Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coolgate Rads

Xtreme Member

Coolgate Rads

I am Xtreme
    Just went up tonight so I'm gonna guess that no one has a review on them yet. . .and they weren't there when I looked about 9:30ish PM EST.

Judging by some basic design features, it looks like these may be Fester's cast off x-changer series with some tweaks to avoid "legal problems".
    Last edited by Waterlogged; 01-07-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Guru
    7 FPI looks promising.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks like a cross between Phobya G-Changer with the 4 in/outlets and a swiftech mcr with the chambers

Never go full retard
    I have one in my bag for testing, but I am still at CES. I have two radiators in front of the Cool gate for testing though, but we'll see how quickly I can turn tests around once I get back home and in my normal work schedule again.

They look pretty good though, matte black, 6-32 tapped mounts, 4 barb ports on the tank with a fill/drain port on the bottom. 90% copper tubes with copper fins. Very interested in seeing how the Coolgate perfoms!

Xtreme Guru
    I almost wanted to write that they seemingly do not have 4x120 model in that line though, but then i saw that listed aswell on their site, no 140mm models though. Overall, nothing innovative, probably yet another good rad. Weren't Feser admirals to be available ages ago? I don't expect much from them, but well, they Are different

They will perform exactly the same as every other radiator with a similar amount of cooling surface area (XSPC RX, XSPC RS, MCRs, SR1s, PA/TA... you get the idea).

Xtreme Member
    These have a 3 year warranty too.

So, with 4-ports one can have two loops sharing on RAD maybe? Or have one loop with 2 Y-splitters with GPU route and CPU route going back the RAD in the loop.

This has me thinking a whole bunch now. The two loops with one RAD would need a pump for each route. The Y-splitter would be one pump enrouted for the loop.

Thanks for the posting. It will be nice to see a review and how loops are routed in various configurations.
    Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump Maverick, BMaverick ... has a massive hoard of a Laing DDC pump stash

Xtreme Enthusiast
    just for info

from http://coolgate.net/
    Last edited by SpuTnicK; 01-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Not Yours!
    Got three Coolgate 360 up and running on my SR-2 rig since last weekend
    Temps and flow seems good

Getting som test equipment next week and will do some testing then.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaverick View Post
    These have a 3 year warranty too.

So, with 4-ports one can have two loops sharing on RAD maybe? Or have one loop with 2 Y-splitters with GPU route and CPU route going back the RAD in the loop.

This has me thinking a whole bunch now. The two loops with one RAD would need a pump for each route. The Y-splitter would be one pump enrouted for the loop.

Thanks for the posting. It will be nice to see a review and how loops are routed in various configurations.
    Your just talking about parallel loops there. Your probably not going to see any huge performance differences, but it may help in running some cleaner looking loops.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Banned
    I will wait for test result from skinnee first and then deside to buy, but they seem to be good due to 90% copper tubes

Every time I see this I think of toothpaste.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Check out Coolgate web-site.
    It looks like there will be 140-series rad produced too. Moreover, there are sections for, waterblocks, pumps, reservoirs, etc.
    It is good to see another manufacturer ro produce all WC components.

And i don't think it is somewhat connected with FesTer.
    Besides, i think it is USA company not Europe.

Skinnee, any chance of pics of these rads?
    Last edited by SpuTnicK; 01-13-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Never go full retard
    @Sputnick - I started snapping shots of the three radiators I have last night, but ran out of steam. I'll finish them up tonight when I get home and post them up.

Speaking of 140mm radiators... how many of you are buying the 140mm vs. 120mm? Are you having trouble finding a case that actually fits a 140mm radiator? I'm just trying to gauge whether we need to add 140mm triples into our testing plans for 2011 or not.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm using 140mm when possible now. Might get a MM monster case so i can fit several king-sized 140mm rads (there are options for all 140mm radiator holes). For now i'm good with Lian Li (stock front and top positions for such radiators are good). Anyway the noise characteristic of the Thermalright 140mm fans is pleasing enough, with a good performance, so i made the jump.

(edit) and these coolgates look decent, good options, little hardware pieces given too which is a nice touch.

24/7 running quiet and nice

Never go full retard
    And you're able to fit them internally in a case? What cases natively support 140's?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    As i said, several Lian Li models (A7xF series at least, Tyr, probably more than that), the MM Ascension. Maybe more in other brands but i dont remember which.

24/7 running quiet and nice

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuTnicK View Post
    Check out Coolgate web-site.
    It looks like there will be 140-series rad produced too. Moreover, there are sections for, waterblocks, pumps, reservoirs, etc.
    It is good to see another manufacturer ro produce all WC components.

And i don't think it is somewhat connected with FesTer.
    Besides, i think it is USA company not Europe.

Skinnee, any chance of pics of these rads?
    Didn't say they were connected with them, merely stated that these may be tweaked versions of the X-Changer to avoid legal problems. Aside from Magicool Elegant, the X-changer is the only rad to use copper tubes, this and the general shape of the fan mounts lead me to believe what I've stated.

@skinnee
    As for the 140's, any chance of doing thermal testing with AP-15's as well as some very select 140's to see how well Martin's testing bears out?
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Guru
    skinnee: i'm guesstimating that 140mm rads to 120mm ones are used like 1:10. Hmm, or maybe less (imho best way to privately ask for statistics from some big LC shop). If 140mm rad testing addition will take humanhours from other tests, then maybe no need to hurry. Or you could test just one or two alongside 120mm analogues from same vendor/same rad line (almost all HWLabs rads comes to mind as they come in both flavors) - to get generic trends, as in how much their cooling capacity scales up/down - if it's some fixed ratio for both radlines tested (eg. SR1/GTX or GTS), one should be able to apply that ratio to almost all 120mm rad lines results for rough estimate of expected results. I expect scale up ratio being a little bit less then with rad area to area comparison, because of worse fan selection.

Never go full retard
    The LC shops are the ones telling me that 140's aren't selling anywhere near 120's, but I wanted to see what you all had to say on the matter. Me personally, I don't like the 140mm fan selection yet and do not see case manufacturers adopting the 140mm size in mass.

@WL - Not sure I am getting exactly what you mean... Test the 140's using 120mm fans with a 120 to 140 adapter? On a related topic, I am changing the new radiator procedure already, removing the San Aces and replacing with GT-4250's. Minimal retesting, and adding a few additional fan speeds. My goal is to get better scaling with the increase in fan rpm.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    @WL - Not sure I am getting exactly what you mean... Test the 140's using 120mm fans with a 120 to 140 adapter? On a related topic, I am changing the new radiator procedure already, removing the San Aces and replacing with GT-4250's. Minimal retesting, and adding a few additional fan speeds. My goal is to get better scaling with the increase in fan rpm.
    precisely what I mean. Martin's testing showed the AP-15 had a better noise/airflow ratio than any of the 140mm fan, so it'd be interesting to see what that equates to in temp/noise ratio.
    Circles SucQ!

Never go full retard

Yeah, I can do that. I don't plan on starting to test 140's until I am caught up with 120's anyhow, so there is some time for some new 140mm fans to come out as well.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post

Yeah, I can do that. I don't plan on starting to test 140's until I am caught up with 120's anyhow, so there is some time for some new 140mm fans to come out as well.

No hurry. . .I'm a slow adopter.
    Circles SucQ!

Never go full retard
    Slow doesn't come close to describing your adoption rate.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast