Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auzentech Sound Card announcement!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    It sounds a lot better in Win 7 for me with Audigy 2 ZS and kX Audio drivers compared to Win XP, even clearer and more fine details in the sound but when I compared with Creative's drivers it was the opposite like you said. Perhaps you should give them a try, I could send some "starter" settings for you as newbies can easily get lost in kX Audio settings.
    ah, if i remember correctly you've already told me the exact same thing quite some time ago. that was on my "i'll try that soon" list but obviously i forgot about it - time flies

Quote Originally Posted by RejZoR View Post
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte + WinAMP + Wumpus OpenAL output + Vista/Win7 = teh secks sound
    sounds interesting (pun intended ).

mh, welly well... brb, reboot into win7 ;D

*edit*

what i don't like about win7 + winamp directsound output is that you always have the feeling the sound isn't coming from the speakers in front of you, but from a source 10m away. a lot of dynamic range and volume in sound is lost due to this strange behavior.
    the wumpus openal output plugin works wonders though. the speakers appear more direct and powerful now - sounds almost like winxp, yay! however, i'm not 100% happy with teh sound yet , so i'll give the kx drivers a try.
    Last edited by RaZz!; 12-06-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Addict
    Sure is a lot of weird information here.

1) forte is crap. Emi noise leak like it was designed by a high schoolers

2) auzentech drivers are crap. I had the prelude and dropped it the second the STX came out. almost 3 years since in came out and they still can't fix the low gain issue of their mic

3) windows xp audio stack is VASTLY inferior to vista/7

4) for audiophile listening you should never use directsound. Wasapi/Asio/kernel streaming are all better choices. In that order too
    Computer: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Asus P8P67 Evo | Corsair LP 16gb 1600CL9 | Silver Arrow | Essence STX | Crucial m4 128gb | Silverstone Raven 3|

Video: 2x Sapphire 6950 Toxic 2gb @ 6970 Switch @ 880 / 1350 | Asus VG248QE |

Audio: ODAC+O2 => JH|13 Pro | STX => ATH-AD700X / Audioengine A5

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    Just a guess, but I bet the new creative card with its huge Emi shield doesn't cackle like a maniac. Yeah, that's right..my Forte makes noises when moving the mouse. :-(
    you're using the front panel audio headers, aren't you?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    i can't wait to drop my X-Fi card, EMI leak is a huge PITA as with the Auzentech card i had before it. Background noise is almost as present as on my laptop once i turn down the volume!

Next card is going to be a Xonar Essence STX as i don't need this 7.1 crap, it completely lacks EMI Background noise, has some proper DACs, real headphone support and RCA jacks

@iddqd: Auzentech Cards are overrated, they were the king of the hill some years ago but ASUS overtook them with the latest pcie Xonar cards
    Last edited by generics_user; 12-06-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Xtreme Addict
    No transformer coupled SPDIF? I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by generics_user View Post
    Auzentech Cards are overrated, they were the king of the hill some years ago but ASUS overtook them with the latest pcie Xonar cards
    +1 on this, for cards that will be used for music playback at least.

--Matt
    My Rig :
    Core i5 4570S - ASUS Z87I-DELUXE - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-2400 - 256GB Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme

Xtreme Member
    xfi still has crystallizer godsend for old hard to find lowbitrate mp3s

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RejZoR View Post
    It all depends. For gaming, Creative 3D positioning wins hands down.
    The only reason the Forte hasn't been canned right here. But I'm beginning to wonder if I can live without it. What does Asus offer in lieu of CMSS3D?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post

2) auzentech...mic

4) for audiophile listening you should never use directsound. Wasapi/Asio/kernel streaming are all better choices. In that order too
    Sadly, I can confirm #1. My problem w/ the mic lies in the mini vibrator noise in the background. As for #4, can I go about this w/ the Zune software?

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    you're using the front panel audio headers, aren't you?
    Lol...ur funny. From rear to PIMETA or directly from the headphone amp, it matters not...mouse noise and hiss/buzz/puke/crap can be heard very clearly.

I've wrapped the entire PCIe bracket w/ electrical tape, changed slots, mobos...nothing. The card's on too small a PCB w/ no shielding. AFAIK, the Bravura fixed this w/ some fancy smancy grounding.

Xtreme Addict
    the 6970 will replace my x-fi prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Addict
    The only reason the Forte hasn't been canned right here. But I'm beginning to wonder if I can live without it. What does Asus offer in lieu of CMSS3D?

Sadly, I can confirm #1. My problem w/ the mic lies in the mini vibrator noise in the background. As for #4, can I go about this w/ the Zune software?

Lol...ur funny. From rear to PIMETA or directly from the headphone amp, it matters not...mouse noise and hiss/buzz/puke/crap can be heard very clearly.

I've wrapped the entire PCIe bracket w/ electrical tape, changed slots, mobos...nothing. The card's on too small a PCB w/ no shielding. AFAIK, the Bravura fixed this w/ some fancy smancy grounding.
    a properly designed card doesn't need this EMI shielding at all

xonar DX lives without this shield and has n o noise issue...

you can remove the shielding from essence stx and have no problems, creative has a plastic cover on its new x-fi titanium HD and has no issues at all (great card BTW)

it's all about the card design
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Then what could be the summary?
    what it's the best option for mixed usage gamming/music?
    what it's the best option for the price?
    Silverstone Temjin TJ07B || Silverstone StriderPlus ST850P-F || MSI P67A-GD65 || I5 2500K 3,3Ghz || (RL Uncoming) || G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3-1600 Black X Ripjaws 6-8-6-24@1,5v || SSD OCZ Vertex2 60Gb || Samsung SpinPoint F3 1Tb || EVGA 470 GTX SuperClocked (845/1690/1900/1.075v) || Asus Xonar ST || Sennheiser HD555@595 & Superlux HD668B || Lamptron Fc5 Rv 02 || Asus 20" VW 202S

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Remior View Post
    Then what could be the summary?
    what it's the best option for mixed usage gamming/music?
    what it's the best option for the price?
    well the x-fi is great for eax5...lol
    you really can't go wrong with either auzentech of asus.
    it also depends on analog/digital and what speakers you have/
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Addict
    I said too small! That means crappy, right?

Then:
    X-Fi EAX > Xonar GX for games; but on music better Xonar's? Creative drivers crappy vs Asus Drivers?
    I have a Xonar DG and a Sennheiser HD555@HD595 ; and i'm very happy with that combo, but on shooters games Xonar GX 3D positioning it's not very good, on music all it's perfect and really surprising on a sound card under 30€ (sounds like a expensive sound card). I'm looking for a better one but it's a shame that Asus don't improbe their 3D GX, because then they would have the better options to buy with good drivers, good quality build, good prices, and finally good 3D sound.
    Silverstone Temjin TJ07B || Silverstone StriderPlus ST850P-F || MSI P67A-GD65 || I5 2500K 3,3Ghz || (RL Uncoming) || G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3-1600 Black X Ripjaws 6-8-6-24@1,5v || SSD OCZ Vertex2 60Gb || Samsung SpinPoint F3 1Tb || EVGA 470 GTX SuperClocked (845/1690/1900/1.075v) || Asus Xonar ST || Sennheiser HD555@595 & Superlux HD668B || Lamptron Fc5 Rv 02 || Asus 20" VW 202S

Xtreme Addict
    I miss my Diamond Monster Sound MMX300.

And that little bee...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    Sure is a lot of weird information here.

2) auzentech drivers are crap. I had the prelude and dropped it the second the STX came out. almost 3 years since in came out and they still can't fix the low gain issue of their mic

3) windows xp audio stack is VASTLY inferior to vista/7

Never heard of these, will check it out. Took a while to hunt down the app: http://www.foobar2000.org/components...foo_out_wasapi
    From what I read about it on Hi Fi.org its getting good reviews.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!

Hm. Well, if you're using it on a fairly low volume setting, an attenuator might work for you.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah? I'm pretty sure the TF10's came with one. Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Volume's not a problem since the PIMETA's gain's tuned for the HD580's.

Xtreme Member
    Norway, approx. 1367Miles from the Northpole
    I personally perferr the X-fi based soundcards, much more processing power and very suitable for highly compressed music

The problem with compressed music is that you lose the dynamics in the songs, X-fi CMSS® and Crystallizer put some of that back in the tracks. And with an exeptionally large mp3 collection I would not even consider the Xonar..

I own a Prelude and never had the problems metionend with backround noise and poor EMI shielding.. BTW, a plaine metal cover can't stop EMI interferance completly, lot of BS i this tread..
    Last edited by ArcticOC; 12-07-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    Live to Mod.. Mod to Live!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I run my auzentech prelude with no opamp to a SOHA II and have no hiss issue with either the Sennheiser HD650 or AKG 702, and when I want to hook up my Westone 3 I run it amped through a pico slim also no hiss.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticOC View Post
    I personally perferr the X-fi based soundcards, much more processing power and very suitable for highly compressed music

The problem with compressed music is that you lose the dynamics in the songs, X-fi CMSS® and Crystallizer put some of that back in the tracks. And with an exeptionally large mp3 collection I would not even consider the Xonar..

I own a Prelude and never had the problems metionend with backround noise and poor EMI shielding.. BTW, a plaine metal cover can't stop EMI interferance completly, lot of BS i this tread..
    the Crystallizer does help, alot

Xtreme Mentor
    a properly designed card doesn't need this EMI shielding at all

xonar DX lives without this shield and has n o noise issue...

you can remove the shielding from essence stx and have no problems, creative has a plastic cover on its new x-fi titanium HD and has no issues at all (great card BTW)

My Xonar DX sounded like a bowl of rice crispies.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

My Xonar DX sounded like a bowl of rice crispies.
    snap crackle and pop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12