Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions for the builder/sellers

XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldtimer View Post
    Thanks Dumo, nice to hear from you. Have you had any trouble with you old phase changers? How old are they anyway?
    My LS since '04 and FX55 all the way to 2600K now She used to travel with me, benching in hotel rooms across the country
    The Mach GT stock I borrowed from friend not long ago. Both still working flawlessly
    Last edited by Dumo; 01-20-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    My LS since '04 and FX55 all the way to 2600K now She used to travel with me, benching in hotel rooms across the country
    The Mach GT stock I borrowed from friend not long ago. Both still working flawlessly
    I don’t know what the normal life span for those may be but I would say that was money well spent. So no recharging or any repair on them over the years? Now this is sounding more like some of my old refrigerators and freezers I’ve had over the years. I replaced them because I wanted something up to date but rarely because they broke down.

BTW, at what temp does it hold the 2600K under load and what were the clocks?

Xtreme Member
    I bought a cascade that had a leak on the 2nd stage. It cost about $130 in shipping 1 way the builder piad return shipping. I got it back in about 3 weeks and the gauges were bent and the 1st stage gauge was broken. I suspect it was wrapped a little too tightly with shrinkwrap. I really wanted a new pristine unit as it was costly, but I just cant justify more shipping costs or risk more damage. I hope everything works out better in your case.
    AMD Phenom II 1090T,
    4gb mushkin ridgebacks pc1600ddr3, 65gb Patriot ssd, saphire 5970 asus 5870 trifire, 1600W psu. windows 7 professional 64 bit, phase cooling

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by closeracing View Post
    I bought a cascade that had a leak on the 2nd stage. It cost about $130 in shipping 1 way the builder piad return shipping. I got it back in about 3 weeks and the gauges were bent and the 1st stage gauge was broken. I suspect it was wrapped a little too tightly with shrinkwrap. I really wanted a new pristine unit as it was costly, but I just cant justify more shipping costs or risk more damage. I hope everything works out better in your case.
    Sorry to hear you had some trouble with your cascade. What’s the weight of your cascade, they look heavy? I’d like to have a two stage cascade but my benching budget was stretched very thin, well downright busted, buying the SS. Maybe sometime in the future I can save enough money to buy a two stage?

I’ve not laid my hand on a cascade but from the pictures I’ve seen it would think safe shipping could be a problem unless they were crated very well. Does your cascade work or has the broken gauge caused a leak?:

Good luck with yours. Judging by the UPS track my SS should be here sometime Monday afternoon so I’ll start testing with it Tuesday.

Admin
    Take pictures of how it's packaged so we can see it.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=theoldtimer;4716476]Sorry to hear you had some trouble with your cascade. What’s the weight of your cascade, they look heavy? I’d like to have a two stage cascade but my benching budget was stretched very thin, well downright busted, buying the SS. Maybe sometime in the future I can save enough money to buy a two stage?

I’ve not laid my hand on a cascade but from the pictures I’ve seen it would think safe shipping could be a problem unless they were crated very well. Does your cascade work or has the broken gauge caused a leak?:

It was in a very big, very sturdy crate secured to the bottom with insulation all around it. There is enough room on every side that nothing could have come in contact with it without crushing the crate, and the crate is fine. I dont think it's leaking, but I've noticed decreased performance that is hopefully due to cold ambient temperatures. Ron is sending me a fan/pressure switch that will hopefully fix it if that's the problem.
    AMD Phenom II 1090T,
    4gb mushkin ridgebacks pc1600ddr3, 65gb Patriot ssd, saphire 5970 asus 5870 trifire, 1600W psu. windows 7 professional 64 bit, phase cooling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12