Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vmods Archive Thread

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm.. do you know anywhere I could read about that Dirty_Punk VMEM mod? ie - details or some results? Don't like doing a mod on which there isn't much info about.
    i5 750 4.20GHz @ NH-D14 | 8GB | P7P55DLE | 8800U | Indilinx SSD + Samsung F3 | HAF922 + CM750W
    Past: Q6600 @ 3.60 E6400 @ 3.60 | E6300 @ 3.40 | O165 @ 2.90 | X2 4400+ @ 2.80 | X2 3800+ @ 2.70 | VE 3200+ @ 2.80 | WI 3200+ @ 2.75 | WI 3000+ no IHS @ 2.72 | TBB 1700+ @ 2.60 | XP-M 2500+ @ 2.63 | NC 2800+ @ 2.40 | AB 1.60GHz @ 2.60
    Quote Originally Posted by CompGeek
    The US is the only country that doesn't use [nuclear weapons] to terrorize other countries. The US is based on Christian values, unlike any other country in the world. Granted we are straying from our Christian heritage, but we still have a freedom aimed diplomatic stance.

Xtreme Mentor
    That wire going from the 5v rail that is labeled as the "Vdd Booster" is soldering to a choke. That also sends 5v into some of the pci pins that is that same circuit. Not sure if that makes a difference or not to be honest.

The Dirty Punk Vmem method is basically shoving the 3.3v rail into the Vdimm. So, whatever that is set at, that is what your mem will be getting.

As far as whether all slots get that same juice from the one pin, yes they will. All 3 dimms are connected via that pin. So, modding to that one pin will effectively mod all 3 slots.
    Last edited by Hell-Fire; 04-28-2004 at 03:40 PM.

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Xtreme Guru
    I appreciate your response, Hell-Fire.

Someone mentioned that if the Dirty_Punk VMEM is to be performed, the regular voltage source that feeds the memory should maybe be disabled. Is there a problem that may arise because of not disabling it?

What does the 5V mod on the VDD do to the VDD voltage? More stable, or increased somewhat?
    i5 750 4.20GHz @ NH-D14 | 8GB | P7P55DLE | 8800U | Indilinx SSD + Samsung F3 | HAF922 + CM750W
    Past: Q6600 @ 3.60 E6400 @ 3.60 | E6300 @ 3.40 | O165 @ 2.90 | X2 4400+ @ 2.80 | X2 3800+ @ 2.70 | VE 3200+ @ 2.80 | WI 3200+ @ 2.75 | WI 3000+ no IHS @ 2.72 | TBB 1700+ @ 2.60 | XP-M 2500+ @ 2.63 | NC 2800+ @ 2.40 | AB 1.60GHz @ 2.60
    Quote Originally Posted by CompGeek
    The US is the only country that doesn't use [nuclear weapons] to terrorize other countries. The US is based on Christian values, unlike any other country in the world. Granted we are straying from our Christian heritage, but we still have a freedom aimed diplomatic stance.

Xtreme Mentor
    Originally posted by IvanAndreevich

Someone mentioned that if the Dirty_Punk VMEM is to be performed, the regular voltage source that feeds the memory should maybe be disabled. Is there a problem that may arise because of not disabling it?

What does the 5V mod on the VDD do to the VDD voltage? More stable, or increased somewhat?
    My understanding is that it helps to keep any flux out of the Vdd....stablizies it.

Short answer, the 5v rail is ran thru that choke its connected to, and the choke "filters" or "chokes" that signal. Another short answer, it cleans it up so to speak. The same way that shielding on hard drive cables reduces EMI. It filters out spikes, etc etc from the alternating current coming from our psu.

Atleast thats my understanding of the reason we would run run the 5v rail into that choke.

I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Originally posted by IvanAndreevich
    my understanding is that u can do Dirty Punk's vdimm mod even if u had normal vdimm mod done before, without removing it. just set pot to max (if one has vdimm mod MBfaq's way) or min (if one has vdimm mod MickeyMouse's way). and then solder the wire...

uwackme says, that this mod is in conflict with vdimm mosfet so it may have some long-term consequences... but so far everything seems to be ok with it...

Xtreme Addict
    Here's some NF7 sheeet from Tictac's site... I haven't asked Tictac if I can post this but I doubt he minds
    Abit NF7/S : Vbt/Vtt Volt Mod
    ABIT NF7/S : Vdimm Mod
    ABIT NF7/S : Voltage Reading Points
    ABIT NF7/S : VDD Mod
    ________
    volcano digital
    Last edited by Rabbi_NZ; 01-18-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Does anybody know how to mod the ABIT DigiDice mobo - IS-50??

I cant find it anywere?

Shall i post some pictures so you can se where to sold?
    Jacob Hansen

Xtreme Mentor
    back on topic, my intarweb sleuthing has found me this: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/
    it has all the datasheets ull ever need and its free

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme Member
    What happened to 3dmaxx.net?
    BIOSTAR TP67B+ | RPP 750W
    Core i5-2500K @ 4.7 GHz | TRUE
    256GB Samsung 840 Pro | X-Fi Titanium
    16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X | Sapphire HD 7950 3L

Xtreme Mentor
    Originally posted by blinky
    back on topic, my intarweb sleuthing has found me this: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/
    it has all the datasheets ull ever need and its free
    Nice linky.

Hello to all,
    I have found this link for the Abit An7 Vdimm Mod:

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=759&s=1

Vdimm Mod

This is a guide to voltage modding your Abit AN7 memory voltage. Although it gives 3.2v maximum, some may crave more.

Look for the resistor R316 as shown below.

Unsolder the resistor. Replace it with a 800 to 1K ohms resistor. It can be an SMD resistor, a normal resistor or a variable resistor. Increasing the resistance increases the voltage, so 0 ohms means no increase. Take note that it will only go as high as the 3.3v rail. To get high voltage, you will need to mod your 3.3v rail as well.

...Bye.
    Last edited by ciacara; 05-27-2004 at 11:32 AM.
    M.Board: Abit-- AN7 / CPU: Barton 2500+@3200+ / Ram: A-Data DDR500 / VGA: Hercules 9800SE-AIW@9800Pro / HDD:2 MaxSata 120Gb / Master: Nec 2500A / Ali: 2 Ali 400W / Dissi: Aerocooler 7+ Case: BigTower Modded + Creativ FPS1000 / Dolby: Daewoo DivxV3016

Xtreme Lusitanian
    I didn't find any mod for the ABIT TH7-II.
    Can someone help me in there?
    Mother Tongue speaks to me in the strangest way I ever seen, I know she sees in me the proudest child ... virando costas ao mundo orgulhosamente sos, gloria antiga volta a nos" - MOONSPELL
    Who are you to criticize, to judge and burn the tribes, the world will be extinct and your flesh will rot with mine - SEPULTURA

XS WCG

Xtreme Mentor
    Can you post a thread in the Motherboards Sections versus here, and also include a pic of the board please??

Take pics of the area around the dimms, cpu socket, and agp port.

Xtreme Lusitanian
    thanks, as soon as I can I will do the photos, I can't do it right now, because the board is working, only in weekend I can do it, thanks for the reply
    Mother Tongue speaks to me in the strangest way I ever seen, I know she sees in me the proudest child ... virando costas ao mundo orgulhosamente sos, gloria antiga volta a nos" - MOONSPELL
    Who are you to criticize, to judge and burn the tribes, the world will be extinct and your flesh will rot with mine - SEPULTURA

XS WCG

Xtreme Lusitanian
    Originally posted by Hell-Fire
    Can you post a thread in the Motherboards Sections versus here, and also include a pic of the board please??

Take pics of the area around the dimms, cpu socket, and agp port.
    Meanwhile I found this link and this photo come along the review, but I didn't understood nothing of what I need to do, as soon I got some pics I will post it and then we talk, thanks very much.

btw, my board is non-RAID but I think it will not be a problem...

XS WCG

Has someone a vdd-mod for the abit an7?

Xtreme Mentor
    Can you post a pic of the area around the AGP port please?

Otherwise, see if there is an IC labeled LM358 just under the AGP port .

If so, its pin #4 to pin #6 with a 100K VR.

My understanding is that its the same IC used on the DFI board.

I wouldnt do the mod until someone gets a look at the board tho.

The main thing is what IC is there controlling the Vdd.

Yes,its the same IC.But the layout is a little different as the DFI !

The vdd mod with that 100k VR don`t work for the AN7 !
    I send pictures this evening.

the jedi master
    AOpen AK89max v mods..thanks to macci.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...943#post389943
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Member
    Hmmz, I have a 8rda3+ rev. 3.2 new in the box next to me, do you guys have some info about it..

I'll try some bh-5 on is asap... but then I'll need to remove my nf7-s but I'm out of sealstring and the current is more dust then sealstring :.

Something I find thats weird about it: I don't see Vcore mosfets on the board..??!!

Vdimm power stuff differs also from rev 2.xx and is also different than the 8rda+

I got rounded cables and a handy screwdriver and also 8 small heatsinks with heat conductive tape on it together with the board.. lol
    Venice 3500+ M @ 3ghz - Lanparty nf4 2 dimms dead - X800 - 512 Mb BH-5 - 1* WD360GD - 1*SP1213C - 1* Maxtor 6Y120L0

Cpu: Prommy chilled

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    this is the only pic I ever found for the Leadtek K8N Vdimm mod.

taken from this webpage.

http://www.oohashi.jp/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leadtek_k7n_vddr-mod.jpg 
Views:	1248 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	13541  

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Anyone try to find a vcore, vdd and vdimm mod for a Gigabyte GA7-VA with some good pics. Its my old card!!!

AMD Athlon XP 1.8Ghz@2.4Ghz & AMD Athlon 64 1.8Ghz@2.21Ghz
    Abit NF7-S | vdd 2.0v & vdimm 3.2v voltmod by 2PiZZa | Bios D23 3D-FIRE Reversion 2 by TicTak | Drivers Nforce Remix Rebirth 3.31a by Mwarhead's аnd 64 Chaintech Zenit ZNF3-250 vdimm 3.2
    Video 1: GeForce4 Ti4200 GPU350Mhz Ram650Mhz VGPU 1.88v & VDimm 2.9v
    Video 2: GeForce2 MX/MX400 GPU290 Ram190 VGPU 2.2v voltmod & biosmod by HeI*0DЯN
    Video 3: HIS ATI Radeon 9800PRO GPU650 RAM550 - VGPU2.8!!! mod by Ne|*odDяN
    Video 4: Axle nVidia GeForce 6800 *mhz/900mhz
    Video 5: Asus ax800pro 370mhz/1200mhz

Xtreme Mentor
    Post pics of the board please sir.

Nice Pic *lol

Mak pics with a digi-cam,around the nb ,agp and the Mosefets.

@Hell-Fire ->the pics from the AN7 ok?
    Last edited by magma; 06-29-2004 at 12:06 AM.

Link to K8V isn't working. Can somebody repost info about K8V vdimm mod?
    Abit AN8 Ultra| Venice 3000+ LBBLE 0520APMW w/XP90 | x800xl | Crucial -5B D (2G)| Sparkle 530W | Antec case
    ASUS K8V DLX | A64 3200+ w/stock cooler | 9700 pro | Kingston BH5 | Fortron 300W
    Albatron KX18D Pro Vdimm mod | xp2500m | SLK-900 SFII | Corsair Platinum BH5 | 9600 pro
    Heatware

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast