Thread: Bfg

Xtreme Enthusiast

Bfg

I did not realize that BFG had went out of business until the Nvidia guy told me my warranty was no longer valid since BFG was done. Has anyone else had this issue and solved it? I just bought this 260GTX card and now it doesn't work and I have no warranty...sort of pisses me off...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

I am Xtreme
    BFG Tech Sending Out RMA Denial Letters
    They can't help you any more.
    Try to repair it by yourself, perhaps consider baking it in the oven... Not sure what your card's problem is.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think EVGA was offering RMA and product service support on a number of BFG products. Likely the later model units sold before the end of production.

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Xtreme Enthusiast
    it just flat out died. I thought it was my MB and bought a new MB, but then had the same issue. So, I started swapping RAM..made it to the GC and realized that was the problem..but, alas, I am stuck with it..I will check into EVGA..thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    I was in the same boat with a BFG 8800gts so I did this:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ight=baked+gpu
    and now it works like new again!
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I sent an email EVGA's RMA person. I will see what they say and then go from there - nothing like the smell of baking electronics...

thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by relttem View Post
    I sent an email EVGA's RMA person. I will see what they say and then go from there - nothing like the smell of baking electronics...

thanks
    I've had about a 50% success rate with baking. All things considered, I'd say that's not bad. Baked a Gigabyte AM2+ mobo last night. Just don't have an extra AM2+ CPU to test it out with...

Keep us updated man.

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I actually have two dead GTX 260 cards. I will try both when I get them back from CES..maybe in a few weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I tried the bakeout on the BFG and it is still dead. I think my problem is more of a blown cap, since it seems to be drawing too much current or is grounding out. But, I have another card to try to tonite..see how that turns out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by relttem View Post
    I tried the bakeout on the BFG and it is still dead. I think my problem is more of a blown cap, since it seems to be drawing too much current or is grounding out. But, I have another card to try to tonite..see how that turns out.
    Is the cap possible to replace? May try doing that

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would have to test them all. The ASUS guys told me something was grounding out due to the problem I was having..that was when I originally thought it was my MB. So, now I believe the GC is grounding out somehow. It just all of the sudden decided to start doing it. But, it is now going to the recycling depo..damnit all. Thanks BFG for that lifetime warranty. I didn't even have this card a year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    no luck with my other Nvidia. What is interesting about this is that the computer will still turn on..just no video, whereas with the BFG I couldn't even get it to turn on. So, I might take the one that lets the computer turn on and see if SLI will work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook