Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Finding, Person to Person

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    Deux, as far as Ln2, I just want to take my 555 past 7ghz if I can.

Other than that, where do you buy your ln2? I haz a truck, so if need be, we could drive somewhere quick and refill the 30l.

But yes, DIce is definitely a possibility. To be honest, anyone running intel cold for the first time would be better off on DIce since the CB's and CBB's can be avoided 99% of the time at DIce temps.
    For LN2 I usually go to the Airgas in West Chicago, it's by far the closest place to me that sells LN2. Thing is, they don't fill dewars on the weekend so I usually get it filled Friday afternoon. There is one place that fills dewars on the weekend but it's a solid 40 minutes one way and is only open until ~noon anyway.

I'm not entirely sure where the closest place that sells DICE is, It's been a while since I ran DICE. I know there's a Meijer reasonably close that sells dry ice

Not really sure what I'm planning to run, I might just bin hyper/run low clock 32M on SS/DICE

Edit: just saw the post above mine :p

30L runs me just over $60 at this point, not great but it's not terrible for the quantity either. The length of time 30L will last depends entirely on what you're planning to run. The only experience I have running 775 on LN2 is 01 on E8600, running that 30L will last through 3-4 normal ~2 hour sessions. Other things like CPU-Z and 1m/pifast take less and other things like wprime take a lot more. Running wprime 1024 on a quad at 6200 will blow through 30L in a bit over two hours IIRC.

As far as pots go, I've an F1EE, Gemini with both bases, memory pot, Tek-9 Fat and one of the old slims.
    Last edited by Deux; 03-14-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxrabid93 View Post
    So it seems Saturday the 19th it is. Since it seems Scott will not be able to make this one, i think any of us (Chance, Deux, me) could host it fine, as we are all pretty close.

I just asked my parents (me being 17 and all, lol), and they said i could host it too. I should be able to provide food and drink. Also, i have a ping pong table in my basement that we could all setup on. If we did need extra space for some reason, i do have a 6ft folding table too (And another in the workshop, but that is covered by computer parts currently, haha). Oh, i would also consider my house a homey feel like Chance said; my parents are always really nice to guests too, as long as you behave and don't trash the place. I honestly think my place would be really good to do it. We actually host bands alot through a program called RYFO, so we are used to lots of strange people in our house. And we have lots of blow up beds if for some reason it is really late you want to crash after we bench instead of going home.

I like this idea. Seems like a great, roomy place where we won't be as cramped as my basement.

I also could go to Continental Carbonics on friday(day off of school for me) and pick up some dice to have ready for saturday. I have a fairly big styrofoam container for it. Last time i think it held 20 or so lbs, and what was left after benching didn't dissapate for like a week. I could get another too probably, if we needed more dice. Even though it is like 45 min drive, at 50cents/lb for chunks, and $1/lb for pellets, it is definitely worth the drive.

$.50 /lb for chunk is way better than my price. I wouldn't mind bringing my hammer.

Deux, how long do you think 30l ln2 would last for multiple guys benching? I know i would only be running socket 775 stuff. What would you guys plan to run? Also, how expensive will it be to fill a 30l?

As for cost, i figure the most fair would be to all split the cost of the dice and ln2 equally among us. I just figure that is the simplest way with the least confusion.

I would definitely be willing to pay for my share.

Btw Chance, do you still have your Dragon Evo? I know you got an F1 recently. If i was running ln2, i think i would need to use that pot, as my current pot has very little surface area and mass, and is only good for dice probably.

Unfortunately, I sold my Evo to fund my F1EE purchase. However, I am more than willing to let you use her. My 7ghz run probably won't be long.

Or Deux, do you have any extra pots?

Even better, if he doesn't my pot is still available.

stangracin3, another guy would be fun, as long as you bring some hardware to freeze.

This is turning out like it should be really awesome.
    Filled in with bold.

Edit: we are all getting ninja'ed by each other.

I forgot to mention my hardware. I'll be running an Amd 555 x2 (in x2,x3 or x4 mode) in a Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P board with a set of 3x2 (only running two) Super Talent Hypers. Video will be either a 5850 or an 8800gt and my PS will be a Kingwin 750 modular. I'll probably run the 8800gt to reduce PS strain. Obviously I won't run any 3d on Amd.

If anyone has a nice clocking 1366 chip, I have a 255 capable R2E.

Edit 2: I just realized the guys from my team would love to come to something like this. Is it alright if I post a thread on my home forum advertising? I doubt it would be any more than 1-2 people more. If you don't want to, then just say no.
    Last edited by ChanceCoats123; 03-14-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Deux, if you could bring all your pots that would be amazing. If i do ln2, one of those would be way better than my crappy pot.

Chance, haha ya, everyone keeps ninja editing.

I would be totally up for my place, like i said in the post you quoted.

If we want the cheapest dice, ya $.50/lb is for chunks. Anyone wanna bring a blender?(i doubt my mom would let me use ours). I have heard they work well for powdering/crushing dice for the best possibly use. Or we could just use hammers, though i did that last time and it was kindof a pita.

Also looks like the price wont be too bad either. Even with only 3 on us, we would split the ln2 like $20 each, and dice would only be a couple bucks each seeing as how cheap it is.

Sounds like we will have alot of varying hardware, nice. (775, 1366, am3)

Oh yeah, anyone got a good e84/85/8600? My P5E3 Prem and Cellshocks are itching for some really serious benching.

Would any of us being doing 3d? It sound like we are all talking 2d. I do have a nice soldering station if anyone want to do some vmods and whatnot.

Chance, assuming Deux is ok with it, i would be fine with a few more guys. The more the merrier lol. But only like 1-3 more. More than that and it might be a bit overwhelming for the first time. Would any of your teammates have ln2 dewars/access? More ln2 would be awesome. (and also, we don't want too many guys trying to share only 30l, seems like it would run out super fast).

Xtreme Member
    Oh a little OT. Yesterday i scored 2 kits of Cellshock 1866 blue for only like $117 shipped total. (got the last 2 kits: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MY-003-CK). They are shipping from the uk, but the eta said like wed or thurs. So i might have some real legendary ram to bench with at the party (not that my other Cellshock kits aren't good either).

Oh and i benched my e6600 on cold air, it seems to be a pretty good chip too, but i seemed to hit a wall where i need to go colder.

Now my biggest dillema is figuring out what to bench.

Xtreme Member
    Deux, if you could bring all your pots that would be amazing. If i do ln2, one of those would be way better than my crappy pot.

Chance, haha ya, everyone keeps ninja editing.

I would be totally up for my place, like i said in the post you quoted.

If we want the cheapest dice, ya $.50/lb is for chunks. Anyone wanna bring a blender?(i doubt my mom would let me use ours). I have heard they work well for powdering/crushing dice for the best possibly use. Or we could just use hammers, though i did that last time and it was kindof a pita.

Also looks like the price wont be too bad either. Even with only 3 on us, we would split the ln2 like $20 each, and dice would only be a couple bucks each seeing as how cheap it is.

Sounds like we will have alot of varying hardware, nice. (775, 1366, am3)

Oh yeah, anyone got a good e84/85/8600? My P5E3 Prem and Cellshocks are itching for some really serious benching.

Would any of us being doing 3d? It sound like we are all talking 2d. I do have a nice soldering station if anyone want to do some vmods and whatnot.

Chance, assuming Deux is ok with it, i would be fine with a few more guys. The more the merrier lol. But only like 1-3 more. More than that and it might be a bit overwhelming for the first time. Would any of your teammates have ln2 dewars/access? More ln2 would be awesome. (and also, we don't want too many guys trying to share only 30l, seems like it would run out super fast).
    Come to think of it, there really aren't many of my team members near enough to make it worth the drive. One of our admins has a 50l dewar, though (and gets it filled for like $30). He's in OH, so he may be down. He's driven a bit before for a meet up so this could be good.

Oh a little OT. Yesterday i scored 2 kits of Cellshock 1866 blue for only like $117 shipped total. (got the last 2 kits: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MY-003-CK). They are shipping from the uk, but the eta said like wed or thurs. So i might have some real legendary ram to bench with at the party (not that my other Cellshock kits aren't good either).

Oh and i benched my e6600 on cold air, it seems to be a pretty good chip too, but i seemed to hit a wall where i need to go colder.

Now my biggest dillema is figuring out what to bench.
    Bench whatever gives you the most boints.

Banned Movieman...
    i don't think i will be able to make it that far north this time

poor broke college student...

Xtreme Cruncher
    If it would help, I'm totally cool just running DICE and letting you guys split the 30L as I'll have plenty of chances to run LN2 the following week

Will definitely have the extra pots on hand

Most of my hardware is 1366, only 775 stuff I have is a pair of E8600 I've only tested for 01, a P5E3 + Rampage extreme and a bunch of celerons for CPU-Z.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    i don't think i will be able to make it that far north this time

poor broke college student...
    Sorry to hear that. If you can work it out, we'd love you up here!

Quote Originally Posted by Deux View Post
    If it would help, I'm totally cool just running DICE and letting you guys split the 30L as I'll have plenty of chances to run LN2 the following week

Will definitely have the extra pots on hand

Most of my hardware is 1366, only 775 stuff I have is a pair of E8600 I've only tested for 01, a P5E3 + Rampage extreme and a bunch of celerons for CPU-Z.
    Need a high bclk board?

As for the Ln2, I PM'ed the Admin at my forum (the one with the 50L) to see if he would care to join us. Is it safe to say Rabid will be hosting? If so I would appreciate information.

Xtreme Member
    Yea, i will host. My dad did just say though that he wants it limited to 5 guests. So, Chance, Deux, and at most 3 others. Chance, if you got someone to bring a 50l, that would be awesome.

Deux, what did that e86 run in 01? Wanna bring your 775 hardware? It would def. be fun playing with an e86 and some celerons for cpuz. (i know you are already bringing alot with the pots, dewar, and what you plan to bench. Any hardware on top of that is just even better).

I am afraid of the power draw though. If you guys have extension cords, i would say bring them, as we might have to run them all over the house to draw from different circuits...

Xtreme Member
    Sweet! PM any time with info on the location, time to come over, possible contact info via phone (just in case).

I can definitely bring extension cords. I might also be able to bring a blender.

Edit: Gosh darn. I keep forgetting all my stuff to bring. I have a coupla hard drives, Stripped: XP 32, Vista 32, and Seven 64. I also have a Samsung 1440*900 and an HP 1280*1024. I'll be bringing a few flash drives. Possibly my SSD for a quick PCmark 05.

When it comes to insulation, I use eraser on my 1366 stuff so I have 5-6 packs of used eraser for insulation, but I also have over 1/2 roll of Frost King, which is what I use on my Amd rig. I can bring a couple 115CFM Deltas as well as some Yate Loons. My F1EE just got setup with new insulation, so that is all set, I have a bit extra of the neoprene if necessary, and plenty of Sham wow.
    Last edited by ChanceCoats123; 03-14-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yea, i will host. My dad did just say though that he wants it limited to 5 guests. So, Chance, Deux, and at most 3 others. Chance, if you got someone to bring a 50l, that would be awesome.

Deux, what did that e86 run in 01? Wanna bring your 775 hardware? It would def. be fun playing with an e86 and some celerons for cpuz. (i know you are already bringing alot with the pots, dewar, and what you plan to bench. Any hardware on top of that is just even better).

I am afraid of the power draw though. If you guys have extension cords, i would say bring them, as we might have to run them all over the house to draw from different circuits...
    Sounds good

One of the E8600s is supposed to do 6450 through 01, I've only gotten to 6350 so far though, think it might be a board thing. The other one is pretty similar, 6300 01 wasn't an issue at low voltage, think it has FSB issues past that. Will bring my rampage if I can find a heatsink for the NB as it's on water ATM and I'd rather not bring the whole loop.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    Sweet! PM any time with info on the location, time to come over, possible contact info via phone (just in case).

I can definitely bring extension cords. I might also be able to bring a blender.

Edit: Gosh darn. I keep forgetting all my stuff to bring. I have a coupla hard drives, Stripped: XP 32, Vista 32, and Seven 64. I also have a Samsung 1440*900 and an HP 1280*1024. I'll be bringing a few flash drives. Possibly my SSD for a quick PCmark 05.

When it comes to insulation, I use eraser on my 1366 stuff so I have 5-6 packs of used eraser for insulation, but I also have over 1/2 roll of Frost King, which is what I use on my Amd rig. I can bring a couple 115CFM Deltas as well as some Yate Loons. My F1EE just got setup with new insulation, so that is all set, I have a bit extra of the neoprene if necessary, and plenty of Sham wow.
    Haha it would be good if you could bring a blender. I also have stripped OS's, BenchZowner's. Stripped xp32, server 03, vista 32 and 64, 7 32 and 64. I have two monitors here that we could use, an LG 1440x900 and a crap Acer 1920x1080. The Acer works, the screen just looks a little funny sometimes (still easy to read everything, just a little um grainy i guess). I also do have my LG 1920x1080 in my room i could use if we need.

Maybe bring 1 monitor.
    Definitely bring eraser and insulation, you can never have enough.
    Bring the Delta's if you can. I only have a few crappy fans handy.
    Any towels/rags would be good i guess, i have most of a roll of industrial paper towels, and probably tons of normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Deux View Post
    Sounds good

One of the E8600s is supposed to do 6450 through 01, I've only gotten to 6350 so far though, think it might be a board thing. The other one is pretty similar, 6300 01 wasn't an issue at low voltage, think it has FSB issues past that. Will bring my rampage if I can find a heatsink for the NB as it's on water ATM and I'd rather not bring the whole loop.
    Ya, a whole loop would be a pita to transport. At least the e8600's and celerons would be awesome for you to bring.
    Like i said to Chance, any high cfm fans, and insulation/rags would be good to bring.

Xtreme Member
    Will do. When I run, I go with FK on the board, paper towel, then neoprene, then Shammy, and then wrap the whole get up tightly with TP and paper towels. Hasn't failed me once yet! (probably 8+ sessions).

Xtreme Member
    How long have your sessions been?

Xtreme Member
    Typically 4-5 hours on DIce. My longest was probably around 7-8 hours non-stop. Obviously Ln2 is much colder, but the principles are the same.

Xtreme Member
    Hmm ok. Cause last time with dice, after like 5 hours i started getting a little condesation. Not on the board, but between the neoprene on the board and the neoprene on the pot. Any ideas why that would be? Bad seal between them?

Xtreme Member
    Probably. Was it literally between the two pieces, or was it on the edge of them? If it was on the edge, it could've just been some surrounding air was touching it. That's why I like the TP and paper towels. They absorb and condensation if it even does form. Remember that fans pointed on or near a cold pot = condensation.

Xtreme Member
    It was the edge where they were touching. They basically formed an L and the condesation was in that wedge. So i should just go more crazy with the paper towels i guess.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, that's not quite as bad. Those are pretty tough to avoid because the insulation gets cold and then touches the outside air forming the condensation there instead of the pot. Just keep the air from getting to that insulation or wrap in enough paper towel to soak up whatever condensation could possibly form.

Xtreme Member
    Sounds good.

On another note, i forgot to mention. I do have a NB pot if anyone wants/needs to put thier board under ln2/dice. It may be a bit small for dice, but that's nothing a cup can't fix.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe some 775 action right there.

I have a Fluke 51 (original) single-input thermometer as well. My F1EE is setup with a probe anyway, so they basically are a team.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe, if any of my boards need it. I am thinking about benching my q66 and ep45-ud3p, and my e66 and p5e3 prem. I am hoping to pull off some sick scores with both, especially on the q66, the ep45-ud3p i know does at least 555fsb on air (with my q9300 it did). If it can pull 555 on the q6600, that would be right around 5ghz at full multi, which would be near the top 10. We'll see what happens i guess.

I also have a dual temp Amprobe thermometer, it works well.

Xtreme Member
    Woot. 775 is boints all over the place.

Early morning edit: My forum admin would love to come. Problem is, he has to sell it to the girlfriend at home. There is a possibility his girl friend may even come if that's not an issue. He was wondering about his dog coming. Rabid, do you have any pets/ mind having them over if they are well behaved?

Then I also took the liberty of PM'ing Icebob, another PURE member that Deux probably knows. He has a 25L and a 20L and loves to get together with the guys for some cold benching. That'll put us right at the limit of members, so I hope this isn't a problem.
    Last edited by ChanceCoats123; 03-15-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Xtreme Member
    are you talking about I.M.O.G.? Just wondering, how old is he? Also, as for the gf, i'm not sure. I have a feeling my parents will be iffy on that; i personally wouldn't think it would be a problem, though would his gf be kinda left out?

Also about icebob, how old is he?

If you could get those guys to pop in in this thread too, that would be good. I would want to communicate with them.

Xtreme Member
    They are both a bit older, although I don't know exact ages. I mentioned that in my PM that we would all be a bit younger. And yes, I was talking about IMOG and Icebob.

Not sure if they have XS accounts so I'd be more of a proxy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast