Thread: MCP655-b going to be enough?

I am Xtreme

MCP655-b going to be enough?

Swiftech Apogee XT for my CPU, EK FC5970 for my GPU(s). I'm running a TJ-09 so space is somewhat limited. I have a dual 120 rad up top and plan on adding a 2nd rad (single 120) on the back of the case. Do you guys think a single 655-b will suffice for this or will it be too much strain on it? I wasn't sure if adding a 2nd radiator was going to affect performance or not. I decided to go with a 2nd rad because I didn't think a dual 120 rad would be enough for my CPU/GPU :/

While on topic, I hear a lot of people talking about reservoirs but no one ever mentions the MCRES rev.2 anymore. Is this thing crappy? lol it's what I plan on using ._.

Thanks!

Xtreme Guru
    If you already have that pump, imho it will be enough. If you just plan to buy some pump, some DDC might be better choice both performance and smaller size wise. Adding rad should impact flow only little bit (rads usually are very unresistive compared to waterblocks).

Xtreme Guru
    Your pump is more than enough. Your main concern should be the rads an not the pump...
    Project ZEUS II

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV

Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity
    Powered by Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBar View Post
    Your pump is more than enough. Your main concern should be the rads an not the pump...
    As in, they might not be sufficient enough to cool my GPU/CPU? Or because it's 2, it might restrict flow too much? The problem is that unless I mod my case, I don't think I can easily fit a single 3x120rad in there. I'm not going for champion level OC's I'd be happy with 4.2-4.4 on my CPU 24/7.

This is the loop I had in mind...

Pump >> dual 120 rad >> GPU >> single 120 rad >> CPU >> reservoir

Xtreme Addict
    i was running a single D5 vario and MCR420+320 res and dtek v1. i eventually added an old d4 i found in my crap box and it honestly didnt flow much extra with dual pumps

Xtreme Guru
    The swifty micro res is old but still a great little res i've owned it but got sick of it coz everyone has the dam thing lol, Why dont you just go for 1 tripple rad and mount it on the back since your somewhat limited?? Preferably a Mcr320 would be your best choice..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    The swifty micro res is old but still a great little res i've owned it but got sick of it coz everyone has the dam thing lol, Why dont you just go for 1 tripple rad and mount it on the back since your somewhat limited?? Preferably a Mcr320 would be your best choice..
    Well mainly due to cost, but I'll have to explore that option I think. I was trying to keep everything in the case because of where my PC is, but I'm sure I can work things out.

Xtreme Guru
    Well i'd rather have one tripple then a few single's thats for sure, 1 tripple would yield better temps and mounting it outside would yield better temps also it would be closer to ambient's..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    You can fit a triple in most cases with a little modding...heck I got a triple and quad in mine

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love my MCP655-b, it still going strong 3+years later. I typically run it at almost the lowest setting through Swiftech MW60 VGA Block, Enzotech CPU block SCW-REV.A(prior was Apogee GT).
    HTPC - AMD Phenom II 555 Unlocked(4cores) - 4GB Gskill - AMD HD 5850 - Avermedia Duet - Harman Kardon avr247 - Surround Sound (Infinity Beta 50's, 10's, 360, and ed a2-300) - Samsung 46"

Desktop Powerhouse PC - Gathering dust due to high usage of HTPC as general pc now

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by 96redformula View Post
    I love my MCP655-b, it still going strong 3+years later. I typically run it at almost the lowest setting through Swiftech MW60 VGA Block, Enzotech CPU block SCW-REV.A(prior was Apogee GT).
    If it has the little red dial, it's not a 655-b. . .those are lock at speed setting 4 on the vario.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    If it has the little red dial, it's not a 655-b. . .those are lock at speed setting 4 on the vario.
    Yeah, red dial. I thought it was 655 B, thanks for the correction .
    HTPC - AMD Phenom II 555 Unlocked(4cores) - 4GB Gskill - AMD HD 5850 - Avermedia Duet - Harman Kardon avr247 - Surround Sound (Infinity Beta 50's, 10's, 360, and ed a2-300) - Samsung 46"

Desktop Powerhouse PC - Gathering dust due to high usage of HTPC as general pc now