Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

Xtreme Guru
    Phaseshift: with one flowmeter there should be no problems, as there is separate connector for such. Only if you have two, then you have to dedicate one of 4 fan connectors for it. Just remember to calibrate in aquasuite appropriate impulse count per liter for particular flow meters to get right readings.

I am Xtreme
    I wish I had the AE5 in front of me right now so I can work with it, its currently in transit thanks for the help churchy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Stand back, I'm gonna do science.

Xtreme Guru
    Phaseshift: i just remembered how it was for AA4 and taken another look at pics from first post by Shoggy (one from backside of the PCB with sticker on it explaining what connector is for what. Probably 'flow' on top is for flowmeter).

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    ... Probably 'flow' on top is for flowmeter).
    Right, like the obviously-named "PWM" connectors. Yes, I'm still ticked about that one.

Aqua Computer Rep
    PWM means only pulse width modulation which is exactly what these connectors do: they use a modulated 12V signal. The power is controlled by the width of the power signal within this modulation.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So, what are those two 2-pin PWM(16kHz) connectors are for?
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Aqua Computer Rep
    You can connect anything that is able to run with a PWM power source. It is ideal for effect stuff like LED stripes for example.

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: and what power output limitations are for those two 2-pin pwm connectors? And should it also be distracted from 60W for whole AA5?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So I guess, one pin of that PWM connector is the actual PWM signal and the second is ground (GND)?
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Shoggy: and what power output limitations are for those two 2-pin pwm connectors?
    1 Amper
    Last edited by SpuTnicK; 06-22-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Ω
    Shoggy you are the man for sending me a new LCD screen to replace my defective one! I just got finished installing it and everything is working 100%!

Thank you very much sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

Someone already tried to play with LCDHype?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey Shoggy, is it possible to buy the LT version now and then add on the screen later?

And can a pump like an MCP 355 be directly connected to the LT version or do I need more accessories? Thanks.

I know some of these questions have been answered, but its just a bit confusing right now.
    Last edited by mav2000; 06-23-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Another new find from the german threads over at AC...

If you want startboost to work on the PA2s connected to the AE5 you have to first disable startboost on the PA2s by connecting via USB to each PA2 individually and turn startboost off in Aquasuite 4.72.
    I managed to stop my fans from peaking at 2.1A and tripping an overload as they sometimes would during startup. I set a 60% startboost in aquasuite 2012 after disabling in PA2s to get it to work!

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Borg Homeworld - Blog
    i7 3930k @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4 way SLI 3GB GTX 580-UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB Corsair GT DDR3-2000 RAM - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Surround LCD

Aqua Computer Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
    Hey Shoggy, is it possible to buy the LT version now and then add on the screen later?

And can a pump like an MCP 355 be directly connected to the LT version or do I need more accessories? Thanks.
    From the technical side you can upgrade an aquaero LT to PRO or XT because all variants use the same base controller. Well, we do not offer any official upgrade kits so you could order all necessary parts which would end in a much higher price.

If you want to run a pump directly on the LT device you should get at least the passive cooling block. If you also want to connect some fans to all other channels the waterblock would be the better decision.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    From the technical side you can upgrade an aquaero LT to PRO or XT because all variants use the same base controller. Well, we do not offer any official upgrade kits so you could order all necessary parts which would end in a much higher price.

If you want to run a pump directly on the LT device you should get at least the passive cooling block. If you also want to connect some fans to all other channels the waterblock would be the better decision.
    With that said if I plan on running a MCP355 + 6 fans connected to the AE5 I should get the waterblock? What if I don't will I run into problems?

what if I just run the fans and a flowmeter and just connect the pump to the mobo?
    Last edited by Phaseshift; 06-24-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Stand back, I'm gonna do science.

? for the A5 Guru's

I purchased the water block for my A5, however I just recieved my A5 and the heatsink is massive and not like the photo's on this site. The unit is also heavier than expected. I plan to power 5 fans Nanoxia fX12-2000 @ 2.36W - .28A and one D5. In short , I want to replace existing parts a BigNG and Matrix Orbital LCD because of software issues on my Win7 64bit pc. Can I avoid the waterblock until I upgrade my case with a bigger radiator? If so seems I could spread the fans between Chan 1-3 and put the D5 on Chan 4.

Like this:

Chan1 =1 Internal
    Chan2 =2 x Radiator Fans
    Chan3 = 2 x Case Fans
    Chan4 = 1 x D5

Is the Tubmeter supported on The A5 with the Aquabus cable for the Tubmeter?

Xtreme Member
    You'll be fine without the water block for that config. Yes the Tubemeter does work on the low speed aquabus port.
    Put the 1 internal fan on the channel next to the one your putting the D5 on.
    The channels share a temp sensor for each pair 1&2 and also 3&4 so you want the lowest load on the channel next to the D5.

Cheers
    Last edited by Phatboy69; 06-25-2011 at 06:23 AM.

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Borg Homeworld - Blog
    i7 3930k @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4 way SLI 3GB GTX 580-UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB Corsair GT DDR3-2000 RAM - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Surround LCD

Cheers PhatBoy69 -- Just finished the transplant from the BigNG with no issues. Temps holding at 64C for the group with no the D5 set @ 9.6V or 75% power. I will probably use the water block when I move to my new case to control temp swing a little better.

Anyone get the remote to work ?

Xtreme Member
    Mine just worked straight out of the box.. Batteries in the right way?

Figured it out , its line of site IR-Remote.

Great job on the software, as fellow developer I do understand the amount of time and effort that went into this .NET WPF application. To the entire Dev / Design team @ AquaComputer - Job Well Done . When I get my hands on the SDK, should be couple of hours to create some sort of email alert triggered by temp and/or flow . I wonder if this is in the works.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey Shoggy,

I just got my xt today, can you please try and help me on a few things ?

- I can not run more then one 370ma fans per channel - the vrm temp will get to 95C.
    - The f1 and f2 keys are being pressed by them selves... I touch nothing and I hear the f1 or f2 key being pressed - what can I do ?
    - The XT does not come with an extra black face plate ?
    - What is the red light on the back ?

Thank you !

Great product - I enjoy it alot

Xtreme Guru
    More then one 4.5W fan per channel heating up AA5 with passive heatsink? Weird, it should handle much much more imho. Hmm, is heatsink attached well to chips? Maybe some TIM issue?

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast