Thread: Need help finishing WC rig.

Xtreme Member

Need help finishing WC rig.

I guys.

I'm finishing my WC rig, the components are this:

EK Supreme HF Full Nickle Rev 2.0
    2xBitspower Compression fittings 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD.
    Aquarium pump
    Custom radiator (similar to a car's radiator)

Now, I was planing use the same liquid that I used for my car's radiator. The liquid comes in green color and I was planing add a little of water for not use it pure.

After a lot of advices from other users say me that isn't a good idea, that always is better distilled or De-ionized Water and a 99.99% pure silver coil/kill coil.

I can buy distiller water in my country, but the silver coil is pretty difficult to find here. What happen if I don't use it? Do I need something more?
    SAINT19

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.". Albert Einstein.
    Max overclock archived, 1090T @ 6.5GHz

Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3.8GHz and NB @ 3000MHz both with 1.325V on BIOS
    Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 Rev. 2.0 with F4 BIOS
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 8-8-8-21-1T
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
    Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD + Hitachi 2x500GB HDD
    EK Supreme HF Full Nickel + MCP655-D5 + MCR320-QP

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saint19 View Post
    I guys.

I'm finishing my WC rig, the components are this:

EK Supreme HF Full Nickle Rev 2.0
    2xBitspower Compression fittings 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD.
    Aquarium pump
    Custom radiator (similar to a car's radiator)

Now, I was planing use the same liquid that I used for my car's radiator. The liquid comes in green color and I was planing add a little of water for not use it pure.

After a lot of advices from other users say me that isn't a good idea, that always is better distilled or De-ionized Water and a 99.99% pure silver coil/kill coil.

I can buy distiller water in my country, but the silver coil is pretty difficult to find here. What happen if I don't use it? Do I need something more?
    Curious, what country is that? Also if you only use distilled water then after a while of use your water will become undistilled as all distilled water eventually does. However in a closed system its not that rapid, 6-12 months if everything goes smoothly. The silver coils and additives that people add to the distilled water is to prevent organisms from growing in the distilled water. Copper (as most system are filled with) kills a bunch of the nasty things, but silver is used to keep the others in check.

I recommend just ordering the silver kill coils online, http://www.petrastechshop.com/sikibyia.html

I have one of those in each of my loops, and I also put some additive as well just to be sure, but no dyes or color changers, don't want clogs. Which your car radiator fluid might do even diluted.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=23352 I'm not sure if this is the "best" but I have feser radiators and their warranty required its use, now I hear they are done with radiators so meh.
    Famous Quote from a Random Friend,"You can't spell Success without Excess."

0.o wait... you are using Liquid Awesome? I told you to not melt down Michael Bay!

Xtreme Member
    Find a jeweller, ask them for some fine silver, they should have some, or be able to advise you where to get some in your area.

Xtreme Cruncher
    If nothing else you should be able to find some silver wire on Ebay. If you plan on changing water regularly I don't think it's too terribly important though, and if you're using a res you can always just add it later.

I'm almost always available on Steam to chat. Same username.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFang300 View Post
    Curious, what country is that? Also if you only use distilled water then after a while of use your water will become undistilled as all distilled water eventually does. However in a closed system its not that rapid, 6-12 months if everything goes smoothly. The silver coils and additives that people add to the distilled water is to prevent organisms from growing in the distilled water. Copper (as most system are filled with) kills a bunch of the nasty things, but silver is used to keep the others in check.

I recommend just ordering the silver kill coils online, http://www.petrastechshop.com/sikibyia.html

I have one of those in each of my loops, and I also put some additive as well just to be sure, but no dyes or color changers, don't want clogs. Which your car radiator fluid might do even diluted.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=23352 I'm not sure if this is the "best" but I have feser radiators and their warranty required its use, now I hear they are done with radiators so meh.
    I'm from Colombia. So, the radiator fluid isn't a good idea.

I will try to order those components that you recommended, but just for curiosity. What happen if I don't use it o if only use the Silver coil?, my budget is limited and the International shipping cost me a lot.

Another question, the aquarium pump is a good idea? or is better get a different one, if that is the case, what pump do you recommend?. Not so expensive.
    Last edited by saint19; 12-28-2010 at 06:28 AM.
    SAINT19

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.". Albert Einstein.
    Max overclock archived, 1090T @ 6.5GHz

Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3.8GHz and NB @ 3000MHz both with 1.325V on BIOS
    Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 Rev. 2.0 with F4 BIOS
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 8-8-8-21-1T
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
    Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD + Hitachi 2x500GB HDD
    EK Supreme HF Full Nickel + MCP655-D5 + MCR320-QP

Xtreme Mentor
    check how those aquarium pump perform (some type is bad when using with PC WC System)
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K