Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rapid Restarts?

Xtreme Addict
    Flashed BIOS and all seems to be well. I've got the sticks running at 1600 6-8-6-24-78. I'd like the trfc to be lowered significantly, but thanks to Johnny87au and Splave, I've got my rated speeds working. MemTest ran twice with these speeds and timings and passed without error. The only thing wrong now is that I need to put a piece of duct tape over the OC Genie button... freakin' still underclocks or fails epically.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Guru
    CanYouSayGG? , glad you got it working mate!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    Well it's been working without a hitch for awhile... Until I started doing some CPU overclocking. I think it's just a coincidence that I was overclocking, but the water level started dropping. I checked every fitting, but the leak turned out being on the opposite side of the Mcp 355 outlet. Pump kaput? O-ring need replacing? Simple tightening of a screw?
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Banned
    Pictures please...

Xtreme Addict
    I removed the pump from the loop and I'll start up a res>pump>res loop to see if it leaks after taking apart and reassembling the pump/res.

Here's the pic, matari

I'm pointing at the part where it's leaking from... it's the back right corner.
    Last edited by ScottALot; 01-23-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Well, I found the problem. If you look at the reservoir, it kinda looks like a cube on top of thicker acrylic. The two pieces aren't actually together, they're sorta glued together (cheap)... and that's where the leak was.

Xtreme Addict
    Well I got a replacement res from XSPC and a adhesive pad from Swiftech (thanks!!). I'll be reassembling pretty soon and hopefully I don't blow anything else overclocking...

On another note, has anyone had to deal with a wet adhesive pad? They're nasty...

Xtreme Addict
    Omfg F*** WATER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTR0s...&feature=feedu

I must be the worst water-cooler on this forum... I don't see anyone else having these many problems.

Xtreme 3D Team
    It seemed you left the pump was still running much long after it ran out of water from the leak (?)
    Smile

I am Xtreme
    Scott, I know your very frustrated right now but you need to take and start fresh tomorrow. When you start again, check for the o-ring between the top and pump. Don't keep running it like that or you'll risk shorting the pump and releasing the magic smoke. That noise from the pump is likely the top hitting the impeller, it can be fixed by shifting the top around or changing the orientation of the bottom.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    It seemed you left the pump was still running much long after it ran out of water from the leak (?)
    You might need to rephrase that unless you're saying I'm running the pump dry... which I'm not, there's a good amount of water in the reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Scott, I know your very frustrated right now but you need to take and start fresh tomorrow. When you start again, check for the o-ring between the top and pump. Don't keep running it like that or you'll risk shorting the pump and releasing the magic smoke. That noise from the pump is likely the top hitting the impeller, it can be fixed by shifting the top around or changing the orientation of the bottom.
    Sorry you got the wrong idea from my WTF OMFG post. I was trying to be funny. I have weird humor. Well... I was so sure I put the o-ring in there, but I did decide to sleep on it. I woke up and stepped on the o-ring.

Also, the pump isn't running dry, my camera just makes it look like that and the sound that the air coming back into the reservoir from the leak makes that impeller sound.

I am Xtreme
    No, I was actually listening to your voice in the vid, it's just oozing frustration. I've had times like that, that have made me question WTF I was doing too, everybody does in this hobby at some point.

Good to see you solved the leak. Are you saying the air getting sucked in was making that noise?
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Addict
    No, I was actually listening to your voice in the vid, it's just oozing frustration. I've had times like that, that have made me question WTF I was doing too, everybody does in this hobby at some point.
    I always sound a little like that... I could walk into DisneyLand and sound as emotionless as Keanu Reeves.

Good to see you solved the leak. Are you saying the air getting sucked in was making that noise?
    Yeah the air making its way past the lack-of-o-ring made that sound as it got caught in the pump. I was only able to connect the sound and the air by watching the pattern of bubbles and sound.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123