Thread: Artifacts at stock speeds and voltage on gtx 580

Xtreme Member

Artifacts at stock speeds and voltage on gtx 580

I've recently been getting artifacts on screen (quite noticeably at times) with my gtx 580. The problem was getting worse, to the point where Just Cause 2 became unplayable because it'd crash after about 5 minutes. It appears artifacts start appearing at 68c, and things quickly get bad from there. (Ive gotten the checkerboard pattern once so far)

I decided to try another PCI-E x16 slot, same thing happens. Another thing to note is that this card has been unable to complete a single GPUGRID task since I've had it.

tl;dr: Artifacts while playing games, artifacts detected in EVGA OC scanner, switching PCI-E slots did nothing, appears artifacts show at 68c or beyond. Switching drivers has no effect, including a full removal. RMA time?

The PC I'm referring to is the first in my sig, and I believe an 875w power supply is plenty to support the system.

Xtreme Addict
    Given you've tried everything reasonable, I'm going with RMA time. A bummer for sure but what can you do. EVGA don't put up too much fuss fortunately. Shipping from Canada isn't the quickest so you may be without a card for a while, I've replaced a motherboard and a gpu and each took roughly 3 weeks before I had the replacement product ( cross shipping only is available to the folks to our south which suckzors )
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i