Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    F3d is latest.
    but F3B is the best for now.....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why? Because 200pts more in 01?

MBO Gigabyte P67-UD4-B3 // CPU Intel i5 2500k //
    GPU Gigabyte GTX470 // PSU Corsair TX650W //
    RAM 2*2GB Geil Black Dragon + 2*2GB Corsair DominatorGT // HDD WD 640GB + Seagate 250GB (410AS)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet92 View Post
    Why? Because 200pts more in 01?

hi guys, i have a problem with my motherboard, before I had a msi p67a-GD65 stable there, I could do 5ghz with 1.52v load voltage.

With gigabyte p67a-ud4-b3 is owiele different situation, the processor will not even make a stable 4.7ghz or 4.5 ghz tried różnich voltage up to 1.55v but it does not help, and also different settings for the same thing all the time do not have a stable system, I tried BIOSs all F2 through F3D and there is no difference: (

It is worth to wait for another BIOS? or sell the album and buy something better, because frankly głłówna plate looks great, but her performance is wasted

thanks in advance

Xtreme Addict
    Turn on Loadline Calibration.
    Turn on PLL Override.
    Disable all power saving states C1E C3, C6, EIST, in BIOS.
    Try toggling multiplier control by OS to disabled/enabled if disabled doesn't work.

Set vcore to 1.56v at 5 ghz.

That MSI board was not using 1.52v, it was probably around 1.55v at 5 ghz. That board overvolts pretty heavily with droop control, if I recall.

as I said none of the settings are not stable for me, and I wonder if this wine BIOS or the motherboard

msi file was then vdroop is not, I measured all the digital meter reading was 100% real

msi performance: 4.7GHz / 1.37V (bios) / 1.4V load DMM - 100% stable

gigabyte performance: 4.59GHz / 1.415V (bios) / Load 1.392V - not stable

Last edited by kuziu; 04-02-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Have you tried messing with the RAM Settings?
    Sounds more like a RAM issue and not a CPU issue. CPU wouldn't be that unstable just from a board change, unless some of the phases weren't functioning.

Set your RAM to 1333 mhz or try manual timings. I think you'll get it stable. Ther's a chance you have a defective board, but this seems like RAM flaking out.

What's the HIGHEST CPU settings that are stable on the UD4 and what's the lowest vcore that will run at those settings?

There's no such thing as a 2500k that can't be stable at 4.5 ghz, so something else is at fault, here.

I have G. Skill Memory 3GB DDR3 1600MHz Pi-CL8 Black, the remains of the X58 platform

I do not know whether to blame just the memory, because the same configuration for MSI to work smoothly, but it's ok now check all the settings associated with the Ram, but I doubt it would help because I always get a BSOD related to the CPU voltage

I will write later if there is any improvement

EDT:

ok, but the drawback was the ram, set to auto, and the system runs stably overclocked to 4.7ghz, but strangely that the system crashes and memory errors are the x58 chipset on MSI have not had

SCREEN:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6941/47ghz.jpg
    Last edited by kuziu; 04-03-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    One of the things you learn from the socket 775 days is that certain boards just hate certain RAM sticks. Usually have to get a BIOS update, but 1.65v RAM isn't "officially" supported on P67 platform. If the old X58 RAM works, then that's great, and alot of the stuff does work. But the DDR specs are supposed to be something like 1.41(?)-1.59v, and its still unknown if running RAM at 1.65v will have longterm consequences or not.
    Last edited by Falkentyne; 04-03-2011 at 03:35 AM.

that is, the motherboard is fine?

just change the memory to another? although strange because the msi p67a GD65 do what normally stable, and here no longer want with the same frequency

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kuziu View Post
    that is, the motherboard is fine?

just change the memory to another? although strange because the msi p67a GD65 do what normally stable, and here no longer want with the same frequency
    please made this:

flash F3B bios with @bios

pull memory modules on slot 2 and 4

reset to default bios

restart and first of all load the xmp profile.

after in cpu advanced, disable all and enable only: all core/ht/pll internal overvoltage/x50 multiplier

go into voltage section and enable load line calibration and set cpu v-core to 1.54v

restart and tell me how run...

Now even 4.7ghz is not stable again

5GHz voltage 1.57vi tried the same thing all the time gets BSOD 0x124 or 0x101, and vCore does not help, I checked in the configuration memory of 2,3,4 and 2.4, still the same problem.

I'm going back to MSI, a much better performance and overclocking

Xtreme Addict

I'm going back to MSI, a much better performance
    please explain....

Last edited by kuziu; 04-03-2011 at 10:49 AM.

I am Xtreme
    tehre shoudl be no difference in performance, lol. the boards should be ocing the same. Might even wanna give it a shot with turbo, and extend your TDP/TDC values.

gigabyte is very weak, I applied the settings like the others, or one that was as far as overclocking performance, and here it is not already in use program which is better MSI, Gigabyte 3D weak in counting so to speak, the board only works well with Auto OC, or by a program ET6 and overclocking to 4.1GHZ

Xtreme Addict
    @^ = already try F3d ?

Yes. F3D worst for me, the graphics card works all the time at x8 instead of x16, I even tried to 1.6V voltage to 5 GHz, but none of that, the motherboard is not suitable for strong overclocking, better exercise, and MSI has a better performance in 3D programs

EDIT:
    you test, gigabyte in last place in overclocking the CPU, the same voltage reaches 5.1GHz MSI, Gigabyte barely 4.8GHz

As you can see a colossal difference, the test has been used the same CPU and the voltage to 1.5V

All states know that mobo too weak for a stable overclock over 4.8GHz processor

http://www.benchmark.pl/testy_i_rece...ona/13283.html
    Last edited by kuziu; 04-04-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Xtreme Legend
    i would seriously question reviewers ability to overclock if he had a 400MHz difference in overclocking the same chip across different boards (assuming he used PLL overvoltage option on all of them). makes no sense at all, if he concluded 100Mhz difference I can see that otherwise there is something seriously wrong with his methodology and ability to OC
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Yes. F3D worst for me, the graphics card works all the time at x8 instead of x16, I even tried to 1.6V voltage to 5 GHz, but none of that, the motherboard is not suitable for strong overclocking, better exercise, and MSI has a better performance in 3D programs

EDIT:
    you test, gigabyte in last place in overclocking the CPU, the same voltage reaches 5.1GHz MSI, Gigabyte barely 4.8GHz

As you can see a colossal difference, the test has been used the same CPU and the voltage to 1.5V

All states know that mobo too weak for a stable overclock over 4.8GHz processor

http://www.benchmark.pl/testy_i_rece...ona/13283.html
    WAIT just a minute O_o.
    Graphics card at X8 instead of X16 is a classic symptom of flashing the bios WITHOUT clearing the CMOS afterwards.

Happened to me on a B2 version of the UD5 when I didn't clear CMOS after flashing...

BTW: I did some research on the MSI board.
    Do you realize that the MSI board OVERVOLTS by as much as 0.06v with their version of loadline calibration?

Set your gigabyte board to LoadLine Calibration level 2, please.
    THEN compare. I don't even think the GB board overvolts that much!

And for cripes sake, clear the CMOS after flashing bios !!

And oh yeah...that review is using B2 stepping boards. UD4 has horrible vdroop on B2 bioses. And UD5 overvolts on LLC1 about 0.05v. And those are idle voltages being shown, too. No wonder their clocks are all over the place....
    Last edited by Falkentyne; 04-04-2011 at 01:26 AM.

MSI does not need such a large voltage, 1.5V set in BIOS is 1.47v idle and 1.51v load Everything I measured a digital multimeter

Gigabyte has been rather over-voltage set to 1.45V in the BIOS, and the program shows 1.44v idle and 1.42v load, and it really is more than 1.45v as measured Bullet forum, proved that the programs underestimate the reality is more than the value set in the BIOS

Xtreme Addict
    MSI does not need such a large voltage, 1.5V set in BIOS is 1.47v idle and 1.51v load Everything I measured a digital multimeter

Gigabyte has been rather over-voltage set to 1.45V in the BIOS, and the program shows 1.44v idle and 1.42v load, and it really is more than 1.45v as measured Bullet forum, proved that the programs underestimate the reality is more than the value set in the BIOS
    Ok thats interesting. So MSI is undervolting then from sensor....I just saw a post from someone saying their MSI board (GD45 I think?) was running at 1.32 idle and 1.38 load cpuz....

Anyway clear the cmos and see if your card is at X16 again.
    I still think it's a RAM problem with your board or maybe you have a bad board. Most people I've seen in forums say the Gigabyte boards clock slightly higher than MSI series...so there is a compatibility issue with your system.

You don't have any 1.5v RAM to test?

Ok clearing the bios with the rail PCIex helped

Now the second thing to Apply settings to overclock the bus again, runs at x8 (

on the auto setting works well, now testing 4.8 GHz F3D, voltage 1.5V bios, or is the same under load?

Is 1.47v under load is real? because I already do not know whether to trust the program ET6.

Please help even the CPU setting, so that it operates 100% of the well and not undercutting the computing power

RAM memory as long as others do not have, but I wonder whether or not it would have helped, because the MSI worked very well, such a statement

VTT voltage setting of 1.1V, a lot of help in my case, 4.8GHz and 15 minutes Linx goes well

Please help even the CPU setting

bios screen

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8858/001sgn.jpg
    http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8736/006qa.jpg

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I dont know what's your cooling, but running test after test after test with 1.6v and I bet high temps you might as well have degraded your chip.

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast