Thread: Computer Case Fans

Xtreme Addict

Computer Case Fans

So normally, computer cases come with fans pre-installed. I don't have any real problem with this, but I'm wondering if it affects the price of the case. I bought a HAF 932 and it came with 3 230mm fans and 1 140mm fan. I already planned to replace the fans with an assortment of 120mm fans so now I have 2 230mm and 1 140mm fan of mediocre quality. Great, what do I do with these? I don't have the heart to throw them away, but there's no way I can use them. I don't build too many computers, but for the two I've built, I already have 5 fans that nobody wants.

Basically, all I'm saying is:
    Make the fans better
    OR
    Get rid of the fans and lower the price of the case a tad.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

limitless
    Yeah, but what u can do
    it affects the price pretty well.

I'm sure there are cases with high end fans, but these cases are ment for better cooling and owerclocking,
    basic user don't need the best fans

Xtreme Guru
    Dont replace the fans, the haf 932 has pretty good air flow dude.. The main thing i'd be replacing is your cooler, if i remember correctly arent you running a water loop?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    I am using HAF 932 since a year, maybe more and I am kinda happy with the 230mm fans. Front,side and up pieces are doing great job and airflow. For me its not needed to add more fans at all.
    Well 230mm models are kinda good but the 140mm fan at the back is total crap. Mine died in 2 months. Since then i am not using 140mm fan at back at all.

In my opinion changing the 230mm fans is good idea only if you plan a visual mod or something.
    Last edited by Dk_vr; 12-07-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Dont replace the fans, the haf 932 has pretty good air flow dude.. The main thing i'd be replacing is your cooler, if i remember correctly arent you running a water loop?
    I'm running water with a 360 rad (intake), so I have to remove the top 230mm fan. I kept the red LED 230mm fan in the front because there's really nothing else I can use. I have replaced the 230mm fan on the sidepanel with 4 120mm Cooler Master R4s which run real quiet when turned down on the fan controller. I got them dirt cheap. The rear 140mm fan I replaced with a 120mm Cooler Master Excalibur.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Guru
    If you want you can replace the front fan with 3x 120mm fans i did, i used 3x thermaltake thunderblades, attached the 3rd one to the bay cage..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's one of the reasons I opted for the Antec DF-85 vs a HAF case. Personally I don't like huge fans. They ARE a bit quieter, but they don't actually cool as well and don't pinpoint the airflow. 120mm 140mm fans are also easier to find replacements for if they ever fail. CM shows right on the page for their HAF-X that it doesn't cool as well as the DF-85. I prefer the looks of the HAF-X slightly, but it's bulkier and I'd be out tons more money by the time I swap out fans.