Page 68 of 181 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 4519

Thread: AMD Zambezi news, info, fans !

  1. #1676
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,081
    That's because we're bored, and he's frustrated because he's banned.

  2. #1677
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,795
    I'm not fond of John from AMD (not as a person because I don't know him, I'm sure he's a cool guy outside of AMD), but to actually call John out as liar of the month is a new low even for **R.
    As quoted by LowRun......"So, we are one week past AMD's worst case scenario for BD's availability but they don't feel like communicating about the delay, I suppose AMD must be removed from the reliable sources list for AMD's products launch dates"

  3. #1678
    Xtreme Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,979
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    I'm not fond of John from AMD (not as a person because I don't know him, I'm sure he's a cool guy outside of AMD), but to actually call John out as liar of the month is a new low even for **R.
    Indeed, it was out of line.
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

  4. #1679
    maltrabob
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverda View Post
    Little update with an actual photograph of that pathetic pety ego addict.

    http://www.maltrabob.com/obrulez.jpg

  5. #1680
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,173
    Nice one maltrabob .

  6. #1681
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39
    Hi Guys,

    About OBR, I can tell you there is some genuine BD entries in the CPUZ Validator Database right now and none of them looks like the one he published. Especially regarding the construction of the PSN.

    A good proof for what he says should be to validate a dump, even unpublished. If he let me check this dump, I will be able to confirm or not.
    Doc_TB @ CanardPC.Com (FR)

  7. #1682
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,478
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoled View Post
    Hey Beep, he is fully entitled to his opinion, as are you and as is everybody else.

    Freeloader, you do come across like you are always throwing your dummy out the pram though.....
    Of course he is entitled to his opinion...
    However he is shoving it in peoples faces as if his words are the bible...

    Not in the last two or so posts, but still.

    As far as OBR goes, I can't believe moderator hasn't stepped in yet but then again this discussion seems to be moving in the right direction for the most part :p

    @xsecret
    Doesn't OBR only have early ES CPUs that are probably stolen somewhere down the line? ...B0 CPU can't really be called a representation of performance like he wants it to be.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 08-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Smile

  8. #1683
    Xtreme X.I.P. Particle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,178
    Vapor can't be serious. Am I seriously expected to find out all banned XS members and consult the list every time I want to post a link to outside information? I didn't have any clue OBR was previously an XS member until this whole thing for instance. I was just lucky enough not to have posted anything I guess.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

    Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

    Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

    Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

    Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

    Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

    Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

  9. #1684
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    @xsecret
    Doesn't OBR only have early ES CPUs that are probably stolen somewhere down the line? ...B0 CPU can't really be called a representation of performance like he wants it to be.
    Mmmmm. I'm reviewing CPUs since 10 years and I never saw a huge performance gap between any B0 ES CPU and the final, retail step of the same CPU. Changes in features and OC abilities for sure, but not in raw performance. This said, the validator database contains many BD steps, from the first A0 to the latest one (with final PSN), and none of them looks like the PSN on his screenshots.
    Doc_TB @ CanardPC.Com (FR)

  10. #1685
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,478
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecret View Post
    Mmmmm. I'm reviewing CPUs since 10 years and I never saw a huge performance gap between any B0 ES CPU and the final, retail step of the same CPU. Changes in features and OC abilities for sure, but not in raw performance. This said, the validator database contains many BD steps, from the first A0 to the latest one (with final PSN), and none of them looks like the PSN on his screenshots.
    I'm genuinely confused now, considering OBR's results often put Bulldozer at Thuban level performance...
    Smile

  11. #1686
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Of course he is entitled to his opinion...
    However he is shoving it in peoples faces as if his words are the bible...

    Not in the last two or so posts, but still.

    As far as OBR goes, I can't believe moderator hasn't stepped in yet but then again this discussion seems to be moving in the right direction for the most part :p

    @xsecret
    Doesn't OBR only have early ES CPUs that are probably stolen somewhere down the line? ...B0 CPU can't really be called a representation of performance like he wants it to be.
    What's wrong with the bible?
    As quoted by LowRun......"So, we are one week past AMD's worst case scenario for BD's availability but they don't feel like communicating about the delay, I suppose AMD must be removed from the reliable sources list for AMD's products launch dates"

  12. #1687
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,478
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    What's wrong with the bible?
    Not wanting to get in a religious arguement, nothings wrong with the bible, but people that believe it's correct generally try a bit hard to persuade others about it.
    Smile

  13. #1688
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Not wanting to get in a religious arguement, nothings wrong with the bible, but people that believe it's correct generally try a bit hard to persuade others about it.
    I'm joking with you...relax. You fail to see my sarcasm in most of my posts. Just learn to ignore me when I rant. I'm still standing by my 10% comment though.
    As quoted by LowRun......"So, we are one week past AMD's worst case scenario for BD's availability but they don't feel like communicating about the delay, I suppose AMD must be removed from the reliable sources list for AMD's products launch dates"

  14. #1689
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecret View Post
    Mmmmm. I'm reviewing CPUs since 10 years and I never saw a huge performance gap between any B0 ES CPU and the final, retail step of the same CPU. Changes in features and OC abilities for sure, but not in raw performance. This said, the validator database contains many BD steps, from the first A0 to the latest one (with final PSN), and none of them looks like the PSN on his screenshots.
    There is a difference with Bulldozer though.With microcode AMD can tweak and turn off various features of the core.Remember the Barcelona TLB erratum and the BIOS patch that came out to fix it? Now imagine similar thing with Bulldozer,where you can tweak on a much deeper level and imagine that there is nothing wrong-they can enforce many things through the BIOS-from memory accesses to prefetching .Note that Bulldozer also has numerous clock domains that can be controlled.

    PS I'm not saying retail Zambezi is now going to magically post some insane numbers.It may very well be slightly faster than what we have been shown. But the only problem with early B0/B1 numbers is that these samples perform usually lower than Thuban (or barely faster). For a FX name baring design with 300$ price sticker,I doubt it will be slightly faster than 190$ 1100T .
    Last edited by informal; 08-25-2011 at 04:01 PM.

  15. #1690
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    I'm genuinely confused now, considering OBR's results often put Bulldozer at Thuban level performance...
    I don't know what to think about OBR. This could be 100% fake, but some of the informations he published are true. For example the launch date. At this time, the press NDA disclosure is planned for the 06 Sept while the retail launch is planned for October, between 03 and 15. The exact date is not yet defined, but it's really October. In the opposite, there is some clear fakes in the pictures he released. The values displayed by CPUZ seems wrong and doesn't follow the current BD dumps I have in the database. He could have a different CPU, but that's unlikely. A single submit from him could be a great proof of everything. I can guarantee I will not pass any informations from him to AMD. I was the first to leak K8 results on the Internet, so I know what I'm talking about But there is some more disturbing fake I spotted in his pictures. Like this one (hard to explain, so here is a small picture) :

    Doc_TB @ CanardPC.Com (FR)

  16. #1691
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lansing, MI / London / Stinkaypore
    Posts
    1,788
    I don't buy the microcode argument. I don't think you can help performance that much.

    Didn't some site post that B0/B1 steppings were prone to HTT Flooding under load?
    Not sure what you'd do to make it run stable, but I bet the BIOS is putting some clamps unto the core/cache.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

  17. #1692
    Xtreme Mentor
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    France - Bx
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecret View Post
    I don't know what to think about OBR. This could be 100% fake, but some of the informations he published are true. For example the launch date. At this time, the press NDA disclosure is planned for the 06 Sept while the retail launch is planned for October, between 03 and 15. The exact date is not yet defined, but it's really October. In the opposite, there is some clear fakes in the pictures he released. The values displayed by CPUZ seems wrong and doesn't follow the current BD dumps I have in the database. He could have a different CPU, but that's unlikely. A single submit from him could be a great proof of everything. I can guarantee I will not pass any informations from him to AMD. I was the first to leak K8 results on the Internet, so I know what I'm talking about But there is some more disturbing fake I spotted in his pictures. Like this one (hard to explain, so here is a small picture) :

    That's what I call real informations

  18. #1693
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    145.21.4.???
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecret View Post
    For example the launch date. At this time, the press NDA disclosure is planned for the 06 Sept while the retail launch is planned for October, between 03 and 15. The exact date is not yet defined, but it's really October.
    The rumored October launch date is leaked out from a UK site first.

  19. #1694
    XIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,535
    I don't really give a buck about all the pre release results and speculation...

    The only scenario if Intel SB-E stuck @ 53X average like 2600K....BD that (most definitely) can scale to 6Ghz+ with cold will be the obvious choice for benching this coming winter

    Time to dust off your venom pot and put the single stage back in the drawer. Lol
    Last edited by Dumo; 08-25-2011 at 04:36 PM.

  20. #1695
    maltrabob
    Guest

    What OBR didn`t want us to see...

    Here we are again with yet another piece of confusing information. This is the printscreen of a cached document that shortly appeared on his blog on Tuesday, 17th May 2011: www.maltrabob.com/Obr_popel3.jpg. It reads:

    "My bad: I was mistaken ... big time

    I was expecting that AMD BD was going to be a fiasco, I was mistaken and declare that it is not. After many years of inferior performance the time has come for some revenge ... Intel is going to be surprised I guess! That`s why Intel is likely to plan Core i7-2800K and similar ones ..."

    Unfortunalely I wasn`t fast enough to capture the whole article but I managed to read it all. In general, it was saying that BD is not going to disappoint.
    Last edited by maltrabob; 08-26-2011 at 12:57 AM.

  21. #1696
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    261
    He is like a little spoilt brat with some personality disorder :/

  22. #1697
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by maltrabob View Post
    Here we are again with yet another piece of confusing information. This is the printscreen of a cached document that shortly appeared on his blog on Tuesday, 17th May 2011: www.maltrabob.com/Obr_popel3.jpg. It reads:

    "My bad: I was mistaken ... big time

    I was expecting that AMD BD was going to be a fiasco, I was mistaken and declare that it is not. After many years of inferior performance the time has come for some revenge ... Intel is going to be surprised I guess! That`s why Intel is likely to plan Core i7-2800K and similar ones ..."

    Unfortunalely I wasn`t fast enough to capture the whole article but I managed to read it all. In general, it was saying that BD is not going to disappoint.
    Gee, i wonder how long he left it out there for.... Fair dinkum, this bloke is a wack job.
    AMD FX-8350 Stock
    Custom water cooling
    4Gig DDR3 Corsair DOM 2133
    Asus Crosshair V Formula
    Silverstone ST-1500 PSU
    Corsair OBSIDIAN 800D
    Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
    Logitech Z-5500D
    Watercooled HIS 7970
    Asus VW246H
    Win 7 HP 64Bit

  23. #1698
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    279
    Think about this for a while:
    8 core = 300$
    300/8 = 37,5$ per core
    compare to todays price on 6 cores:
    1100T = 190$
    190/6 = 31,667$ per core
    37,5/31,667 = 1,184
    So, 18,4% higher price per core - would this be also the average performance increase we can expect per core?

    If so, for 8 core (33% more cores)
    1,184*1,333 = 1,578
    58% performance increase compared to 1100T when full load on all cores?
    Remember the rumors about 50% more performance with 33% more cores? It seems it's likely are true...we can only hope
    (you also have to account higher clock speeds and support for new instruction sets)
    Last edited by nex_73; 08-26-2011 at 03:37 AM.

    My stuff
    PhII x6 1055T @ 4.2GHz | Corsair H50 + Scythe SL12SH PnP | Asus Crosshair IV F | 4GB Dominator 1600 CL8 | Corsair HX520W | CM HAF932 | Dell 2405FPW | Creative 5.1 THX |

  24. #1699
    Brilliant Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    10,858
    Here's my analogy.

    OBR is some pissed off dweeb that can't get AMD review samples legit because he can't keep his mouth shut. For some reson he blames his contact in his local area when in reality it's his own damn fault.

    Someone is selling him chips but the joke is on him, it could be AMD themselves, but they are sending him some preety rotten samples, either his contact for chips is burning him and laughing all the way to the bank or AMD is doing it just to have a good laugh.

    The term having more money than brains applies here.

    As far as JF and his comments towards, well......JF is server not desktop. Not only is OBR out of line, he's an idiot in this sense, when JF makes a comment it is based on his knowledge of server side not desktop.
    Last edited by chew*; 08-26-2011 at 04:54 AM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

  25. #1700
    Banned Movieman...
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    1,810
    so let me get this right. in one of the posts above he is praising amd but in all of the others he has been kicking amd in the nuts?

    wtf sound like he has multiple personality disorder. All personality's will be listed below
    The mean, crazy drunk russian in favor of intel
    The psycho, crap spewing psychopath in favor of intel
    The bully on the playground that has failed a grade or 3 so he is taller than anyone else in favor of intel
    The kid scared of the bully that never tells anyone what has happened and the one time he does its just a tease in favor of amd

Page 68 of 181 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178118168 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •