Thread: Help needed with BIOS modding for updating RAID on X58

Xtreme Addict

Exclamation Help needed with BIOS modding for updating RAID on X58

I'm looking to put in the new Intel RAID OROM 10.1.0.1008 into the EVGA E759 BIOS but I am running into an issue that I cannot seem to get around, or rather my knowledge is just not up to par...

Basic situation is like this. The current latest BIOS from EVGA uses a 64K 8.0.0.1038 OROM. The new OROM is 84.5K in size. While replacing the 8.0.0.1030 OROM with the last 64K 8.5.0.1030 OROM released by Intel works fine, replacing with the 84.5K 10.1.0.1008 OROM results in the following error once the system tries to initialize RAID.

Internal Error - PnP and PCI compliant BIOS not Present

I am at odds what to do. It clearly seems like some sort of addressing problem, but I cannot get around it as I have no clue where to look or what to do. I noticed that Gigabyte X58 boards using the same Award BIOS are able to update, so it must be a (relatively) simple addressing/offset issue or something along those lines.

Anybody know how to get around this?

I already tried multiple versions of the OROM and as soon as the 64K uncompressed size is exceeded the OROM does not work any more and throws the same error. I also tried changing positions of OROMs with no effect.

Any help is appreciated!

Xtreme Addict
    Nobody? Really?

I am Xtreme
    Bump.
    Really need help, guys.
    EVGA can't or doesn't want to fix this problem.
    I know it was done for numerous boards, including ancient ASUS P5Q...
    Someone's bound to know. Perhaps ASUS or Gigabyte BIOS engineers are reading this.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.