Thread: Intel Rapid Storage

Xtreme Member

Intel Rapid Storage

Hey guys,

I bought my p6t deluxe back when it first came out, since then i've only updated the bios and nothing else

i wanted to get an ssd and also use my hdd raid 0 setup, i understand that in order to get trim on the ssd with raid enabled, i need to have the newest drivers for ich10r

i downloaded the newest rapid storage and installed it, but it seems that this is software that allows me to monitor the array in windows

after i re-install my os, i would lose this update would i not?

how do i install this newer driver onto the motherboard itself and not through the os?
    2600k @ 4.5GHz || P8Z68V || 16GB Vengeance || 5850 || Crucial M4 || TJ-10BW || ST1000 || 2408WFP

Heat

Quote Originally Posted by ap4lifetn View Post
    Hey guys,

I bought my p6t deluxe back when it first came out, since then i've only updated the bios and nothing else

i wanted to get an ssd and also use my hdd raid 0 setup, i understand that in order to get trim on the ssd with raid enabled, i need to have the newest drivers for ich10r

i downloaded the newest rapid storage and installed it, but it seems that this is software that allows me to monitor the array in windows

after i re-install my os, i would lose this update would i not?

how do i install this newer driver onto the motherboard itself and not through the os?
    if you have an intel 80 G2 SSD just use intel ssd toolbox and will let you run trim from there no problems

i have a 3TB raid of samsungs BIOS ON RAID and boot on intel ssd
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Xtreme Member
    i am actually going to get a sf-1222 based ssd, is there a way i can update the firmware on the ich10r? that's basically what i want to do, i dont want to rely on a software update
    2600k @ 4.5GHz || P8Z68V || 16GB Vengeance || 5850 || Crucial M4 || TJ-10BW || ST1000 || 2408WFP

Heat