Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petra's Tech

I am Xtreme
    This Section Is "BUILDER RELATIONS" not to debate fans or make random commets from people not directly involved. This section is only for customers to work out problems with their builders.

Runmc,Riptide,Ryder all made posts recently, to paraphase, if YOUR NOT INVOLVED ZIP IT.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrzal View Post
    This Section Is "BUILDER RELATIONS" not to debate fans or make random commets from people not directly involved. This section is only for customers to work out problems with their builders.

Runmc,Riptide,Ryder all made posts recently, to paraphase, if YOUR NOT INVOLVED ZIP IT.
    Your right and this thread doesn't really belong in this section but where else to put it beside wamps?? That doesn't make sense either..
    This is one of those "gray area" threads..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Your right and this thread doesn't really belong in this section but where else to put it beside wamps?? That doesn't make sense either..
    This is one of those "gray area" threads..
    The thread is OK, it's just guys not directly involved making comments not related to builder /seller matters.

Maybe the section Topic should be renamed "Builder/Seller customer relations"

It does seem that once a customer starts a thread here about a builder or seller that matter gets resolved fairly quickly. I believe a lot of the problems in the past came about from the policy to keep "deals & pricing & problems" in PM. Being open benifits both sides & all other XS users.

Now I'll "ZIP IT" before I get Banned again.

Happy New Year to all XS members.
    Last edited by wdrzal; 01-01-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Xtreme Member
    a quick update, i sent gary one last email telling him that i would not bother him about my fan but would instead tell all my friends to stop shopping there

one day later he sent me an email apologizing for "getting behind" on his emails and sent me my fan

i am glad i got my fan, but it was just a few bucks, i was more concerned with their lack of communication, i had tried all the emails but would not get a response for weeks

truth be told i dont know how many emails they get per day, but to get behind emails for weeks when they only take 1 min to respond is a little unbelievable for me
    2600k @ 4.5GHz || P8Z68V || 16GB Vengeance || 5850 || Crucial M4 || TJ-10BW || ST1000 || 2408WFP

Heat

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by ap4lifetn View Post
    a quick update, i sent gary one last email telling him that i would not bother him about my fan but would instead tell all my friends to stop shopping there

one day later he sent me an email apologizing for "getting behind" on his emails and sent me my fan

i am glad i got my fan, but it was just a few bucks, i was more concerned with their lack of communication, i had tried all the emails but would not get a response for weeks

truth be told i dont know how many emails they get per day, but to get behind emails for weeks when they only take 1 min to respond is a little unbelievable for me
    glad everything worked out for you.
    it does shock me that noone that works there managed to get back to your email before now

when i said in my first post he seems to have been sick alot this year i'd say its been probably 5-6 times

Totally blown away by this! I had no idea that the business changed hands and managed to put an order in last week (All of the parts were basically a repeat from my past orders) then started looking around the site and was shocked as it looked like it hadn't been updated since Dec. I sent an email, no response and then began to wonder what was going on so I looked at reseller ratings and was shocked! I started searching for updates on the shop and found this thread! I hope i get my order!!
    Again I'm just shocked.
    I loved the same day service and could always depend on an email update from the moment the order was processed until it was out the door.

Most of my friends had no idea until I called and asked them if they knew!!

Thanks for making this post!
    Last edited by rebelranger; 02-19-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelranger View Post
    Totally blown away by this! I had no idea that the business changed hands and managed to put an order in last week (All of the parts were basically a repeat from my past orders) then started looking around the site and was shocked as it looked like it hadn't been updated since Dec. I sent an email, no response and then began to wonder what was going on so I looked at reseller ratings and was shocked! I started searching for updates on the shop and found this thread! I hope i get my order!!
    Again I'm just shocked.
    I loved the same day service and could always depend on an email update from the moment the order was processed until it was out the door.

Most of my friends had no idea until I called and asked them if they knew!!

Thanks for making this post!
    yeah its kinda obvious they haven't updated it. they could have atleast taken the server maitenance announcement down

What a reverse in direction for this site. I never had to wait for email responses at all. And I don't mean to bash Gary but I've had issues with SW before and of course had to deal with him being unable to give me a refund due to sickness and that was a few years back! So this feels so hauntingly familiar!

Xtreme Addict
    Not so long ago I sent an email to Petra's asking about international shipping and got a reply a short while after. (They didn't have international shipping setup so they directed me to Sidewinders instead.)

So with that in mind I'm sure your order will go through fine.

I did get a response stating that my order shipped yesterday. So I do hope the site gets updated and more attention is paid to it.

Non competes aren't enforceable in CA...so you know what to do.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by benniebeeker View Post
    based on what petra said above, they SHOULD be.... i can't imagine people counterfeiting fans... gimme a break...
    The counterfeiting IS why people always said to get them from Petra. There is a clear difference, I love my 8 mediums!

Work/Game System - ~24/7 WCG
    ASUS P8P67 PRO / i7 2600k @ 4.1Ghz / Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 / 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9

HTPC -~24/7 WCG
    Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 / i7 2600k @ 4.0Ghz / Sapphire Radeon HD5830 / 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Essentials @ 1333Mhz 9-9-9

XS WCG Team Forum - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by catcherintherye View Post
    yes and no.

in petra case it is enforceable

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by catcherintherye View Post
    lol.. this is state law im assuming?

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    yes and no.

in petra case it is enforceable
    no unless federal law says he cant... state law > contract which violates state law..

im sure if he saw a lawyer, he could work it out...

if there is a state law that specifically says that, the only law higher then that is a federal law.

And i highly doubt federal law was written in that contract.

However Alex is a reputable businessman, and will do a gentleman law.. which means... out of good faith he will probably keep it.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom128 View Post
    The counterfeiting IS why people always said to get them from Petra. There is a clear difference, I love my 8 mediums!
    Yeah, all my Jab-Tech Yates are .

No offence to JT, the fans just all went bad after about two months of use... they are loud even when warm, make horrendous sounds when cold, and often need about 30 minutes to get to full RPM.
    Smile

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Yeah, all my Jab-Tech Yates are .

No offence to JT, the fans just all went bad after about two months of use... they are loud even when warm, make horrendous sounds when cold, and often need about 30 minutes to get to full RPM.
    check if they are running on 7v...
    i had that problem with mine and that was the whole problem.

Wow. I been out of the loop. Was just looking at stuff on the Petra's Tech Shop site... and noticed the place looking pretty run down. Then I started researching, never knew they were sold off. Disappointed for sure. I used to order and go and pick my stuff up from those guys. Damn. Cool guys they were.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysticWizard View Post
    and noticed the place looking pretty run down.
    ...and you have no idea just how much that bothers me...

Well, at least you didn't find out by driving out to where the warehouse used to be in San Jose... all you would have found upon arrival is a marijuana dispensary
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    ...and you have no idea just how much that bothers me...

Well, at least you didn't find out by driving out to where the warehouse used to be in San Jose... all you would have found upon arrival is a marijuana dispensary
    At least said marijuana dispensary would help you recall the good old days of PTS.

As I said before, I still miss your site, Petra. You used to have all the best hardware--including from many entrepreneurial forumites.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

Xtreme Member
    i also miss PTS. scored some great deals back in the 939 days.
    Evga 680i * Q6600 G0 * 4x2gb g.skill Pi * Evga GTX260 (216) - sli * x-fi fatality * Corsair HX1000
    Asus Striker II Formula * Q6600 G0 * 4x2gb corsair * Evga 9600gso * corsair hx620
    #3 WIP
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M * 3570K * 2x2gb samsung * 60gb SSD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12