Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Sandy Bridge OC Guide + P67A-UD7 Performance Review

Xtreme Addict
    Great job mate, very well done.

I'll have one shortly, but now I worry about cold bug. I was hoping sub zero would help with these SB chips but it seems cb getting more worse than better.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme Member
    Is there an easytune version that works?

Xtreme Legend
    just download latest version from website
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    That's what I am using, have you confirmed it works?

Xtreme Legend
    im using it yes

whats not working for you?
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Member
    Multi switch in the os. Ud7

Xtreme Member
    Holy shiat , your sig is hilarious and soo true...

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steponz View Post
    Multi switch in the os. Ud7
    sorry that function isnt working yet, ive emailed software guys to sort it out
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
    Great job mate, very well done.

I'll have one shortly, but now I worry about cold bug. I was hoping sub zero would help with these SB chips but it seems cb getting more worse than better.
    Hey how are you, it seems with retail chips which are all D2 stepping right now, that you don't need to worry about the cold bug as much, some people are having sucess with SS i read that you ahve to let the processor sit for a tiny bit under the cold, but I am sure those same guys went through racks of CPUs to find one without a severve cold bug.

Xtreme Addict
    Cool, I am picking up a CPU this evening so Ill post what stepping I get and what happens with sub zero.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme Addict
    Yah D2, got batch L040B165
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

I am Xtreme
    yea all retail are D2. Hmm you know i went to my local microcenter and they had one 2600K left with that batch #, it was the only one and it wasn't listed on their site.

Xtreme Addict
    Interesting, I wonder how it will be. Excellent Im sure.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

I am Xtreme
    yea hopefully.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    this is why i love forum reviews... this is the best review ive read in a long time... and way better than any website review of 1155 ive seen
    i dont agree on the value part, thats a REALLY hefty price, but the board seems to be pretty polished off so you get what you pay for...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    this is why i love forum reviews... this is the best review ive read in a long time... and way better than any website review of 1155 ive seen
    i dont agree on the value part, thats a REALLY hefty price, but the board seems to be pretty polished off so you get what you pay for...
    Hey thanks man! I know what you are talking about $330 is kind of a lot for a LGA1155 board, but I thought really hard about competition, and how much money actually was spent and the features there. This board would be priced much cheaper without the NF200 chip, and similar boards such as the M4E are in the same price range. Plus if you look at other Gigabyte boards with 24 phase power you do pay a pretty hefty price for the X58A-UD9 and X58A-UD7 rev 1.0. If this was a X58 board it would most likely be priced over $400, but since this is LGA 1155 mainstream market, I feel as if the pricing while is a bit high for a mainstream product, isn't that bad for all the features you get. The pure IC count is huge as well which goes into that calculation.

Xtreme Guru
    I can tell you guys I was through almost all the big and tall and low 1156 boards and the boards that were the best were some of the cheapest. The gigabyte H55N-USB3 and the H55-UD2h and the biostar TH55Xe were all wolves in sheeps clothing. they clocked higher than boards 3 times the price.
    I am curious to know what the next gen equivalent is.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    I can tell you guys I was through almost all the big and tall and low 1156 boards and the boards that were the best were some of the cheapest. The gigabyte H55N-USB3 and the H55-UD2h and the biostar TH55Xe were all wolves in sheeps clothing. they clocked higher than boards 3 times the price.
    I am curious to know what the next gen equivalent is.
    Answer: TP67XE

I just exchanged my GA-P67A-UD4 for the Biostar TP67XE. Great board and price. Very solid. I love the BIOS too, at least it can do AHCI. ;-)
    I7-3930K @ 4.8Ghz (1.35) / R4E / 16GB Samsung LV @ 2133 (1.38V) / Crucial M4 128GB / Caviar Black 1TB / HD6850 / Corsair AX850 / MCP355->RX360->SR1-360->XSPC Raystorm->EK-R4E-LE / DD Double-Wide Horizontal

nice review... keep em coming..

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotd8 View Post
    Answer: TP67XE

I just exchanged my GA-P67A-UD4 for the Biostar TP67XE. Great board and price. Very solid. I love the BIOS too, at least it can do AHCI. ;-)
    What do you mean you can do AHCI? lol, i do AHCI with my UD7.

yes i saw that the H55 boards were pretty amazing OCers, but that was when blck actually mattered, there wasn't only multiplier change, now OCing is all in the CPU except for power delivery.

Whoa! That is a sweet write up! Thanks.

I am Xtreme
    Thank YOU! Without my readers(like YOU) I wouldn't write!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    Thank YOU! Without my readers(like YOU) I wouldn't write!
    I just wanted to let you know that your review was the main reason I bought my Gigabyte P67-UD7 from NewEgg (was so torn between the UD7 and Maximus IV Extreme) and my 2600k from Microcenter.

I've been using a Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 w/ Core 2 Extreme QX6800 (ES), 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer Blue PC-12800/1600 7-7-7-24-1T, Nvidia GTX285, Coolermaster Real Power Pro 1000w, 2x Velociraptor 300GB Raid-0, 2x 1.5TB Seagate 7200, 2x WD Black 1TB in CoolerMaster ATCS 840 case for the past 2 years now and your review on the UD7 and 2600k basically made me go ahead with my SandyBridge purchase.

If I get to 4.5 or 4.6Ghz, I'll be more than happy but if I can hit 5.0Ghz 24/7 rock-hard stable, I think I'll have puppies!

I am Xtreme
    i think you will be happy

Thanks a lot for the guide Sin0822, nice one!

My UD4-B3 (along with a 2600K and a Kingston KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX kit) is arriving next Wednesday.

I intend to achieve 4.5GHz on the CPU and 1600MHz RAM speed with timings of 9-9-9-27. Nothing special I guess. Please confirm whether my theory is right:

What I want to do is the following:

CPU Multiplier: 45x
    Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS: Disabled
    Intel Turbo Boost Tech: Disabled
    All CPU cores: Enabled
    HT: Enabled (yes I want it ON)
    C1E; C3/C6; CPU Thermal M.; CPU EIST Function; BI-Directional PROCHOT - all disabled
    CPU Vcore will be adjusted automatically if SVID works properly, right? So Vcore will most probably be 1.37. I read that the 2600K can do 4.5GHz @ 1.25V. So after the board has set the vcore automatically I may want to set it at 1.25V-1.3V. Correct?

LLC: This one worries me a bit. Some say disable it some say set it to lvl 1, 2 etc. Since I'm a bit worried about over-volting my CPU I might disable it but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do.

Internal CPU PLL: Same here. Should I enable or disable it?

Memory Frequency: 1600MHz
    DRAM Voltage: 1.5V
    Timings: set manually according to Kingston

My 8GB kit is rated at 1.65V but I hope it will manage 1600MHz at 1.5V. (timings set to whatever is on the label on the heat spreader)

Thank you very much indeed!

Cheers,
    Last edited by FL00D; 03-20-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast