Thread: Alienware Sandy Bridges

Alienware Sandy Bridges

Anyone else looking forward to seeing Sandy Bridges on the mXXx platform of laptops? Hopefully it comes to the m11x...

Ryan Glovinsky
    Last edited by RySean; 01-02-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: adding name

Xtreme Member
    Am i being trolled By replying to this thread?... I'm not sure how to respond to you, what does this have to do with Alien ware !!! And where is the substance in this thread..

Ashraf !!! We need clean up in Aisle Hardware>Intel
    Qx9650 4052.9MHZ 1.32Vcore ON AIR
    1600 6-6-6-18 super talent(speed series) MGH-E hypers!
    WOOT!

Xtreme Member
    Yep, I am looking forward to it. Hopefully the R3 revision of the m11x will see some better sandy bridge based options, since the current offerings are severely lacking (C2D CULV and i3/i5/i7 ULV chips - even with OC+Throttlestop, it isn't enough, and comes at a slight cost to battery life that doesn't seem to affect similar laptops with a normal mobile CPU + a powerful mobile GPU).

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by OCBalmang View Post
    Am i being trolled By replying to this thread?... I'm not sure how to respond to you, what does this have to do with Alien ware !!! And where is the substance in this thread..

Ashraf !!! We need clean up in Aisle Hardware>Intel

Weird thread.

Xtreme Member
    i agree, thats the weirdest post i have seen here.

must be a desperate dell product eng. trying to pitch the idea of sandybridge and its low V consumption, being that their current Alienware Mxx R2 laptops are getting refurbished left n right with psu/mobo and lots of other issues that people dont seem to know.

alienware = kiddie toy
    xtreme systems = big boy knowledge and pockets for kiddie toys

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RySean View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to seeing Sandy Bridges on the mXXx platform of laptops? Hopefully it comes to the m11x...

Ryan Glovinsky
    i know a girl she was a QA @ Dell Tennessee.
    she doesnt know anything about computers, she is just cute and she
    tells me that to perform her QC they give her a template (workorder) for the
    build run and she makes sure things match in windows
    and that like in most places.......some people dont even know enough english to properly read their work/build instructions.

yeah there is some technical people, but *get the drift*

Lol, sorry, it is a weird thread. No, I don't work for Dell. I'm new to the site, and I am very much into tech, although usually I stick around BrightSideOfNews, Anandtech, and Tomshardware. I know there was an opportunity to get a press badge for CES if I registered as a blogger with a post on the site, but since I'm new I just came up with something on the spot. I legitimately do want to see what they can do with Sandy Bridges on a platform as small as the m11x though. Sorry if anyone saw this as a troll post.
    Last edited by RySean; 01-06-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Btw, thanks jeremyshaw for giving a legitimate reply, and not bashing my (admittedly random as balls) post.

I agree that Alienware is extremely overpriced in general, but I can't really complain about that, considering I'm typing this on a Macbook (never again). However, I tend to prefer a laptop in an 11-14 inch range, but most within that range have nothing better than integrated gfx. I consider the R1 of the m11x to be pretty ty, I didn't love the mobile C2Ds. I liked it more with the core i's, but from benchmarks so far, it looks like Sandy Bridge will bring pretty big performance increases, at least on the desktop, and hopefully mobile platforms too. The HD 3000 gfx are a huge improvement over the Arrandale integrated gfx, so when paired with Optimus or AMD switchable graphics, it should do pretty well for video or non-gaming activities.
    ASRock X58 Extreme
    i7-920 @ 3.2 Ghz
    Noctua U12P SE2
    3x2 GB Kingston HyperX 1600c8
    HD 6950 flashed to 6970 Spec
    2x60 GB (RAID 0) OCZ Agility SSD
    1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000W
    CoolerMaster HAF 932
    Hanns.G HG281DPB 28"
    Logitech G9x
    Logitech G110
    Sennheiser HD 555

Xtreme Member
    Well, for 14in, there is the Acer 4820TG with i5m and 5650m. Also 3820TG with same specs, 13in.

I'm hoping for a m13x to be announced at CES. With the m11x becomming slimmer and having Fusion. But I dream a lot...

I've had problems with Acer before as far as quality of product goes. Lenovo has some 14 inch options with discrete graphics though. I agree that an m13x would be a good addition to the lineup. Idk about Fusion on the m11x though... For the last couple of years, AMD has been pretty underwhelming. We'll see if Bulldozer and Fusion turns it around for them.
    ASRock X58 Extreme
    i7-920 @ 3.2 Ghz
    Noctua U12P SE2
    CoolerMaster HAF 932
    Hanns.G HG281DPB 28"
    Logitech G9x
    Logitech G110
    Sennheiser HD 555

Xtreme Member
    well, I've been looking at the Fusion previews, and it seems rather promising (the low end). If the m11x was made smaller, it could really help :p As it is, it's kinda.... large for a netbook. Then again, so it my n10j (got it before my m11xR2) :p

Though Dellianware would probably settle for no less than llano on the m11x, lol.....

Yeah, it's at the high end of what qualifies as a netbook in terms of size, but you're right, they want to market it as a gaming laptop, they'll stick to more powerful processors, I'd be surprised if they switch to AMD all of a sudden though.
    ASRock X58 Extreme
    i7-920 @ 3.2 Ghz
    Noctua U12P SE2
    CoolerMaster HAF 932
    Hanns.G HG281DPB 28"
    Logitech G9x
    Logitech G110