Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Laing DDC pump repair PCB mod

I am Xtreme
    This is everything that comes in the envelope. So uh where does everything go?

If the completed PCB's are going to be on sale soon I might as well not attempt to (and likely destroy) to do the soldering myself. Hopefully he will have versions available capable of more than 12V.

Xtreme Addict
    No more sanyo pcb + ddc anymore? I was going to buy one. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    No more sanyo pcb + ddc anymore? I was going to buy one. =(
    Why? It says "more than 10 available" on Ebay

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Why? It says "more than 10 available" on Ebay
    not with the modified sanyo pcb preinstalled =(

does http://cgi.ebay.com/Laing-DDC-water-...4#ht_914wt_932 work on ddc 3.1 blue impeller too?
    Last edited by Boogerlad; 02-28-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    not with the modified sanyo pcb preinstalled =(
    How about this?
    does http://cgi.ebay.com/Laing-DDC-water-...4#ht_914wt_932 work on ddc 3.1 blue impeller too?
    Why not...
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

DDC3.x copper coil wire has larger diameter and the location is different than DDC2 and DDC1.
    Only the Toshiba TB6588FG can use, and also need to extend the copper coil wire to the location which is designed for DDC2/1.
    The DDC3 10W and 18W has the same copper coil wire diameter. The speed is depend on the copper coil wire diameter, so they will run at the same speed. And it's near 30W, the maximum current rating of Toshiba TB6588FG

I am Xtreme
    So is there still plans to release a pre soldered board using the Toshiba chip?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuTnicK View Post
    How about this?

Why not...
    I'd gladdly pay extra money if the pcb was already soldered onto the ddc pump. I just don't have the time to solder it myself.

I am Xtreme
    I'd gladdly pay extra money if the pcb was already soldered onto the ddc pump. I just don't have the time to solder it myself.
    I hear that. Not just the time but the tools or know-how. Reflowing isn't exactly an easy solder job.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    So is there still plans to release a pre soldered board using the Toshiba chip?
    LINK

I am Xtreme
    Only $5 more! Ordered....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wizard1238
    I suspect you are the man behind those DDC repair kits or very close to its production.

We need some clarification on whether this kit is suitable for DDC3.x pump repair. The coil wire length problem can be easily solved. But is there something else that should be taken into consideration?
    There are some reports that this "blue" kit does not work with DDC3.x pumps - controller get burned or even if it works, the overheat safety feature restarts the pumps every 3 sec. Not sure what revision it was, the first one or the second one (with pre-soldered elements).
    Last edited by SpuTnicK; 03-12-2011 at 02:43 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard1238 View Post
    According to the datasheet, the Toshiba controller IC is 50V maximum. For higher than 12V operation, the power stabilization capactior 22uf and 0.1uf voltage rating need to increase. For higher than 30V operation, the Schottky Diode voltage rating need to increase as well.
    Can you tell me there this needs to be soldered on to the PCB?

Quote Originally Posted by SpuTnicK View Post
    wizard1238
    I suspect you are the man behind those DDC repair kits or very close to its production.

We need some clarification on whether this kit is suitable for DDC3.x pump repair. The coil wire length problem can be easily solved. But is there something else that should be taken into consideration?
    There are some reports that this "blue" kit does not work with DDC3.x pumps - controller get burned or even if it works, the overheat safety feature restarts the pumps every 3 sec. Not sure what revision it was, the first one or the second one (with pre-soldered elements).
    this board is designed for the black and purple rotor DDC1/DDC2, use in the blue rotor DDC3 is left for diyer to play The extended wire may have chance to short circuit the board, it should be very careful. When using with blue rotor DDC3.x and stock top at full speed, the current is about 2.1A, it's still within the safety limit of this chip(1.5A typ. 2.5A max) Use with aftermarket top is 2.35A, I would recommend connect a resistor between VSP and Vref to reduce the current.
    1. if the pump restarts every 3 sec, most likely the TB6588FG need to be resolder it cannot read the feedback signal from the coil. it's very common.
    2. the toshiba burn immediately if the leg short circuit/bridging due to soldering problem. remember to wear safety glass, the chip can explode when connecting power. Page 8 of this document have the information, it is available in english but only can found in toshiba japan web.
    http://www.semicon.toshiba.co.jp/doc..._en_090317.pdf
    Last edited by wizard1238; 03-12-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Can you tell me there this needs to be soldered on to the PCB?
    There are many things to consider when mod the board, the official datasheet and circuit is available at the toshiba semiconductor web site for xtreme modder to enjoy.

Xtreme Member
    Interesting. From the pictures I thought you would have to solder the surface mount ic as well which seemed insane.

i have a burnt pump that ide like to repair but the soldered tips look as if they are on the inner side (towards the center) of the pcb. Will this kit work with this version pump? Could i use this (Laing DDC pump 18W repair kit SMT soldered MCP355) also?

edit: just checked model

Type: DDC-1plus T
    DC 12V 18W TF 60
    Last edited by glide 1; 03-13-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Found this video on disassembling of DDC pumps with that compensator expansion chamber that are apparently the same ones sold by diyinhk:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqaiiC27PB8

instaled 10w board with blue impeller
    but not with stock top
    on 12v pump starts and then some of phases shuts down(i think the toshiba ic just overheating)
    on 5v pump works and bottom of the pump is quet hot.
    Core i5 2600k 4.7 1.375v Ek supreme hf
    2*4096 corsairs 2000mhz 1.55v
    P8p67 pro
    Ocz vertex 2 64gb
    Samsung 2tb f4 (dual sillent hd)
    Seasonic x-750
    Lg 47ld4500 47" s-ips 5ms
    Gaiward phantom gtx 570(ek vga supreme hf)
    Ddc 10w
    Watercool mora 3 1080 rad
    Phobya 150mm res

Xtreme Enthusiast
    cka3o4nuk
    any photo or video or both would be great!

Xtreme Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1238 View Post
    this board is designed for the black and purple rotor DDC1/DDC2, ...
    I know where an ample supply of DDC-1, DDC-1T pumps are available with the black impeller. The pumps are surplus "new", never used, never rejects with the 50,000K run life fully intact.

This would help anyone wanting to convert a pump from a 10W to the 30W powerhouse.
    Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump Maverick, BMaverick ... has a massive hoard of a Laing DDC pump stash

can anyone report back on here if they have had any success with these pcb's as a replacement? i have 2 of these pumps that ide like to DIY repair and would really like some feedback. - not into modding for better performance really, just want these running again. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by glide 1 View Post
    can anyone report back on here if they have had any success with these pcb's as a replacement? i have 2 of these pumps that ide like to DIY repair and would really like some feedback. - not into modding for better performance really, just want these running again. thanks in advance.
    of course it work, only depend on the diyer's skill
    there are 5 version before the blue one, many $$ in developing, is it too serious for this small diy product...
    actually, it work from the 1st version, but more idea come out one by one to improve...so...

Hi all,
    I don't understand if there's a PCB repair/mod kit (soldered) for my Laing DDC-1T 3.1 modded to 3.2 with blue impeller/rotor?

Those're my laing pics:

Thanks for answer
    PC: Liquid Cooling | i7 920@3.36 V1,05 | Asus P6T deluxe | Corsair 12GB | Corsair SSD F120 | ATI HD5750 | Plextor PX880SA | Corsair HX520W | NETGEAR DG834N | Notebook: Vaio FE21M | T7200 | 2GB | Hitachi 7K500 500GB | wi-fi 5300N | LCD: Samsung LE26R86 | Dell S2409W | Apple: iPhone 8GB V.3.1.3 | IEM: Westone UM-2 | DSLR: NIKON D7000 | 50 f1.4G | 16-85VR | 70-300VRII

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast