Thread: MasterCard DOWN With DDOS Attack

Xtreme Member

MasterCard DOWN With DDOS Attack

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    U.S. officials in Washington say other countries have curtailed their dealings with the U.S. government because of WikiLeaks' actions.
    Bigger load of BS that Apple products or facebook. It's not wikileaks fault that people get pissed when they find out how the US has been screwing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
    Bigger load of BS that Apple products or facebook. It's not wikileaks fault that people get pissed when they find out how the US has been screwing them.
    Or the fact I highly doubt they withdrew communication because of what was said in there, but for the fact US HAS CRAPPY SECURITY. Every news outlet I've seen ignores the story about how Wikileaks was even able to receive the information.

You think if some random whistle blower website can get 250 THOUSAND cables, what is out there for purchase on the information market, or what spies have. I highly doubt there is anything released that nearly every world intelligence agency didn't already know.
    --Intel i5 3570k 4.4ghz (stock volts) - Corsair H100 - 6970 UL XFX 2GB - - Asrock Z77 Professional - 16GB Gskill 1866mhz - 2x90GB Agility 3 - WD640GB - 2xWD320GB - 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4 - Audigy-- --NZXT Phantom - Samsung SATA DVD--(old systems Intel E8400 Wolfdale/Asus P45, AMD965BEC3 790X, Antec 180, Sapphire 4870 X2 (dead twice))

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    Quote Originally Posted by Stukov View Post
    Or the fact I highly doubt they withdrew communication because of what was said in there, but for the fact US HAS CRAPPY SECURITY. Every news outlet I've seen ignores the story about how Wikileaks was even able to receive the information.

You think if some random whistle blower website can get 250 THOUSAND cables, what is out there for purchase on the information market, or what spies have. I highly doubt there is anything released that nearly every world intelligence agency didn't already know.
    Good point. Even bigger BS since then the US is using wikileaks as a scapegoat.

Cowards and liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is related to Wikileaks. Mods please take down.

Xtreme Addict
    I hope everyone is able to see that Wikileaks is nothing but a clever propaganda tool. We no longer trust what our mainstream media tells us and we shure as hell dont trust the Politicians anymore. But everyone sure is buying into "leaked" cables that push for support to invade yet another nation.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

c[_]
    A propaganda tool for the purpose of.. getting nowhere fast?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.