Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Disappointed IN Foxconn right now

Hybrid View

Xtreme Member

Pretty Disappointed IN Foxconn right now

well, its been 7 days since I sent in my RMA request on my Bloodrage QF.

I realise it takes time, but no response at all in that amount time is frankly not incouraging.

my posts in the ( think my board is fried thread) surely indicate the board has taken a turn for the worse (dead).

In my email, I indicated all measures taken to boot the board, the board was bought in OCT 2008, so its still under warrenty.

Ive praized this board to no end, Ive convinced others to buy it in late 2008 over ASUS/Gigabyte etc offerings at that time...

But if warrenty isnt something you can depend on, then what good is the product???

sadly, my Bloodrage Quantum Force is dead..seriously one of the only boards over the years I will actually miss not having.. I originally bought it because of the color scheme, but soon loved it for its solid stability and overlocking..never even once flashed the bios till the issue with the 400series nvidia cards..

I have 3 other systems up and running in my home all I7 systems as well, and the BR used to be one of those till it died, and now today, I decided to by another board to replace it, so my son would have his gaming system back as well...

I had hoped for better from Foxconn...
    I7 950
    EVGA760 Classified/EK Block
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    EK 580GTX Block/ 2x EK Coolstream 240's
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    wow, that sucks... have you tried calling?
    where are you based?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's not good I recently contacted Foxconn about my Bloodrage and am waiting to hear back from them also... I hope they won't take so long to get back to me also - they responded very promptly to my query which was submitted through their website.
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Member
    for EU rma please email rma.nl@foxconn.com and you will get answer in 24 hours
    for the rest of the world it may take longer as the offices are in the move so may take time to play catch up

you lucky am after a week are not getting any replys from MSI for a 2 month old 470GTX that is dead
    so it 299 pounds of card down the drain at the moment as ebuyer will not take and msi have no support in the UK

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just got my reply from Foxconn within 24 hours, instructing me to fill out an RMA form and send the motherboard to them.

The guy who sent me an email basically slapped me on the wrist for shorting the motherboard
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

Technician
    My experience with Foxconn RMA has been nothing other than amazing. Be completely honest with them (even if it's your fault its dead) and Im confident they will do right by you. I hold Foxconn's after sales in higher regard than all other manufacturers - based solely on service and how the reps deal with people.

They even offered to do the pcie mod on my board if I pay postage - can't say fairer than that!

Carl - what the hell at ebuyer???? They should act as intermediary on returns for the customer for a period of not less than 12 months, after which the customers' contract may be seen to be with the manufacturer. 9 times out of 10 rulings on returns for faulty goods come down on the side of the consumer not the retailer, so god knows what's gotten into Ebuyer refusing to deal with MSI for you. That should be a simple rma? I have to say that i've heard of nothing but good stories about Ebuyer rma - although my own experience of returns with them was terrible (but years ago).

Len - bios chips are on the way dude, sorry for the delay in mailing them back. Got knocked off my bike last week (not serious) so haven't been out. Had a good 2" of ice covering everything here - roads, pavements, everything! Anyway, hopefully with you tomorrow .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    They even offered to do the pcie mod on my board if I pay postage - can't say fairer than that!
    I've been reading about this PCIe mod and I'm interested on it. Do they offer to do the mod to anyone even if the board does not have to go in for RMA? What is the turn around time? Thanks.

Ol' Faithful - Retired...

- Foxconn BlackOps - E8600 @ 4.5GHz, 1.32v - 8GB Patriot Division2 @ 1600 8-8-8-20 - OCZ Apex 120GB SSD - XFX HD6870 1GB Black Edition - BFG Ageia Physx - ULTRA X3 ULT40064 1000w - Cosmos RC-1000 - Gateway XHD3000 30"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP SECRET:

- EVGA Classified3 - i7 950 @ 4.25Ghz on 1.30v - 24GB Kingston HyperX @ 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz - XFX HD6970 v1.0 2GB @ 950/1450 - Diamond HD6970 v1.0 2GB @ 950/1450 - XFX 9800GT - SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium Champion
    - 510 120GB SSD - CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w - Stacker 830 [Custom painted in Classified theme] - 3x 23" LG E2381VR SuperLED @ 5760x1080 - Yamaha RX-V371 Receiver - Martin Logan MTL-1 5.1ch Surround Speakers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver Bullet

- ASUS M4E-Z - i7 3770k @ 5Ghz - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite - HD 7970 3GB - 2x Corsair Force3 120GB SSD [RAID0] - ULTRA X4 1000w PSU

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's grand PiLsY thanks We've had post once in the last nine or ten days so it's no biggy lol. Should be able to mail my motherboard to Foxconn by the end of the week.

For now, I'm going to play (yes PLAY!) with the 190 CFM Delta - it's -8C outside and dropping, and I have a long piece of flexible ducting

Technician
    I've tried but condensation is a big issue at massive volts and overclocks - guessing the block temp is just getting too high compared to ambient. Strange though cos my i5 760 had no issues at -3c water / -8c air / 50c cpu load. Just keep your eye on it man .

Xtreme Member
    Yea Lord Trident..I actually did it intially through the RMA NL addy, and they sent/forwarded it to the other RMA sight ( im in USA).

Im hoping it at least comes through soon, Ive not given up, and would gladly sell this other MB I have , or keep it in reserve, ( the one I bought to get my son back up on his system )

I still have my fingers crossed, I dont care so much how long it takes to actually complete the RMA process once its been intialized and I send the board...I was just hoping I would have heard something by now...

still love this damn board LOL

maybe I should redo and send it to another RMA address??? I just dont want to get it crossed up...

Pilsy I never try to get over on anyone with an RMA, actually, Ive only done maybe two I can remember over the years, Ive been lucky there, one with newegg one with EVGA, and as im sure you know, the response time is pretty fast with them, so maybe Im spoiled...

If they ask I will tell them, as here * it was overclocked, and for a few days after some benching, I forgot to lower the VTT to where it normally would be +225 along with 1.375 ( if i remember right, may have been 1.395 ish) so it ran at vtt+400 for maybe 3 days ,,certianly shouldnt have killed the board, but ya neve rknow, thats the only thing different

If my son had gotten me and Id have seen that it wouldnt retart ( showed failed OC, ) but he kept trying to reboot it without going into the bios to just reset and let it boot off the profile)
    Last edited by flashnc; 12-07-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Member
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: woensdag 1 december 2010 14:59
    To: RMA.NL
    Subject: RMA request/original owner/Bloodrage Quantum force

greetings and good day.

I purchased my BR MB number#UY30910085549( from sticker under NB ) and
    MPBF1664320 0R from sticker upper right hand coner area.

this was purchased directly from newegg a few months after it was avalible.

I have a Bloodrage that will no longer post, no post codes,( they dont light at
    all at anytime) only the board lights up, and wont intialize anything.
    I have tried:
    bios jumper
    battery
    physically switching bios chips
    with , and with out a different CPU
    without cpu ( not even any beep, or screams from MB )
    and pretty much everything else possible to think of, all the other componants
    are fine when swapped to other systems ( PSU/CPU/Memory )

This MB has run excellent, from the very first day, it has only had the bios
    flashed one time from the original shipped bios,with the bios fix* for the
    Nvidia 400 series cards and memory problems.

I sincerely hope that this can be repaired, it has been one of my cherished
    boards.

Please advise me of what steps we procede with.

Thank you
    Glenn Baldwin
    1106 67th St
    Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Wisconsin USA.

here is a copy of the email to rma nl and the forward they sent.
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My board has been approved for RMA so I'm sure yours will be too... after all, I fried my board in a moment of blind stupidity

PiLsY I read as much as I could about "outside air cooling" and the woes of condensation, and I will definitely be taking care (especially with my luck, frying my motherboard and all that lol).

Yesterdays test was interesting - load temps dropped by 30C and I wasn't even channelling the cold outside air into my case

Technician
    Awesome . Hopefully you'll be back in the fold soon dude .

flashnc - I definitely wasn't suggesting you were trying to deceive them in any way, I was more making the point that there's no need to be cagey with foxconn. Even with stuff thats way outside the realms of warranty like with LennyRhys for example... And they say EVGA are good . I can assure you that in the UK we have nobody who can touch foxconn for customer service. Wish they did gfx cards!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Logitech are a close second, if not top tier - my G9 broke so I sent them an email, and they sent me a G9x (no questions asked) which arrived within 2 days.

Foxconn, if they send back a "better" motherboard, are assuredly going to charge me the difference (I had to agree to this before accepting the RMA)

Technician
    That's more to cover the lower end microatx boards and stuff. You can actually ask for an upgrade to a higher board if you need to rma. Depending on how many they have in stock they accomodate if possible. Upgraded a friends FB GTI to a full FB this way for only £20 extra.

We're at the top of the tree anyway with the BR retail price at £299.99 .

Xtreme Member
    spoke with Rick today...really great guy to talk to, np with the rma, I have the email with instructions...now ... I have to find the reciept( bought it at newegg but that was on an old account, and Im not sure what the old PW was anymore lol) so I can get the shipping reciept...hopefully...

and yea I know Pilsy, I didnt take it that way at all, I just like to clarify, so many people buy something ,( MB.CPU.GPU ) and if they dont get the OC they want they return it saying it had problems of some sort, when it didnt...
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Member
    am please you got it sorted
    as i got the EU rma to kick the USA rma, not the first time they been told off from us lol

Xtreme Member
    ty Lord trident.

well seems not all is well after all, long story short.

well, after over 30years of good credit, 6 months ago my wife and I had to file banruptcy, and included in that was a newegg acct.

even though I was able to speak with them @ newegg, they have refused to allow me access to my acct to get the invoice...even went over all the channels even to the credit manager there...still no relief...Oh well

Now I have no way to show the invoice for the purchase...chuckles such is life eh ??

appreciate all the help guys with advice to test, and for the incourageing words to hold on and wait for the RMA..

I think it was my fault Lord, for sending it to the wrong rma request line, being im in the USA and sent it to the RMA NL... so

I take back about Foxconns rma process, once it was sorted out , the response was fast and very courtious...Rick was ez to talk to, ez to explain what processes I had taken to resolve the problem, and quick to offer the RMA even after explaining that I had left a high VTT running and my son just trying to reboot repeatedly an OC failure, Instead of resetting the OC profile back to where it was......Foxconn was spot on with supporting their product..
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    didnt you get the invoice via email from newegg?
    did you delete it?

Xtreme Member
    laughs Saaya remember? this has been like 2+ years ago I bought it, and I had the original shipping invoice, and surely the email invoice, but, Ive been through maybe 10 different HDs etc etc reformats/ OS changes lol and never saved anything like that if after afew months I have no problems, usually I also do the online register things as well, dont remember if foxconn had that or not then , or even if i did register it ..my mistake...

I just have to eat it and accept that I screwed that up...but next time, Im gonna remember to put up the invoices, or make email copies...
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Member
    i have to say dont worry about the invoice
    as it means nothing
    the warrenty is on the serial number and there 3 year manufacture
    and how would you have the invoice if say the board is given to you as a presey

so just leave blank or say n/a that all i tell people in the EU to do lol

Xtreme Member
    awsume...thank you thank you...

all the stickers are still on the board you have just made my day hell...my YEAR!!!....
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Technician
    Email and ask - can't hurt . It was initially offered when the pcie mod was discovered about 18 months ago via the forums here.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yea, warranty is from the date of purchase, unless you cant prove it, then its date of mfc...
    since you bought the board when it was just out, that shouldnt be a problem

i keep all my emails in my webmail account, so i can still find emails from 10 years ago, no matter what pc im on and how many hdds i lost or how often i reformatted...
    but yeah, i guess not everybody does that and when it comes to privacy its probably better not to use webmail, or at least not store emails there...

Xtreme Member
    apparently, Im not doing something right.. ( user error no doubt) lol

I have the email from rick, and the link to the PDF file for rma request.

I fill it in, and then click the email/rma ..it pulls up the email... I enter a small detail of the problem, and then click send email... no response yet....

surely im doing something wrong.. says to either send via email or fax ( my awsume Lexmark 5270 all in one , has turned into a peice of all in nothing) so no option there for me to print and then scan and send.. lol

think Im gonna call Rick again and see what Im doing wrong, or if they have recieved it...LOL

this is MY problem apparently, and nothing to do with the RMA process with Foxconn..once the intial issue was figured out ( again, user error ) it intiated quickly... thats excellent serice
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast