track about whatever you want. Right now you have to use the aquaero itself to configure though.
    4. It is installed properly, but you have to go in through the AQ5 and configure which items to monitor/display.
    5. Try updating the firmware from Aquasuite 2012. And where do you see that? I actually was shipped a Pro in an XT box, so just to check... you have the capacitive touch buttons right?

Hey thanks for the reply slavearm.

I do have an aquaero 5 XT, with capacitive touch buttons (wich also suffered from the "capacitive syndrom" until I removed the front plate, now need to find a way to put it back on without triggering the random crazy behavior...). My device is already flashed to latest v.1013.
    As for the PA2's, all 3 are connected and seem to work as I do see all 7 fan channels. The problem is only with my Temp sensors, wich are aqua computers' internal/external G1/4, where 2 of wich indicate negative values ex: "<-45 ºC", OR "-43,8 ºC". The 3rd one seem fine indicating 28 or so degrees Celcius. The 4th only shows " - - " and doesn't appear in aquasuite either... I thought it wasn't connected properly but after further verification it seems installed properly.

My flow sensor is aqua computer's Flow Sensor "High Flow" G1/4. Loop runs as follow: Pumps -> Flow Sensor -> aquaero block -> RX360 Rad -> Ram Block -> CPU block -> Mobo block -> GPU block -> Reservoir -> Pumps
    As you can see, the flow sensor directly follows the pumps, and when filling the loop I powered the pumps through an external power supply and the flow was visibly higher. When running from the aquaero the pumps run significantly at lower power... (I did plug the 4pin molex of both fans to the PSU).

I understand you can get aquasuite to monitor pretty much everything you want, problem is I have a hard time figuring it out right now :/

Would be nice if someone could give us a little "step by step" demonstration on how to configure a chart, or nything actually, then it would be easier figuring out the rest I guess...

Thanks,
    MAIN PC :

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I have an XT sample, remote, waterblock, aquastream XT, and their flow sensor I plan to do some testing. I've been really busy lately with work, but I do plan to do some testing/review in this area with demonstrations and the bit. If you guys have particular wishes on things you'd like to see...let me know.

Xtreme Guru
    Just test three things with each of those three AA5's cooling solutions (w/o heatsink/with passive one/with waterblock) - max wattage per channel, per whole AA5 and temps. Max wattage per channel should be tested in few scenarios (only one channel used, all four used, two channels side by side (recalling Shoggy's advise to put powerful stuff like pumps on sidemost channels, not side by side, to less overheat). You may also test capabilities of passive heatsink + some small size fan blowing on it. Also for those not wishing to seek wattage numbers in specs few common used hw examples - it can (or cannot) handle one or two D5, one or two DDC, or how much GTs total.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey, just got my water block for the AE5... temps are higher then with my two minifans....

ch1 and ch2 got 3 fans @ 5v (370ma @ 12v) each....

88C
    27C room
    30C water

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, if temps are worse with waterblock then with air cooled heatsink, i would double check thermal interface with WB.

Did you use the plastic screws that came tith the block? Might be poor contact...
    MAIN PC :

barfastic
    Hey all.

im about to dive in to purchase my first ever Aquaero

and i have a few questions.

the setup i want to have on it is:
    -6 Fans (Xigmatek XLF 1253) (will be broken into 4 channels of 2-2-1-1 fans)
    -8 Temp monitors (4 are for liquid, 4 are for air)
    -2 Flow meters

Will just the Aquaero 5 PRO USB be enough? or do i need to buy extra stuff?
    Do i need to buy additional cooling or those heatsinks?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Just test three things with each of those three AA5's cooling solutions (w/o heatsink/with passive one/with waterblock) - max wattage per channel, per whole AA5 and temps. Max wattage per channel should be tested in few scenarios (only one channel used, all four used, two channels side by side (recalling Shoggy's advise to put powerful stuff like pumps on sidemost channels, not side by side, to less overheat). You may also test capabilities of passive heatsink + some small size fan blowing on it. Also for those not wishing to seek wattage numbers in specs few common used hw examples - it can (or cannot) handle one or two D5, one or two DDC, or how much GTs total.
    I don't have that many GTs but I do have plenty of fans and pumps to simulate a few different scenarios. I'll see what I can do..

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    I do have plenty of fans..
    The man with a fan.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barfastic View Post
    Hey all.

im about to dive in to purchase my first ever Aquaero

and i have a few questions.

the setup i want to have on it is:
    -6 Fans (Xigmatek XLF 1253) (will be broken into 4 channels of 2-2-1-1 fans)
    -8 Temp monitors (4 are for liquid, 4 are for air)
    -2 Flow meters

Will just the Aquaero 5 PRO USB be enough? or do i need to buy extra stuff?
    Do i need to buy additional cooling or those heatsinks?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!
    That should be fine. Just bear in mind the Koolance and AC flow meters essentially reduce your plumbing to 3/8ID. Also, you will have to break to the Fans into 3 channels of 2 each since you will require the 1st channel to be configured as a second flow sensor if I understand everything correctly. I only use one, so I might be a bit off there.

barfastic
    Thanks alot. Does it come with all the cables i need? Or do i have to buy them seperately?

Xtreme Member
    Just Y-Cables or splitters for the fan channels and extensions. If you end up using the Koolance flow meters dont buy the frequency adapters. They are unnecessary.

I am Xtreme
    I'm getting ready to wire things up. Can I run one 4 Pin power cable from the PS to power the AE5 AND 3 PA'2's?

Thanks

Xtreme Member
    You should be fine. The PA2Us are rated at 2amps continuous or around 4 amps peak and the AQ5 is rated at about 6 amps with EVERYTHING enabled. 18GA copper wire should be good for 16-18 continuous amps over the distance in a typical chassis, peak you could probably pull 24amps for a short period of time....

3 x PA2U = 6amps continuous or 12 amps Peak
    1 x AQ5 = 6amps fully loaded (maybe more peak)

so you are looking at 12amps continuous and a peak of maybe 20. I think you should be fine.

barfastic
    Quote Originally Posted by slavearm View Post
    Just Y-Cables or splitters for the fan channels and extensions. If you end up using the Koolance flow meters dont buy the frequency adapters. They are unnecessary.
    is this for both the flow meter and the first fan channel that can also be used as a fow meter?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barfastic View Post
    is this for both the flow meter and the first fan channel that can also be used as a fow meter?
    If you are talking about the frequency adapters, I am uncertain actually. But seeing as the AQ5 can process the Koolance with a configuration value of 197, I don't see why it would be any different on the first fan channel then on the dedicated port.

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast