Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New Koolance *Dual DDC* Bay Reservoir! (RP-402X2)

Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post
    Our serial connector is now available for this product. There's a bonus acrylic piece included for the lower reservoir that will improve flow performance further. These are likely to run out of stock shortly, but we'll have more by next Monday.

Tim
    Super nice! Will be placing a huge order in April. Waiting for GTX 590 launch n now.

I am Xtreme
    Our tester just realized the pictures we have on our site for the connecting nozzles aren't correct. If you use the optional internal acrylic bypass, the connecting bridge should be on the lower ports ("P1 [IN]" and "P2 [OUT]"), not on the top ports. We've added a note below the original image.
    Last edited by Koolance; 03-22-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Editing web pictures

I am Xtreme
    RP-402X2 was recently updated to Rev1.1. There are a few changes:

1. Rearranged LED locations/qty/angle for better illumination (this was also done with RP-452X2 Rev1.1).
    2. Moved pumps inward to allow enough room for Koolance HTS-PMP400 heat sinks.
    3. Cleared more acetal around the pumps to allow DDC versions with feet to fit (without chopping them off).

The original pictures were updated for Rev1.1. The pump movement ALSO means a different connecting pipe is needed for Rev1.1.

Tim

I am Xtreme

1. Rearranged LED locations/qty/angle for better illumination (this was also done with RP-452X2 Rev1.1).
    3. Cleared more acetal around the pumps to allow DDC versions with feet to fit (without chopping them off).

The original pictures were updated for Rev1.1. The pump movement ALSO means a different connecting pipe is needed for Rev1.1.

Tim
    Of course this happens like 2 days after I ordered my RP-402X2 I even have two HTS-PMP400's laying around that I would have liked to use.

Xtreme Batrachian
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Of course this happens like 2 days after I ordered my RP-402X2 I even have two HTS-PMP400's laying around that I would have liked to use.
    Bought mine on Friday as well... FFS

Don't know what to do now... Keep it? Return it for a refund? ARGH!

I have a HTS-PMP400 too

EDIT:

NVM, can't be arsed.
    Last edited by MrToad; 04-11-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

I am Xtreme
    If you purchased an item from our website, our return period is 30 days. If the product was purchased from another company, you would be subject to their return policy.

Tim

Xtreme Enthusiast

Tim
    Good to see you took all our considerations and made an awesome revision!! Thanks tim for your hard work on this.
    If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig
    you know you're addicted to watercooling when:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoff312 View Post
    You started with a $200-400 budget and have ended up spending over $1000-2000

Chasing After Diety

That is now my MOST EXPENSIVE EQ i have in the entire system.
    70 x 2 for pumps... 140 + 35 x 2 for the heat sinks = 70 = 210 dollars just on the pumps!
    Then you can add the Bay Res price!

They take some patience bleeding tho.
    If your used to tube res's be prepared for a new experience..
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 04-12-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Batrachian
    If you purchased an item from our website, our return period is 30 days. If the product was purchased from another company, you would be subject to their return policy.

Tim
    Thanks for the reply Tim

I could return it to the reseller but... What happens to the res if I do that?

Can the reseller return it to you and then you can do something with it?

Or is just down to the reseller to either flog it, use it or put it in the bin? (so to speak)

I had nothing but good service and help from Tom @ ChilledPC, and I have no ill will towards you guys either, and I feel I'm screwing either or both of you over and letting a good piece of engineering go to waste if it's the latter?

If the product was faulty I'd host no doubts whatsoever but it's perfectly fit for purpose... It just happens to be prematurely EOL because you've released a revised version...

EDIT: I had a word with Tom and we reached an agreement on the subject So it seems I'll be using my HTS-PMP400s after all
    Last edited by MrToad; 04-13-2011 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Addict
    I have a small question.

Can this fit 2x Swiftech MCP655.
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANP !!! View Post
    I have a small question.

Can this fit 2x Swiftech MCP655.
    No they have a different verson, link to page.http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=2025

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by m_jones_ View Post
    No they have a different verson, link to page.http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=2025
    Thank you
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by ANP !!! View Post
    Thank you

the left one is the 452, which takes the D5.

The right one is the 402 which takes the DDC.

They are not cross compatible.. meaning u can not take 1 pump and mount it in the other.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post

the left one is the 452, which takes the D5.

The right one is the 402 which takes the DDC.

They are not cross compatible.. meaning u can not take 1 pump and mount it in the other.
    Sounds great, thanks, I have been waiting for them to get in stock. Along with a EK FC block for GTX560 so I can SLI them. Wait is always bad .

Edit: they seem to be stock at Koolance's store. Any ideas when the EK or Koolance fullcover block for GTX560 be out ??
    Last edited by ANP !!!; 04-13-2011 at 01:29 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Is this correct if I have the lower insert installed? I think one of my pumps was DOA but the other one would only run dry. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to prime.

Chasing After Diety
    Is this correct if I have the lower insert installed? I think one of my pumps was DOA but the other one would only run dry. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to prime.
    because you probably have the acrylic insert preventing the pump which has access to the res missing.

Remember what i said in another post.

When u have the acrylic insert as per say in koolance's description, the pump on the right side is your drawing pump.

This pump pushes water to the left side.

If the right side pump can not push water to the left side, then the pump will not purge.

I am Xtreme
    Installed a different pair of pumps. Still having serious issues bleeding this thing. The air bubbles just get recycled through the loop over and over again. Almost my entire loop looks like one big cyclone.

Chasing After Diety
    Installed a different pair of pumps. Still having serious issues bleeding this thing. The air bubbles just get recycled through the loop over and over again. Almost my entire loop looks like one big cyclone.
    mmm.... no t-line method like i recommenced?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    mmm.... no t-line method like i recommenced?
    This is for a bling rig. No way I am going to install some ugly t-line in it.

Chasing After Diety
    This is for a bling rig. No way I am going to install some ugly t-line in it.
    then u need to extend a long fill line... once bleed, remove it..

So attach a barb in the corner.. and about 2 feet in tubing.. and start filling.

Yes its PAINFUL... but it will bleed over time.

I am Xtreme
    I got it bleed eventually. It was a complete pain in the ass though. There are still a bunch of bubbles stuck to the front of the res, but at least there is no longer any major bubbles in the loop.

Chasing After Diety
    I got it bleed eventually. It was a complete pain in the ass though. There are still a bunch of bubbles stuck to the front of the res, but at least there is no longer any major bubbles in the loop.
    those take up to a couple of days to get rid of.. lol..

its a PAIN.. i can totally understand ya..

but once setup, its fully functional, and it does add nice bling.

I am Xtreme
    Can I ask what you did to get it to bleed? Just tipping/burping, or letting it run for longer at whatever pump speeds?

Tim

Chasing After Diety
    Well i just did a gpu addition on the loop with the bay res.

And i really recommend the Tline route if your gonna add it.

So far it took about 15 min to quiet down... and i think it will be almost fully bleed.

Xtreme Member
    Just a thought, what if you were to use QDC's with the tline so you could bleed the loop then remove the tline and have a QDC in its place (should be lower profile, right?)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast