Thread: SPARKLE Calibre X460G 1GB Review'ed

SPARKLE Calibre X460G 1GB Review'ed

SPARKLE Computers have been around for quite a while but they were un-noticed. Recently they have started to pick up the pace with their Calibre X460G, X480G and X580G. Like wise they also announced a custom (not really) GTX580 yesterday.

They have also started making PSUs and they turned out to be pretty good.

I got hands on a Calibre X460G a couple of weeks ago, did a comparison of it with MSI GTX460 Cyclone 1GB and ASUS HD5850.

Anyhow, here are some outlines of my review, you can check out full review here.

Introduction:
    SPARKLE was established in 1982. SPARKLE is a company with endless energy, vitality and a management of unmatched wit and dedication. SPARKLE used to be an OEM, recently they started retailing. SPARKLE respects individualism, insists on highest quality, cares about the natural environment and serves its customers with highest regard. These principles have already penetrated into every corner of the company, motivating SPARKLE and its industry peers toward their leadership positions all the way into the next century.

These fans measure to be 92mm each. They are controlled by PWM signal and provide a total of 54CFM.

In the following picture, you can clearly see that this card occupies 3 slots. This might be a problem if you are planning to put two of these in SLi.

Inspecting the card carefully, you’ll notice that SPARKLE used a small metal heatsink that cools the VRM circuitry of the card. It is good to see a VRM heatsink present, some other manufacturers save a few cents here.

Finally, we found a GTX460 that’s overclocked out of box and performs really well. Even the reference GTX460 offers great price performance over its competitors and this overclocked version is a step ahead. With a small price premium you get a pretty noticeable boost in performance. SPARKLE Calibre X460G beats the MSI GTX460 Cyclone OC’ed version hands down.

SPARKLE really made this card a "Best Buy" by putting an aftermarket cooler on it that performs really well. Temperatures were way
    below safe limits, yes! Way below, during our testing and noise was not really noticeable.

Three slot design might be a problem for users willing to put this card is SLi but these days most motherboard manufacturers are designing boards in such a way that they can accommodate three slot cards in dual GPU configuration easily.

Last but not the least, this card costs 23,000PKR in Pakistan. All other factors and price of this card, make it a worthy deal. You’ll surely love this card a lot.
    After some days, i hit 1000MHz on this particular GTX460 with its stock air cooler, ran vantage and temps didnt go above 72C.

Now, recently i got hands on another Calibre X460G, so here are some SLi results:

For a complete detailed review, click here!

and dont forget to give your feedback.
    Last edited by AFQ; 12-16-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Xtreme Member
    xcellent afaq
    for a guy of ur age n origin ... its a marvelous review
    i think i will be followed by ur tons of fans ...
    xcellent
    keep it up
    [i7 920 @ 4.48Ghz TRU 120+MX3 || ASUS P6T || CHAINTECH 2x2GB 1800mhz 6-7-8-22 || SPARKLE 460GTX 1GB 905/1065/1810||SGATE 1TB+640GB||CORSAIR TX 750|| VX 2433 || CM 690 || NZXT FANCONTROLER ]

i7 920 @ 4.48Ghz+Tru120+Asus P6T
    I7 920 @ 3.9Ghz+stock+Intel DX58SO
    Q9550 @4Ghz (445x9)+Tru120+Giga p45
    Q6600@4Ghz (445x9)+Tru 120+Giga Ga p35ds3r n Asus Maximus 2
    E5200@4.2Ghz+Tru 120+Ga p35ds3r
    E6750@3.95Ghz+asus ss pro+Asus p5Kvm
    E4500@3.63Ghz+Asus SS+spro+Asus p5kvm

Join me on Pakistan's First Overclocking Forum

I am Xtreme
    nice job man