Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox 360 Watercooling Project 2010/2011

i hate to be the one to tell u this bro, i did the same thing ur doing, wasted all kinds of money, ran great for 1 year, then it RROD'd anyway, good luck but ur wasing it
    Mobo: Asus Rampage III Extreme<--new 1-1-11
    CPU:Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.3 Stable
    GPU(s):3x PNY Nvidia GTX 470's
    Cooling:3x Danger Den GTX470 GPU WB's OCZ HydraFlow CPU WB Thermaltake 12v Pump Swiftech GTX360 Rad, Danger Den Plexi Resevoir, Taigon 1/4 Tubing DangerDen 1/4 Barbed Fittings, And 2 Homedepot 90 Degree Fittings
    RAM:3x 2gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3
    HDs:Internals: 2x Intel 40gb SSD's in RAID0 1x(OS&Some Games) WD Caviar 1TB(Storage)1x WD Caviar 500gb(Game install storage)1x Seagate 320gb(Backup Storage)Externals:1x iOmega 1TB(Xbox360 ISO Storage)1x iOmega500TB(Movie Storage)1x WD 640gb(Movie/PC Game Storage)1x Seagate 2TB(Everything Storage)
    PSU:Tagan 1300W BZ Series(Bad Review but it works excellent and i got it for a steal)
    OS:Win7 64bit Xtreme edition(all clean Version best performance)
    Monitor:42" LG LED 240hz 3D TV

No need to be negative ... I'm sure the OP is aware that this is overkill for the 360, and is most likely doing this for the fun and experience of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSe7en View Post
    i hate to be the one to tell u this bro, i did the same thing ur doing, wasted all kinds of money, ran great for 1 year, then it RROD'd anyway, good luck but ur wasing it
    Thank you for your comment, but I have hardly invested money, because I the water cooling still lie has, as well as the Perspex parts. I have also not bought the fans .

Till present the project cost grad sometimes 70 euros for the box JTAG incl. JTAG Mod. Xbox is reballed.

It gives pleasure to pull something like that by and later can insert in the case the Xbox Slim if one really liked to change.

The case does not walk in the garbage if the Xbox has retired. There are still many other models.

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by shazza
    No need to be negative ... I'm sure the OP is aware that this is overkill for the 360, and is most likely doing this for the fun and experience of the project.
    Exactly, you say it.

Its extreme for Xtreme Systems

Xtreme Member
    I've enjoyed seeing the updates, so keep them comming. Next I'd like to see more mods on the PS3 (slim or original) as well as the Wii. Maybe a mod that puts them all in one cool looking/running case.
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.

If I have this Mod ready, I will alter a PS3 on water cooling. If a specially case becomes though, but this makes no difference. But first I will finish this Mod. Has got to me old with 40 gb hard disk from ebay.

Xtreme Member
    I've only seen a couple of PS3 water cooled mods, they are pretty rare. The PS3 (original and slim) and Wii both run cool enough that very few people considered doing it just for the fun of it. The 360 was thought to need it because of the heat issues, but its not the CPU/GPU that needs the cooling. It was the heat on the mobo and the way it was stressed out in the case that caused so many RRoD's, as well as a string of PSU issues. Thats why the "X" mod saved so many original and second edition 360's. But its still cool to see them get the water cooling makeover, as its a nice break from the look of the factory issued model.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you can do with a PS3. ^_^
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.

Yes this is right, does not give many PS3 mods with watercooling.

If we simply look sometimes.

I have sketched directly sometimes a window which I will purely cut today in the side part.

I am Xtreme
    This is a neat project that I'm waiting to see completed but I have 1 question.

Why isn't this in the build log section?
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

This pleases me to hear.

Has not seen the specially area for Worklogs and have bumped only late into it.

If a Mod can shift, otherwise, with pleasure.

Last edited by Case_Modder; 01-14-2011 at 03:23 AM.

The varnished side part

Here man will die hard disks later can see through

Keyboard for the Xbox 360

and of course then with fixture

The holder once to the changing room on the side part laid to look, as it works

and now an little gimmick

Little Update:

Now has made the cutting for the radiator on the ground.

Everything is already undercoated.

Xtreme Member
    Wow its first time hearing about watercooled xbox

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post

Agreed

Really?

Then I am glad the more you here has landed.

Also agree other.

So and now both Perspex records which I have got from the colleague.

One comes about the fans and the other I think about the lid of the case.

However, see yourself.

The cuttings is still made well-arranged.

Xtreme Member
    Really cool project, love the colour scheme! I've Got a flashed 360 HDMI sitting around I may very well do something similar, inspired!
    Last edited by ell; 01-18-2011 at 07:53 AM.
    Asus Rampage II Extreme | i7 920 @ 4ghz (1.4v 200 BCLK) | 6 Gig OCZ Reaper 1866mhz | MSI GTX 480 Tri-SLi | Intel X25-M | 5 WD 1TB in RAID0 | Thermaltake 1500watt ToughPower | Samsung SM305T |

EK Supreme | EK Mosfet Blocks | Koolance MB-ASR2E NB/SB Block | DRAM Block for MB-ASR2E | MCP355 | MCP355 | TFC XCHANGER Triple & Quad Radiators | Lian Li P80

A man who appreciates 2560x1600

Quote Originally Posted by Case_Modder View Post
    Thank you for your comment, but I have hardly invested money, because I the water cooling still lie has, as well as the Perspex parts. I have also not bought the fans .

Till present the project cost grad sometimes 70 euros for the box JTAG incl. JTAG Mod. Xbox is reballed.

It gives pleasure to pull something like that by and later can insert in the case the Xbox Slim if one really liked to change.

The case does not walk in the garbage if the Xbox has retired. There are still many other models.

Greetings

Exactly, you say it.

Its extreme for Xtreme Systems
    no no i wasnt trying to be negative, its great that your doing it, i mod xbox, ans i also repair and jtag them too, but one day i tried to setup a whole liquid system for it, and a year later it RROD'd anyway, your project is looking great, very clean looking so far, i cant wait to see it done
    Mobo: Asus Rampage III Extreme<--new 1-1-11
    CPU:Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.3 Stable
    GPU(s):3x PNY Nvidia GTX 470's
    Cooling:3x Danger Den GTX470 GPU WB's OCZ HydraFlow CPU WB Thermaltake 12v Pump Swiftech GTX360 Rad, Danger Den Plexi Resevoir, Taigon 1/4 Tubing DangerDen 1/4 Barbed Fittings, And 2 Homedepot 90 Degree Fittings
    RAM:3x 2gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3
    HDs:Internals: 2x Intel 40gb SSD's in RAID0 1x(OS&Some Games) WD Caviar 1TB(Storage)1x WD Caviar 500gb(Game install storage)1x Seagate 320gb(Backup Storage)Externals:1x iOmega 1TB(Xbox360 ISO Storage)1x iOmega500TB(Movie Storage)1x WD 640gb(Movie/PC Game Storage)1x Seagate 2TB(Everything Storage)
    PSU:Tagan 1300W BZ Series(Bad Review but it works excellent and i got it for a steal)
    OS:Win7 64bit Xtreme edition(all clean Version best performance)
    Monitor:42" LG LED 240hz 3D TV

This is perfect OK. I have already thought to me like you mean it. I will keep an eye on this anyway, the xenon is anyhow reballed, will look to me at this sometimes.

Some new pictures

This is not possible, because you can see the place in the window ... So i must think another method. I think i painted the PSU in white???

Last edited by Case_Modder; 01-18-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Now here pictures of the topical status:

Xtreme Member
    great work there. simply extreme

Moving to worklog section ...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSe7en View Post
    I 'spent' all kings of money and enjoyed every second of it, nothing quite like a dining room table strewn with parts, fittings, tubes and creative juices. Mine ran for 3-4 years and i just decommissioned it this weekend (still fully functional) because my gf bought me new design 360 from the company store (which i have to say runs a lot better than the old design - faster load times, quieter). To the OP - don't listen to the haters, its not always about the money or the end-result, have fun and go extreme.
    Last edited by Crankyhobo; 02-03-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    Current Worklog: vDarkness Previous Projects: X360:V1 * X360:V2

Xtreme Addict
    F***ing gorgeous man. Don't listen to the guys saying you're wasting money. If spending this much for the case and cooling wasn't a problem, buying a new Xbox shouldn't be a huge set-back. Plus, you've got the power of good looks on your side.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Moving to worklog section ...
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Crankyhobo View Post
    I 'spent' all kings of money and enjoyed every second of it, nothing quite like a dining room table strewn with parts, fittings, tubes and creative juices. Mine ran for 3-4 years and i just decommissioned it this weekend (still fully functional) because my gf bought me new design 360 from the company store (which i have to say runs a lot better than the old design - faster load times, quieter). To the OP - don't listen to the haters, its not always about the money or the end-result, have fun and go extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    F***ing gorgeous man. Don't listen to the guys saying you're wasting money. If spending this much for the case and cooling wasn't a problem, buying a new Xbox shouldn't be a huge set-back. Plus, you've got the power of good looks on your side.
    Most of the Parts are sponsoring products...

Now more updates and new impressions

I have already integrated the watercooling components and now i have order a hdmi cable for the xbox 360 mainboard.

The cooling water is feser lquid in neon green, i think that is the perfect colour for an xbox 360 mod

And now pictures:

Best regards

Xtreme Addict
    Looking great, GJ!
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Thank you Guy

Forwards I leave both tubes specially a little longer because I wanted to insert one more hard disk with suitable water cooler inside. After than i sleeve some cables and I will make the side parts and trim dark Perspex records and then insert. It probably becomes an inlay window. With light light-permeable and if the light is over, one is not able to look in the case. I think that looks good. I must varnish whole then still in complete silence, but in the next time i will ready the front.
    Last edited by Case_Modder; 03-11-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12