Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Finding, Person to Person

Xtreme Member
    I put my answers in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking of, a Dewar. I can't even find used ones below 150$.

Right. LN2 does seem to be pretty simple, but I want to see if I'm going to be hooked on sub-zero before I start spending bigger bucks.

1. Good. However, I still would enjoy having someone on a Skype call or something with me. This is pretty easy because I can either have a laptop or my 24/7 rig dedicated to the call while I bench. An exclusive live stream, just so I don't have to call it "Halp meh I'm scared".
    Most of the guys at the forum I bench for (OCF) livestream their runs. I livestream most of mine. Basically, the person streaming (and also benching) is on webcam, and there is a chat room where others can give advice, ask questions and typically just shoot the s**t.

2. Thank God for that. I hate acetone fumes enough when my sister is removing nail polish.
    Odd question, but how old are you? I just turned 16, so I find it difficult to get the good hardware. Most of my time is spent selling old parts and haggling for the best deals possible on new stuff.

3. Whatever pot can get 'decent' (it's going to be pretty even if I use a plastic cup haha) temps while remaining pretty low-budget I'd love to get my hands on. Anyone have a used pot for sale?
    Do you have classifieds access on XS? I think XS is probably the best place for buying pots since most members on here use extreme cooling. I would hook you up with my old Dragon Evo 2.4, but I sold it to a team member.

4. Well hopefully Bulldozer doesn't have CB. This reminds me of something else: Should I jump for the first generation of boards that come out, or wait a little longer? I don't remember what it was, but Sandy Bridge 1st gen boards had some sort of design flaw and I don't want to be benching with that.
    I hope BD is CB free as well. This "air cooling" SB is bugging me. I tend to be behind the times when I buy hardware, so I avoid most of the early bugs. I would say wait 1-2months to make sure everything is smooth.

Want. The. Frost.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm not sure how to set up a live stream... is it just a webcam hooked up to some host site?

I'm 17, I have the same problem as you. However, I had an AMD setup I built a while back and selling that is helping me afford this.

Yep, I've got Classifieds access, I don't see too many pots on there... mostly Dewars.

Waiting a couple months is fine by me, as long as I can get the hardware I want, still have it be relatively new and interesting, and have enough to get subzero hardware.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    Well you set up a livestream account, then you download and install the uploading software. It recognizes all devices that are recognized by the OS, so if windows sees the webcam, you'll be all set.

I just did the same thing. I wanted to keep my current Amd setup (555+UD5P) so I sold off my 939 parts, my 720 and my Corsair Dominator GT's to get a golden 920, Asus R2E and Super Talent Hypers.

I could've sworn there was one in there. If you can't find one used for sale, it may be beneficial to post a wanted add for a Gemini or other type pot.

Xtreme Addict
    Alright, sounds good. BTW, what part of Illinois are you from? I'm really far South in Wisconsin.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    I'm in the Chicago-land Area. Just north of Aurora and Naperville if you want to Google Maps me. We ought to bench together sometime.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah man! I might be going on vacation for Spring Break, so I could stop by on the way to O'Hare!

Xtreme Member
    Woot. Let me know!

Ps. I know someone who needs to start benching for a different forum...

Xtreme Member
    Scott, Overclock.net seems to have a fair number of pots FS if you look around. Also, to see the marketplace there you don't need any posts, and to PM people, you only need a few. You should check it out over there.

Here is the cooling section of FS: http://www.overclock.net/cooling-products/

Also, to Chance (and Scott), i'm an Illinois bencher too! I'm in Naperville IL. I'm 17 too. All similar age, similar area, coincidence? We should all bench together (even though it seems we all bench for different forums).
    Last edited by xxrabid93; 03-06-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Pm's sent!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm from Wheaton (Right by Naperville) but I'm a freshman at UIUC so I'm in Champaign during the school year. I'll be around for spring break as well as over the summer so let me know if you're planning anything and wouldn't mind and extra person

Xtreme Member
    Holy hell. I had no idea there were this many people so close to me. I live in Winfield, so I bet I could find your residence, Deux! This ought to be shweet if we get together... Deux, do you have a dewar? I would gladly pitch in so we could all run some ln2.

Xtreme Member
    Deux, that would be sweet!!! With a guy like you there, you could school all of us and really give us some tips! That would be awesome having a pro like you there.

Chance, replied your PM. Look at Deux on HWBot also, #9 in the world. I would guess he would have a dewar.

Xtreme Member
    I just realized that and reloaded the page to see if anyone saw.

It would be pretty damn sweet. I have a possible WR candidate 555 on my hands.

Xtreme Member
    I have lots of 775 hardware to bench.

Mobos:
    Giga ep45-ud3p
    dfi lp ut p35-t2r
    biostar tpower i45
    asus p5e3 premium wifi

Ram:
    2x ddr2 ballistix, 1 16fd5, 1 16fd3, both d9
    ddr3 cellshock 1600 c7 and 1333 c6, both d9jnl iirc

Cpus:
    q9300
    q6600
    e7400
    e6600
    e5200
    pd915
    p4 660

i think that's it.: Once summer comes around, i will be hitting these hard; school right now pretty much kills any time for benching.

Xtreme Member
    Sweet. I've got gold 555 and a gold 920. UD5P and a Rampage II Extreme. 3x2GB Super Talent Chromes (2000 Cas8) and some crappy Mushkins. Should be enough for a solid session or two on ln2.

School kills my time too. :-/

Xtreme Addict
    Whoa this thread exploded compared to the activity it was getting before! This is looking to be pretty cool. We could figure out some weekend or break when we're all available and have a little get-together, if not a full-on benching session. I have nothing for cooling to contribute, but I've got this:

Either some cash or a Bulldozer setup depending on when we do this.
    MSI Big Bang X-Power
    6GB Mushkin Redline
    Some sort of amazing GTX 460 Hawk... pulls 950MHz on air
    Not risking the i7, sorry

I like XS. If we were to get together, I don't care where we put the results... however, with the knowledge that I could gain, I'd probably start doing subzero regularly for XS by myself as well as meeting up with you guys.

Also, I got your PM, but I think I've gotten my answers in this post.

Xtreme Member
    Yea, this thread kinda exploded once we all realized how close we are, lol.

You said you don't have a pot, right? I have a freind who makes some, i PM'd him asking about his price, maybe to hook you up with one for cheap. Dunno if you want to buy one right now, but i figured i would PM him anyways and ask.

Xtreme Member
    Woot!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    Woot!
    woot to what? That we will probably get this thing organized soon?

Xtreme Member
    Lol, yeah. The get together in general. xD

Xtreme Member
    Haha ok, you had me totally lost there for a sec.

Xtreme Member
    So, when do you guys think we can do this? I have next thurs and fri off, so a 4 day weekend from 3/17-3/20. Then, my spring break is 3/25-4/3, though i may be gone the first half of spring break (i think i would be available then from 3/31-4/3).

Those are my long periods of time i have free. I guess if we really needed, we could just get together some/any saturday.

What about you guys?

Xtreme Addict
    Like I said in the PM, this weekend I have SATs, next weekend is free, spring break I'll be in Texas.

Xtreme Member
    Remember that this doesn't have to be a one time thing. If it only works out for two people to get together, we can still have that time, but look for others to meet up as a group.

Xtreme Addict
    That's a great point, if at least two of us meet up, it can become more of a rigid/trustworthy rendezvous for all of us!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast