Thread: Serious Throughput Issue with DX58SO2 and Kingston Hyper-X SSDs in raid0 (Help!)

Darkwand

Serious Throughput Issue with DX58SO2 and Kingston Hyper-X SSDs in raid0 (Help!)

so guys, here is my quandry: I just bought 2 of the 120G Hyper-x SSDs, and I have the Intel DX58SO2 mobo. There is a long thread that I read on the Intel forums about how the SATA 3 ports on my mobo are only connected to a PCIe x1 lane. Meaning, when I raid0 the 2 drives, no matter what I do, I only get a speed that caps out at about 425M/s because the lane is saturated and locked at 5G/s per mobo design. How do I get around this???? I have looked around at Newegg and Amazon, and there doesn't seem to be a worthwhile RAID controlled card for under $500!! Did I just have the bad luck of buying the wrong mobo??!!?? This is *really* bothering me; I just spent $500 on the set of drives, and I really want to get the 800-1000M/s numbers that several people have been posting in other areas of these forums...Help!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No can't do. Buy a new raidcontroler or a new mobo, but for that you should have to go for P67 cause they are the only ones with native sata3 ATM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.