Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** ASUS P67/H67 BIOS Updates

Quote Originally Posted by BR_Impulse View Post
    I had this issue as well but then I installed the patch from the quote given before by SimpleTECH. I was able to get back the CPU ratio control from this. I only had to install it once, and I did so after I installed the new AI Suite II. Quote added below with the link. Hope it works for you guys!
    I've uninstalled AI Suite, installed both ME and INF, run the patcher twice, reinstalled AI Suite, and and still cannot adjust the multiplier in TurboV. Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Fixed! Enter BIOS and change the Turbo Ratio setting to "By Per Core". Boot and run TurboV. Click More Settings, Advanced, and the CPU Ratio tab is there. Click the ON button to enable ratio adjustment and allow the system to reboot. TurboV changes the Turbo Ratio setting from "By Per Core" back to "By All Cores" and subsequently enables the CPU Ratio adjustment.

Thanks to all for the assistance and suggestions!
    Last edited by Mathemagician; 01-23-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wampir View Post
    Does anyone has at least 4.5ghz with 4 sticks?
    Yes. Check my last post for the settings. I've got 4 x 4GB @ 1333 MHz.
    I can probably get to 5 GHz if I upped the vcore more, but I'm getting scared of putting it past 1.45v.
    Main Machine:
    AMD FX8350 @ stock --- 16 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz --- Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 --- 2.0 TB Seagate

Miscellaneous Workstations for Code-Testing:
    Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- 32 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz --- Asus Z87-Plus --- 1.5 TB (boot) --- 4 x 1 TB + 4 x 2 TB (swap)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathemagician View Post
    I've uninstalled AI Suite, installed both ME and INF, run the patcher twice, reinstalled AI Suite, and and still cannot adjust the multiplier in TurboV. Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Fixed! Enter BIOS and change the Turbo Ratio setting to "By Per Core". Boot and run TurboV. Click More Settings, Advanced, and the CPU Ratio tab is there. Click the ON button to enable ratio adjustment and allow the system to reboot. TurboV changes the Turbo Ratio setting from "By Per Core" back to "By All Cores" and subsequently enables the CPU Ratio adjustment.

I just had the same issue with the Multi adjustment following bios to 1253 and updating the AI Suite II.

I discovered that if you set the Turbo to AUTO in the bios rather than setting it manually or setting allow settings controlled by OS... then booted and ran TurboV EVO I got the enable CPU ratio. Clicked on that and let it re-boot. Then when windows re-booted I had the CPU Ratio tab with 38 set and adjustment available. Next I rebooted and set my Multi in the Bios - in my case 48 and restarted windows. Still have the CPU Ratio tab and adjustment.

Bit of a fad, but seems to work

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I went back to 1253 this morning since it allows the PC to boot more easily after a crash, no double boot or stock bios vs 1053...

My 24/7 will be
    46X100
    DDR3 1600
    Everything left AUTO or STOCK, except for the CPU voltage:
    1.35 Vcore

BTW, Linx can't be a test tool for Sandry Bridge....
    Priming away 1H + right now....

I can't get 4.8ghz to be prime stable even with 1.395V...
    Last edited by orion23; 01-25-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Antec P180 SILVER
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios 1602
    Intel Core I7 2600K @ 4.8ghz 1.295V Manual 24/7
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    OCZ 700W PSU
    4X2GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
    Seagate 1TB Samsung 1TB (X3)
    MSI Radeon HD 5850
    WINDOWS 7 PRO X64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poke349 View Post
    Yes. Check my last post for the settings. I've got 4 x 4GB @ 1333 MHz.
    I can probably get to 5 GHz if I upped the vcore more, but I'm getting scared of putting it past 1.45v.
    Could You paste your settings here ?

i7 2600K& Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme & Freon Cooler
    Asus P8P67
    Corsair 4x2gb 1600 7-7-7
    Intel 80Gb G2
    Antec True Power New 650W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I'm not sure why you're surprised by this. The point of using higher LLC settings is to suppress the Vdroop specifically at load. Your CPU spikes to >1.4V because your it will briefly remain at your max turbo multiplier in a zero load situation and you are using a very high offset.

The fix:
    CPU Voltage = Offset Mode = 0.00V
    Load Line Calibration = Ultra High

Those settings will probably get you around 1.35V under load with your overclock. You can drop the offset in .05V increments and it will also drop the load Vcore by a proportional amount. If you lose stability at LOWER clocks due to undervolting, then drop your LLC from Ultra High to High (and raise your offset slightly again).

General consensus seems to be the following...
    The majority of these processors can actually run at 4.8GHz on 1.37-1.39V using appropriate phase control options
    4.5-4.6GHz can be achieved with 1.33-1.35V
    4.9GHz isn't a wall, but it is a very steep ramp. My particular sample wants at least 1.41-1.42V at 4.9GHz vs 1.36-1.37V for 4.8GHz.

My settings for a 24/7 OC (1.016V idle, 1.368V load, 1.376V load-drop):
    AI Overclock Tuner = Manual
    BCLK/PEG Frequency = 100
    Turbo Ratio = By All Cores = 48
    Internal PLL Overvoltage = Enabled
    Memory Frequency = DDR3-1866
    OC Tuner = Disabled
    EPU Power Saving Mode = Disabled
    DRAM Timing Control = 8-9-8-24-1T
    Load Line Calibration = Ultra High
    Phase Control = Extreme
    Duty Control = Extreme
    CPU Voltage = Offset Mode = .020V
    DRAM Voltage = 1.6V
    I was surprised because the spikes only started appearing when I upgraded to 1253. The vdroop I noticed with the old bios was very minimal. If I ignore the random spikes with the new bios, the vdroop is still about the same. (~0.02 or so)
    That's why I'm tempted to think that the spikes had nothing to do with LLC.

I'm using offset mode so that it will lower voltages when it's idle. If I forced it to a particular voltage, it stays that high even at idle.

I'll try lowering the offset and turning on LLC to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wampir View Post
    Could You paste your settings here ?

I'll repost here:

BIOS: 1253
    vcore offset mode: +0.085
    LLC: forced off (standard)
    PLL overvoltage: on
    Everything else left on defaults...

Idle vcore: 1.09v.
    Load vcore: 1.32v - 1.34v
    Random vcore spikes: 1.38v - 1.41v

Results with these settings:

4.2 GHz (24/7)
    4.5 GHz (completely prime stable)
    4.6 GHz (4 hours prime stable)

Those are my 24/7 settings. 4 hours prime-stable @ 4.6 GHz. Completely prime-stable @ 4.5 GHz. But I'll be doing software development on it - so I'm clocking it at 4.2 GHz to be safe.

For my temporary suicide run, I put the offset to +1.25 or so (I don't remember the exact number.)
    With this I was able to get 4.9 GHz at least 10 min. prime-stable. 5.0 GHz was screenshot-able but not bootable. Load voltages were over 1.43v so I didn't want to keep it there long enough to get them stable.

For this suicide run, I left my window open to let the sub-zero ambient outside air into the room and the case. (ambient outside was -10F, inside the case, it was about 40 - 50F)
    So temperatures were never a problem. I'm "sorta" on water. (see my siggy for exact specs)
    Main Machine:
    AMD FX8350 @ stock --- 16 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz --- Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 --- 2.0 TB Seagate

Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- 32 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz --- Asus Z87-Plus --- 1.5 TB (boot) --- 4 x 1 TB + 4 x 2 TB (swap)

Don't try turning on LLC...do it now and leave it on. You are supposed to be using at least a LLC of High at your clock speed, and possibly Ultra High. Ask anyone else for their opinion, they'll say the same thing. There is no reason for you to be running a .085V offset just to run 4.6 GHz. It's forcing your idle load to be almost 1.1V when it should be at or below 1.0V. And as you point out, you can barely even hit the 4.8-4.9 GHz range on an even more ridiculous offset headed into the +1V territory. You are doing it wrong.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Don't try turning on LLC...do it now and leave it on. You are supposed to be using at least a LLC of High at your clock speed, and possibly Ultra High. Ask anyone else for their opinion, they'll say the same thing. There is no reason for you to be running a .085V offset just to run 4.6 GHz. It's forcing your idle load to be almost 1.1V when it should be at or below 1.0V. And as you point out, you can barely even hit the 4.8-4.9 GHz range on an even more ridiculous offset headed into the +1V territory. You are doing it wrong.
    Been playing with it a bit and it's working. Thanks!

I tuned the LLC and the offset so that the load vcore is the same as it was before and it seems to be just as stable. The only difference now is that the spikes are gone and my idle vcore is low (since the offset is lower).

