Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo GOPAN: Revolutionary Rice Bread Maker

Xtreme Addict

Sanyo GOPAN: Revolutionary Rice Bread Maker

Finally, rice could become a real alternative for bread in EU and US, with this gadget...

Rice bread... mmm... want some.

Xtreme Member
    So you add gluten and yeast to the rice. This is almost the same as wheat bread. Why not just make wheat bread?

Xtreme Addict
    Cause this is "rice" bread... which is better for a more appropriate diet.

Xtreme Addict
    are you serious?
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Quote Originally Posted by 445533 View Post
    So you add gluten and yeast to the rice. This is almost the same as wheat bread. Why not just make wheat bread?
    if u do it from rice then its supper white and much cheaper than extra bleached flower to get bread like the japanese like. and dont bash it till u try it, its good bread to put things on.

Quote Originally Posted by XSAlliN View Post
    i hope that sarcasm, white rice has almost no nutritional value it has little to no vitamins, minerals, or protein, its a bunch of short complex carbs. its not bad for an energy source but whet is better for u. also brown rice or whole grain flower, or barley or oats are also way better than white flower or white rice in nutrition.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    This is awesome!I want one. Now as Zanzabar said, White rice has no nutrition what so ever, But, it's a great energy source.
    Case: HAF-X
    CPU: AMD phenom II X6 1090T@4GHz
    Motherboard: Asus CHIV formula
    GPU: 2x 6870
    RAM: Patriot Sector 5 2x4GB
    HDD: Crucial M4 256GB

Can you? On AIR
    Better? -- On AIR

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, but can this machine make bread from brown rice? It's a much tougher food and I don't think it mashes well.

Quote Originally Posted by XSAlliN View Post
    The appropriate diet depends on the individual and their needs. For example an Olympic runner will have a different diet than Joe Regular who commutes to work and sits in a cubicle all day.
    Last edited by 445533; 12-12-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Yeah, but can this machine make bread from brown rice? It's a much tougher food and I don't think it mashes well.

The appropriate diet depends on the individual and their needs. For example an Olympic runner will have a different diet than Joe Regular who commutes to work and sits in a cubicle all day.
    if u had brown rice flower i would bet that it could though that dose not sound appealing to me
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

c[_]
    pretty sure the prairies (being that I live in a prairie location) are better suited to growing wheat/barley than rice.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Who cares? If people want to make rice bread, let them. If it's tasty and affordable, it makes little difference.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    if u had brown rice flower i would bet that it could though that dose not sound appealing to me
    flowers like roses, or flour like tiny ground up pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Who cares? If people want to make rice bread, let them. If it's tasty and affordable, it makes little difference.
    The rice bread maker is $600.
    Last edited by 445533; 12-12-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Xtreme Member
    It is prohibitively expensive. (50k yen = near $600 USD)

Ill stick to my 40$ "wellbilt" bread maker that works with normal breads just fine.

Xtreme systems?, Yes.
    Xtreme bakers?, Not this lad here.

Xtreme Addict
    That sounds...bland. I'll stick with collecting wild yeast cultures for homemade sourdough.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i hope that sarcasm, white rice has almost no nutritional value it has little to no vitamins, minerals, or protein, its a bunch of short complex carbs. its not bad for an energy source but whet is better for u. also brown rice or whole grain flower, or barley or oats are also way better than white flower or white rice in nutrition.
    Yeah exactly, and this is why I'm ready to slap my AZN friends who look at me as a freak; because I tell restaurants to hold the steamed rice they love to charge for without asking. I'm not paying for nutrition less, tasteless empty carbs. Bread and fried rice at-least taste like something even if they slightly more carby. White rice is always appreciated with spicy food, not american chinese.

Be that as it may though, I want a Gopan so badly or whatever knockoff that is not super Japanese style overpriced.
    Last edited by Dainas; 12-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love brown rice, but if the caveman didn't need to eat it, is it really necessary for an "appropriate" diet?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    I love brown rice, but if the caveman didn't need to eat it, is it really necessary for an "appropriate" diet?
    what about the south-asian caveman?

I am Xtreme
    There are essential amino acids that you need to survive, and other amino acids can be made out of them, rice is a good source of a few of the essential amino acids, but really all you need is red meat/protein as it contains almost all of the essential amino acids. That is how the caveman survived on meat from animals, probably some plants for fiber so their droppings weren't as tough to get out, because you need fiber in your diet, BTW did you know the droppings from cavemen weighed like 3x-5x what ours do? I can't believe someone actually studied that.

Anyways those are a few things I remember from Bio 101 and 102 class on diet, and that was about 8 years ago, so go figure.

How is this thread relevant to PCs in anyway? I don't post news on "Ivy league Professor Charged with Incest" i didn't even know incest was a crime in the US, i thought it was like Adultery, but I am glad it is.

The rice bread maker is $600.
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSys View Post
    It is prohibitively expensive. (50k yen = near $600 USD)
    You guys may not understand what I mean. Affordable is dictated by the market as a whole, not individuals. If they want to offer it for $600, that's a-ok. Their success will be determined by the sum of individuals in the target market, not us.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    You guys may not understand what I mean. Affordable is dictated by the market as a whole, not individuals. If they want to offer it for $600, that's a-ok. Their success will be determined by the sum of individuals in the target market, not us.
    Absolutely, but pricing is generally relative to performance or aesthetics. The perception of value needs to be there for people to give it any consideration. I personally don't see much logic in paying over ten times the amount of money it would take to purchase a competitors product, that can do everything it can but make this rice bread.

Perhaps the Japanese people have some nationalistic zeal I am underestimating, to the point which they prefer paying an (egregious) sum to consume less nutritious food.
    Last edited by MirageSys; 12-12-2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Grammar T_T

Quote Originally Posted by MirageSys View Post
    Absolutely, but pricing is generally relative to performance or aesthetics. The perception of value needs to be there for people to give it any consideration. I personally don't see much logic in paying over ten times the amount of money it would take to purchase a competitors product, that can do everything it can but make this rice bread.

Perhaps the Japanese people have some nationalistic zeal I am underestimating, to the point which they prefer paying an (egregious) sum to consume less nutritious food.
    the japanees pay $500-$1k for a sushi knife thats exactly the same (for home use) as a large butcher knife but not from japan.

they made it illegal to export their short grain rice

the japanees gov subsidizes the killing of thousands of dolphins and then allows that meat to be sold as other expensive things in the market (like whales and some fish from south america, and its sold as dolphin) even though it contains enough mercury to induce signs of poisoning if u ate 2-3 servings a week over a month. in order to remove a predator of the fish they like from the market. also paying billions of dollars to buy the votes to keep wailing and dolphins from being protected by the IWC.

they like wasabi paste since it kinda sorta tastes like real wasabi (real wasabi cannot be farmed is is hard to find like truffles but it takes decades to grow the roots)

they sold the US astroyboy and the one with the giant robot from the 50's that were both were based on weapons from WW2 that were intended to destroy the US but then had to write the wrongs post war from the nukes and evil foreign forces invading their land from the eastern seas.

if country can be have a zeal to deprive them selves of nutrition from rice its japan, like the US and ranch, mayo,and kraft singles

*not trying to bash japan if it came off that way*

also why is this news on XS, did they sue some denki fans in it
    Last edited by zanzabar; 12-13-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    How is this xtreme news?

Any way, looks completely uninteresting to me. I ran an artisan bakery when I was younger. It's a farce calling something more ride "bread".
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

Xtreme Member
    Why should XS care? Can you OC it?

Xtreme Addict
    Being a new gadget, pretty interesting one (for some) - definitely more extreme, than some CEO bashing the competition with BS talk, or a guy from some company that farted and some feel like it's appropriate to "virtually smell it" as an interesting news.

I am Xtreme
    So, how does it taste like? I have a feeling it might be one small, but very significant downside.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I didn't know you could make bread from rice. Extreme to me for sure.

Pretty sure cavemen didn't eat rice though, even south-Asian cavemen. Rice as a staple in human diet is a product of agriculture, like most grains.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast