I’m not sure which section this should be in but if I have posted in the wrong section please move it for me?

Hello everyone I’m new to this section but not to XS. After having used a phase cooler for a few days I thought I would drop by and ask some questions. In hindsight I probably should have asked these questions before I bought a phase cooler though. For what it’s worth I did check into the size and capacity I would need along with reading posts about the builders recommended by the people here in this section.

First question:

What could I expect as to the average life span for a good single stage phase cooler (300w load) at 15/20 hours a week average use?

Second question:

How many here that build and sell these units offer any kind of a warranty? If so what’s the terms of your warranty and who pays shipping during the warranty?

Third question:

As a builder/seller if you do repair your own builds do you normally try to make the repairs in a reasonable amount of time? Do you also try to keep the buyer informed as to the progress of the repairs, return shipping date and then provide a tracking number for the return shipping?

Last question:

If it needs repair and the builder doesn’t, won’t or is no longer around to repair it, what then? Do I have a standard air conditioning guy repair and charge it with standard refrigerant? If so what kind of temps could I expect with this type of refrigerant? I don’t work on them and I don’t know anyone locally that uses some of these different refrigerants you guys use... I did check locally but not extensively.

From what little experience I have had I think that when a phase cooler is working right it is a handy tool to have on the bench but when it stops working there is the potential of a sizable gray area as to what happens next.