I didn't zero the offset. I turned it down by a lot though.

I didn't realize the LLC increased the base voltage as the load is increased. During the original i7 days, LLC only eliminated the vdroop (with very little overshoot). I turned off LLC because of the unwanted voltage spikes and the rumors that it was killing CPUs.

Now, LLC seems to actually increase the vcore - so I don't have to (as much). I guess SB is very different. (or at least the mobo...)

Right now I'm testing 4.8 GHz:
    LLC = Very High and offset = 0.025.

If this is stable for a few hours, then 4.5 GHz will be my new 24/7. (I do need the safety margin since I'll be doing software dev work - so I need some degree of reliability.)
    I'll be retesting everything once I get Win7 SP1 with AVX LinX... I know that's gonna put a lot more extra stress on the chip.
    Main Machine:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathemagician View Post

Glad to hear you got it working! I had mine set to "By All Cores" from the start so I'm not sure what happened there, but maybe some setting needed to instigate a change in the Suite.
    Primary Rig: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | Zalman CNPS10X FLEX | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 9-9-9-24 1600MHZ | Asus P8P67 Pro | Corsair TX750
    ATI Radeon 5870 | Seagate 500GB | CoolerMaster HAF 912 | Samsung 22X DVDRW | Dell P2411H | Logitech G11 | Logitech G5 | Logitech X-230
    Vantec Nexstar CX Enclosure with WD Green 2TB HDD

Secondary Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 3.0GHz | Corsair XMS2 4x1GB 4-4-4-12 800MHz | Asus P5N32-e SLi Plus | ATI Radeon 5850 | OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    Seagate 320GB | Thermaltake Soprano | Samsung 18X DVDRW | Samsung 205BW

Been playing with it a bit and it's working. Thanks!

I tuned the LLC and the offset so that the load vcore is the same as it was before and it seems to be just as stable. The only difference now is that the spikes are gone and my idle vcore is low (since the offset is lower).

I didn't zero the offset. I turned it down by a lot though.

I didn't realize the LLC increased the base voltage as the load is increased. During the original i7 days, LLC only eliminated the vdroop (with very little overshoot). I turned off LLC because of the unwanted voltage spikes and the rumors that it was killing CPUs.

Now, LLC seems to actually increase the vcore - so I don't have to (as much). I guess SB is very different. (or at least the mobo...)
    Yeah you can't set the offset to 0.00V or it will reset itself to Auto. But you can definitely set a minimal offset of 0.005V. As far as the behavior of the Vcore is concerned, I really like the Asus LLC implementation actually and the setting of Ultra High is just about perfect for running 2500K/2600K processors at 4.7-4.9 GHz. The Asus engineers really outdid the competition on this generation of boards and the amount of power delivery control options you have.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 01-23-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BR_Impulse View Post
    Glad to hear you got it working! I had mine set to "By All Cores" from the start so I'm not sure what happened there, but maybe some setting needed to instigate a change in the Suite.
    Oh wow! I didn't see Mathemagician's post until now. It worked for me to! Thanks!!!
    Main Machine:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah you can't set the offset to 0.00V or it will reset itself to Auto. But you can definitely set a minimal offset of 0.005V. As far as the behavior of the Vcore is concerned, I really like the Asus LLC implementation actually and the setting of Ultra High is just about perfect for running 2500K/2600K processors at 4.7-4.9 GHz. The Asus engineers really outdid the competition on this generation of boards and the amount of power delivery control options you have.
    Although I posted after you, I didn't see your response because I immediately went afk... lol

Been playing with it a bit more. As others have hinted, there's a steep vcore hill. For mine it's 4.8 - 4.9 GHz. I finally got 4.9 GHz > 5 min. stable. I didn't want to test longer because my temps were getting high. (Normally, I don't have this problem, but right now, I don't have my rig setup properly to get sub-zero air from outside. )

The difference between 4.8 GHz and 4.9 GHz was 0.040v. Between 4.7 and 4.8 was only 0.015v.
    I tried 5.0 GHz using the marginally stable 4.9 GHz settings - blue screened about a second into my multi-threaded pi benchmark.
    I'll try again later - gotta catch up on homework.

I booted up with a 4.7 GHz prime-stable setting. Then upped it via AI Suite.

These are all AI Suite settings:
    4.9 GHz
    Vcore = 1.230v
    DDR = 1.5v

Load-Line Calibration = Ultra High
    Current Capability = 120%
    Frequency = 350KHz
    Phase Control = Extreme
    Duty Control = Extreme

Load vcore came out to be about 1.42 - 1.44. Temps were 80 - 85C. Ambient was about 72F. I'll try again later with sub-zero ambients.
    Main Machine:

Oh wow! I didn't see Mathemagician's post until now. It worked for me to! Thanks!!!
    I think all the change in AI Suite does is set the EFI to "By All Cores = Auto" and that's what recovers the option in TurboV.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 01-23-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think all the change in AI Suite does is set it to "By All Cores = Auto" and that's what recovers the option in TurboV.
    Hmm... I don't think I ever had it on auto. As soon as I upgraded the BIOS, I immediately set it to what I had before. (all cores - 42x)

That's probably why...
    Main Machine:

Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    I had issues with EZ Flash saying "Not an EFI BIOS" but then I just put it on a different flash drive and it works just fine.

New BIOS is nice for the Pro but my previously stable CPU clock is now unstable with even more voltage.
    The file system MUST be FAT32 to use EZ Flash.
    4930K @ 4.8 @ 1.4v in Rampage IV BE w/ EK RIVBE Blocks
    4 x 780 TI Classifieds w/EK acetal/nickle full cover blocks
    32GB Corsair Platinum 2666
    Corsair 1500w AXi
    Lil' Devil Black Reverse SS Phase Case
    2 x XSPC RX480 v3 w/Gentle Typhoon 1850 and 1 x XSPC EX120
    Mailstrom Res w/ 2 x MCP35X, EK dual acetal MCP35X top with two MCP35X
    7/16" x 5/8" Primochill LRT Black with EK Compression fittings
    1 TB and 512 GB Samsung EVO 840 and 4 GB W/D Black

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyjaxx View Post
    The file system MUST be FAT32 to use EZ Flash.
    Is this for external devices only (USB flash drives and the like)? I update in EZ Flash just by navigating to my windows desktop folder where I downloaded my BIOS to from within EZ Flash itself with the SATA drive being in NTFS and I was able to update my BIOS both times successfully.
    Primary Rig: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | Zalman CNPS10X FLEX | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 9-9-9-24 1600MHZ | Asus P8P67 Pro | Corsair TX750
    ATI Radeon 5870 | Seagate 500GB | CoolerMaster HAF 912 | Samsung 22X DVDRW | Dell P2411H | Logitech G11 | Logitech G5 | Logitech X-230
    Vantec Nexstar CX Enclosure with WD Green 2TB HDD

Secondary Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 3.0GHz | Corsair XMS2 4x1GB 4-4-4-12 800MHz | Asus P5N32-e SLi Plus | ATI Radeon 5850 | OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    Seagate 320GB | Thermaltake Soprano | Samsung 18X DVDRW | Samsung 205BW

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo13 View Post
    Try this please, shutdown the system. Remove power from the power supply for a minute or two, clear CMOS, then reattach power. Startup, enter UEFI and input your required settings, for your memory please manually change the memory speed, timings and dram voltage based on your kit specifications. Reboot, enter Windows, then shutdown again. Now restart the system. This will clear the ME and memory/CPU tables. It could be that after flashing the BIOS up from a lower version (pre-1053) that the tables were never properly cleared. This is especially true if the MEI driver is not loaded. Let me know if this helps, if not we will go to step two.

In testing I found that the voltages are slightly lower overall but stability was still maintained. We also changed how the auto settings work on C1E, C3, and C6 and are dependent now on EIST being enabled or not. In addition LLC was fine tuned so previous settings might not work as before. If you continue to have problems, please PM me and we will work it out offline.
    Thanks, I actually did the CMOS reset after flashing up to 1053 and that cured my double post problem. I meant that this new 1253 BIOS lets me stress test longer at 49x100 with the same settings compared to 1053.

I still am getting power downs after about an hour of testing... the CPU is getting just about as much voltage as I'd like to push through it at the moment, so I'll just keep 48x100 as my OC.

Regarding the slightly lower voltages, I found I had to bump up my vcore from 1.330 to 1.335 to maintain stability w/Extreme LLC. However, after reading about the voltage spikes I'm now switched over to +0.05V offset on Ultra High LLC. It keeps my CPU at about 1.344V under full load which is the same load voltage.
    i7 3770k - p8z77-v pro - 4x4gb - gtx680 - vertex 4 256gb - ax750
    i5 3570k - z77-pro3 - 2x4gb - arc-1231ml - 12x2tb wdgp r6 - cx400
    heatware

Xtreme Mentor
    Ok, so I went from the Rampage 3 Formula to the Deluxe and tried installing the AI suite. I had the one for the Rampage already on there thinking it would just upgrade it, but it did not. I tried to unistall it, but I get the error message that my 2500K is not supported. Is there a way to uninstall without doing a fresh build so I can reinstall the one for the Deluxe?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bito View Post
    I've tried EZFLASH; Bupdater from DOS and Windows update utility. All will not allow you to fallback to previous bios.
    If there is a way, i would appreciate someone posting the info here. This is for the P8P67 series boards.
    It seems that with 1253 the hardware version has been increased for at least P8P67 evo, pro, saber and standard while deluxe remains unchanged. I'm guessing this means those with updated HW versions can not simply downgrade as the deluxe can.

Not sure why there was no warning of this unless it's a bug in which case if the next official release is with the original hardware version then you may not be able to upgrade easily either.

Unless there is an override switch, options would appear to be to try and find a 3rd party flasher or remove the chip and program externally. IMHO best though if Asus can offer some feedback as to why they did this and hopefully offer some sort of solution if required.

Sorry about the pic of bupdater.exe, it's what was available at the time and I was to lazy too find/make something better.

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm considering to get a ASUS P8P67-M PRO for a compact build.

The big border seams to be doing good, but I'm wondering if there is a big difference between BIOSes (or other important factors impacting 24/7 OC) for ASUS P8P67-M PRO vs ASUS P8P67 PRO?.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS 1305)
    2600K @4.5GHz 1.27v , 1 hour Prime
    Silver Arrow , push/pull
    2x2GB Crucial 1066MHz CL7 ECC @1600MHz CL9 1.51v
    GTX560 GB OC @910/2400 0.987v
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 400MB RAMDisk
    CM Storm Scout + Corsair HX 1000W
    +
    EVGA SR-2 , A50
    2 x Xeon X5650 @3.86GHz(203x19) 1.20v
    Megahalem + Silver Arrow , push/pull
    3x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7 + 3x4GB G.SKILL Trident 1600 CL7 = 18GB @1624 7-8-7-20 1.65v
    XFX GTX 295 @650/1200/1402
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 2GB RAMDisk
    SilverStone Fortress FT01 + Corsair AX 1200W

SLC
    Just in case some people are not aware, the 1253 bios does not like the PC being put to sleep. Mine refused to wake up and then refused to post until I removed the battery from the mobo for a few minutes to wipe CMOS... That sure was annoying.

Xtreme Addict
    ASUS Maximus IV Extreme BIOS 0950
    Changelog:
    - Fixed Memory ratio sometimes not changing bug
    - Fixed XMP + OC Load profile bug
    - Adds Memory Bandwidth Turbo for performance improvement
    - Fixed Wrong Target CPU Speed shown after Clear CMOS
    MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-0950.ROM

Quote Originally Posted by One_Hertz View Post
    Just in case some people are not aware, the 1253 bios does not like the PC being put to sleep. Mine refused to wake up and then refused to post until I removed the battery from the mobo for a few minutes to wipe CMOS... That sure was annoying.
    If you are using the PLL Overvoltage feature, it is a known bug. Disabling PLL Overvoltage normally lets sleep start working again, depending on overclock level.
    Asus P8P67 Pro BIOS 1253
    i7-2600k @ 4.5 @ 1.3V
    Thermalright Venomous-X w/GT @ 1450
    8 GB (2 x 4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    Corsair 750HX

So can we expect to see a new bios for the WS Revolution any time soon?
    My Rig: i7 2600k|GB P67AA-UD7|8GB Patriot Xtreme 2000Mhz|2 x GTX 570|120GB SSD+3TB's|Dell U2711|ATCS 840 + HX-1000 + Xonar D2X
    Cooling: EK Supreme HF|MCP-355 w/EK Res|TFC 360+XSPC 240

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooti3 View Post
    So can we expect to see a new bios for the WS Revolution any time soon?
    I also Need this BIOS !!

www.ocaholic.ch

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast