Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petra's Tech

Xtreme Member

Petra's Tech

Has anyone order anything from them recently? I'm just curious if anyone is actually answering the emails or if the site is on hiatus?

I ordered a bunch of fans early november, one of them arrived completely damaged, the blades just fell apart from the motor. I emailed them asking for a replacement, it took a few weeks(and a few emails from me) to answer me, and they sent me a replacement on November 24th with a shipping number.

Thing is, the shipping number says it still hasn't received a package and i sent them an email 2 weeks ago without an answer. I've order things from them before, but it seems they tried to avoid me, and then just straight up lied to me.

what should i do?
    2600k @ 4.5GHz || P8Z68V || 16GB Vengeance || 5850 || Crucial M4 || TJ-10BW || ST1000 || 2408WFP

Heat

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by ap4lifetn View Post
    Has anyone order anything from them recently? I'm just curious if anyone is actually answering the emails or if the site is on hiatus?

I ordered a bunch of fans early november, one of them arrived completely damaged, the blades just fell apart from the motor. I emailed them asking for a replacement, it took a few weeks(and a few emails from me) to answer me, and they sent me a replacement on November 24th with a shipping number.

Thing is, the shipping number says it still hasn't received a package and i sent them an email 2 weeks ago without an answer. I've order things from them before, but it seems they tried to avoid me, and then just straight up lied to me.

what should i do?
    sounds like my former dealing with gary from sidewinders(own PTS also)
    give them a phone call if you annoy them enought they will eventually answer you

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    sounds like my former dealing with gary from sidewinders(own PTS also)
    give them a phone call if you annoy them enought they will eventually answer you
    it is indeed gary, although he tells me hes sick bronchitis

is their customer service going into the pooper?
    2600k @ 4.5GHz || P8Z68V || 16GB Vengeance || 5850 || Crucial M4 || TJ-10BW || ST1000 || 2408WFP

Heat

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by ap4lifetn View Post
    it is indeed gary, although he tells me hes sick bronchitis

is their customer service going into the pooper?
    it seems like he has been sick several times this year.
    and even if he isn't there, he has to have other employees that can answer emails

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    I hate having to sit here and watch stuff like this...
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    I hate having to sit here and watch stuff like this...
    You know what to do

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    You know what to do
    a) Start a new store? (Can't do that for a minimum of 4-4.5 more years)
    b) Buy my company back? (Can't do that, no money)
    c) Complain to Gary?
    d) ...?

There really isn't anything that I can do at this point, especially if the OP has already been in touch with Gary. Gary has owned and operated PTS for nearly a year now.

Xtreme Guru
    Oh that sucks, Why cant you start another store not enough money?? Petras was really killing it i dont know why you sold it

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Likely a non-compete would prevent him from starting another store?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Oh that sucks, Why cant you start another store not enough money?? Petras was really killing it i dont know why you sold it
    The non-compete clause that was written into the purchase contract prevents me from starting a competing business for a specified time period. As for why the store was sold, well, there were quite a few factors that went into the decision... without going into the specifics here, our options were basically either sell or shut down (the former being the less financially damaging option, obviously).

Xtreme Member
    Sorry to hear that Petra, I didn't know you sold to Gary. I have spent a lot of money at Sidewinders in the past and have always had great service as well. I've only had a couple issues with sidewinder and it was always handled quickly and professionally so I would think Petra's would be run in the same fashion.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It was sold a while ago (over a year ago I believe). I'm not interested in watercooling anymore so I haven't been on their site for about 2 years now, but I went on there last night to check it out and I was honestly saddened by what I saw. The store's essentially dead, they have no selection anymore. A waterblock for CPU, a couple for GPUs, 2 pumps, only Swiftech rads plus one XSPC... All they have is a bunch of screws and fasteners now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    A DFI board is like a divorce, expensive, but well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    I dunno... I think a DFI board is more like marriage... demanding, time consuming, and a PITA but rewarding in it's own twisted way.

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_freak View Post
    It was sold a while ago (over a year ago I believe). I'm not interested in watercooling anymore so I haven't been on their site for about 2 years now, but I went on there last night to check it out and I was honestly saddened by what I saw. The store's essentially dead, they have no selection anymore. A waterblock for CPU, a couple for GPUs, 2 pumps, only Swiftech rads plus one XSPC... All they have is a bunch of screws and fasteners now lol.
    I'm curious if they still carry the legendary Yate Loons that Petra originally sold, or if they moved to a cheaper alternative.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsama View Post
    I'm curious if they still carry the legendary Yate Loons that Petra originally sold, or if they moved to a cheaper alternative.
    Well, we gave Gary the contact information for our sales guy in China and set things up as part of the deal... so, they should be the same fans.

i have spent tons with gary... no problems with returns or with any issues with support... he doesn't answer emails on the weekend, but the turnaround time during the week is pretty good.... plus he is right across the border from me in indiana... my order usually gets here in a day or 2 through usps... also, he is carrying yate loons...

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/yateloonfans.html
    (currently clocking)
    asus r3e / 980x / mush ridgies / 2x gtx580 / cs ax1200 / mm pinnacle 24
    loop 1: mcp655 / ek320 / st xt / kl mb-asr3e / bp multi250
    loop 2: mcp655 / st qp320 / 2x st fc580 / bp multi250

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by benniebeeker View Post
    i have spent tons with gary... no problems with returns or with any issues with support... he doesn't answer emails on the weekend, but the turnaround time during the week is pretty good.... plus he is right across the border from me in indiana... my order usually gets here in a day or 2 through usps... also, he is carrying yate loons...

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/yateloonfans.html
    just because he is carrying YLs doesn't mean they are the epic ones that petra's had

Xtreme Addict
    Just picked up a few of the D12SL's and they're pretty amazing. Not sure if that's the same one that Petra had in there, but they move more air, and make less noise, than any of the other 120's I've got in a similar size/rating.

So I'd call 'em epic enough. If anything, I find them quieter than the db rating they state.

Hope you get it sorted, any word on if he got it taken care of?

Hopefully it's just a mix up, or a holiday thing.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    just because he is carrying YLs doesn't mean they are the epic ones that petra's had

based on what petra said above, they SHOULD be.... i can't imagine people counterfeiting fans... gimme a break...
    (currently clocking)

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by benniebeeker View Post
    based on what petra said above, they SHOULD be.... i can't imagine people counterfeiting fans... gimme a break...
    YL's have been counterfeited before

NooB MOD
    Indeed they have, there's actually a thread about it here somewhere (if I'm remembering correctly).
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Addict
    They could be Chinese knockoffs

Oh wait, they're already Chinese...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole View Post
    They could be Chinese knockoffs

Oh wait, they're already Chinese...

exactly... lol
    (currently clocking)

Xtreme Addict
    It is possible to have a couterfeit though, and also to have a different level of quality from the same manufacturer. I don't see them putting the same model number on a fan and supplying a 'good' and 'better' quality, but at the same time if a company requested a very specific spec, it could end up the the same 'package'.

I don't know if Petra requested a more expensive bearing system, or motor to be used in product run/orders. That is a possibility, and it could end up with a different fan quality and not actually be a 'fake', just a 'normal vs. custom' spec.

Seems weird, but is possible.

Will have to look that up. It'd be funny if I got a 'fake' though if I did, it's a pretty good fan, so I don't mind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole View Post
    It is possible to have a couterfeit though, and also to have a different level of quality from the same manufacturer. I don't see them putting the same model number on a fan and supplying a 'good' and 'better' quality, but at the same time if a company requested a very specific spec, it could end up the the same 'package'.

I don't know if Petra requested a more expensive bearing system, or motor to be used in product run/orders. That is a possibility, and it could end up with a different fan quality and not actually be a 'fake', just a 'normal vs. custom' spec.

Seems weird, but is possible.

Will have to look that up. It'd be funny if I got a 'fake' though if I did, it's a pretty good fan, so I don't mind
    iirc the difference was only in the "S" and "M" models
    they had the larger motor in them, while everyone else had the smaller motor in theirs

Xtreme Addict
    S&M models?

I think I'm on a completely different train of thought

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast