Thread: It doesn't shut down properly, could be the hdd?

Xtreme Member

It doesn't shut down properly, could be the hdd?

Hello everyone.

I've been trying the last months to solve this but I couldn't.
    The problem is:
    A few months ago I installed a new hard drive (WD Green 1tb), I plugged it with the sata cable and the power cable from the psu. Untill here everything ok. But then every time I shut down my computer from windows (I have windows 7 professional), it doesnt shut down properly. What I mean is that... the fans still on, and the yellow light nest to the ram slots in my motheboard (DFI UT X58 T3eH8) still also on. And I certanly don't know if remains anything else working.
    The only way I can shut it off propery is by the power button in my case, which shut down windows properly and the whole system.

So what could it be?
    I already tried to format my computer and stalled all over again, I dont know if it is a matter of drivers (because even whitout any drivers installe I cant shut it off properly) and then the only drivers I installed were the matrix storage manager and the inf utility.

Also... I have the AHCI enable on my motherboard bios, and the first time all my hdd appear on the safe remove list. But that was untill I installed the matrix storage manager, I dont know if it changed something or what.

So... any ideas?
    I don't know if this kind of trhead belongs here or in the windows place, but I dont think is a driver matter or a OS matter.

Thanks!
    i7 2600k / G1. Sniper 2 / 8Gb Sniper 1600 / GTX 580 / 3.4Tb / AX1200 *Mod. / v2120 / Rheobus Extreme *Mod.

HF 14 Livingstone / Thermochill Pa 120.3 / Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250ml / MCP 355 + XSPC Laing DDC Acetal Top / Bitspower Matt Black Fittings Army / NoiseBlocker Blacksilent Fans

Xtreme Member
    no one?
    i7 2600k / G1. Sniper 2 / 8Gb Sniper 1600 / GTX 580 / 3.4Tb / AX1200 *Mod. / v2120 / Rheobus Extreme *Mod.

HF 14 Livingstone / Thermochill Pa 120.3 / Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250ml / MCP 355 + XSPC Laing DDC Acetal Top / Bitspower Matt Black Fittings Army / NoiseBlocker Blacksilent Fans

Xtreme Member
    does it power off properly with the 1tb hdd unplugged?

Xtreme Member
    No, it doesn't.

But I said that could be the hard drive because it started with it, but if I dont have it the problem remains..
    So I don't know.

Xtreme Member
    No more ideas?
    Please!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have the DFI Lanparty Jr. X58-T3H6. I don't know if you know this, but DFI has exited the motherboard business. I bought this board a little over 2 years ago and it worked great for a week. Then one day it wouldn't shutdown properly, and never has since. I've tried all sorts of things. I've tried reinstalling windows, bios updates, bios settings, and tried changing out the RAM, CPU and power supply just to be sure. I went searching with google and alot of people have complained about similar problems. Unfortunately, RMAing didn't seem to fix anything and nobody had an answer. Eventually I chose to use it as a cruncher because I didn't have to shut it down, but I've gotten so fed up with it when playing around with it without a video card installed that it now sits in a bag. I'm hoping to take a shotgun to it in the spring or something. It's pissed me off so much I wouldn't even wish it on my enemies. I've never hated a motherboard... until now.

The best advice I can give is to get a different board and save yourself alot of time and misery hoping you'll figure it out. Of course, if you do find a fix, feel free to share. WCG could always use another computer.