Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What ROM do you run?

Xtreme Mentor

What ROM do you run?

Just curious as to what ROM everyone runs on their android device. I have flashed tons of them (I know I have a problem) and was just curious as to what everyone else found to work the best on their device. I am still hanging onto my original Droid but currently run the latest iteration of MIUI. Below You will find some screen shots and my quadrant score clocked at 1.25GHz.

Xtreme Member
    Stock JPO with hardcore kernel, no overclock.

I am running Rubix Focused on my droid X, so far I like it better than anything else I have tried
    Intel i7 920@ 4.4ghz , Asus Rampage 2 Extreme , all under sweet EK nickle pron , 6gb Corsair Dominator @ 1683mhz , EVGA gtx 560ti , all wrap up in the new and improved BLACKBOX

Xtreme Mentor
    New ROM update (12.11) and new theme. Also flashed in Super Circle Battery mod.

Xtreme Member
    Now on Android 2.2.1 firmware XXJPX, waiting on a hardcore kernel to flash.

Xtreme Member

Screenshots.

Xtreme Addict
    SGS-T595
    Nero V1.0 no OC
    i can't believe it's not gingerbread!!!

XDA dev forum, Nero thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Guru
    When I had my Droid1 I ran Sapphire... I ran Virtuous on my Incredible, and I now run jtClean .9 on my Fascinate... if your contract is up you can get free Fascinate from a few retailers now... wipes the floor with every other device on the market.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Xtreme Addict
    i just got ShootMe, so here are some screen shots of the Nero ROM in action

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by itznfb View Post
    When I had my Droid1 I ran Sapphire... I ran Virtuous on my Incredible, and I now run jtClean .9 on my Fascinate... if your contract is up you can get free Fascinate from a few retailers now... wipes the floor with every other device on the market.
    I have looked at both the Incredible and the fascinate and I am due for an upgrade but at this point I see it as more fit to wait and see what happens at CES.

Edit: Sapphire was nice, I ran it for a few days to test out the Avalon theme mostly. Ended up going back to UD after that as I liked the feature set UD had.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Disposibleteen View Post
    I have looked at both the Incredible and the fascinate and I am due for an upgrade but at this point I see it as more fit to wait and see what happens at CES.

Edit: Sapphire was nice, I ran it for a few days to test out the Avalon theme mostly. Ended up going back to UD after that as I liked the feature set UD had.
    The only reason I would hold off is to wait for LTE devices. Unless Tegra based devices drop before the end of the year on 3g... that would change a lot of things.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by itznfb View Post
    The only reason I would hold off is to wait for LTE devices. Unless Tegra based devices drop before the end of the year on 3g... that would change a lot of things.
    yea I'm curious to see the 4g offerings from verizon in the new year. Not too concerned with dual core but it would be nice.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Disposibleteen View Post
    yea I'm curious to see the 4g offerings from verizon in the new year. Not too concerned with dual core but it would be nice.
    verizon is supposedly revealing a whole bunch of LTE devices at CES, i believe these include the motorola olympus...

also, it's rumored that T-Mobile will be launching LG's new tegra phone... it might even have gingerbread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    I was previously running CyanogenMod 6.1 on my Nexus One, but I recently switched to one of the AOSP Gingerbread builds. I'm currently awaiting CyanogenMod to start building on Gingerbread. In the long term, I'm waiting to get off AT&T in May, and switch to Verizon.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusC View Post
    I was previously running CyanogenMod 6.1 on my Nexus One, but I recently switched to one of the AOSP Gingerbread builds. I'm currently awaiting CyanogenMod to start building on Gingerbread. In the long term, I'm waiting to get off AT&T in May, and switch to Verizon.
    Flashed Gingerbread in a few days ago for a few hours just to see what was up, not a daily driver just yet but it was nice while it lasted.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Running Doc's V6.01 JPY
    Last edited by GMX; 12-27-2010 at 12:59 AM.
    i5 3570k | Asrock Z77 e4 | F3-2666CL11D-8GTXD | GTX660Ti | HX650 | 2xU2312HM

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusC View Post
    i can understand the appeal of verizon with their LTE network, but i personally avoid them like the plague. they have poor customer service and their plans seem overpriced to me, i've been with t-mobile for about 2 years now with zero complaints. $80 a month with unlimited data, txt, bla bla... never a dropped call, friendly customer service, and they let me upgrade my phone 6 months before my contract ended.

they also directly support android as a member of the open handset aliance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 570091D View Post
    i can understand the appeal of verizon with their LTE network, but i personally avoid them like the plague. they have poor customer service and their plans seem overpriced to me, i've been with t-mobile for about 2 years now with zero complaints. $80 a month with unlimited data, txt, bla bla... never a dropped call, friendly customer service, and they let me upgrade my phone 6 months before my contract ended.

they also directly support android as a member of the open handset aliance.
    I agree that Verizon's customer service is mostly terrible. I know, as my Nexus One sadly kicked the bucket the other day, so I just bought out of my contract and switched to Verizon.

I picked up a Droid 2 Global. Motoblur is a joke, and makes the phone absolutely unusable for anything. I rooted the phone and promptly installed a stock-like ROM.

I can say that Verizon's service range is amazing. I have yet to drop off of the 3G EVDO network since getting the phone, and I've traveled between two cities, on the interstate. It's not as fast as AT&T's network in many places, but unfortunately I rarely had reliable 3G service with AT&T. I only got constant 3G if I was downtown in my city.

Anyhow, I'm loving this phone since installing the custom ROM.

Xtreme Member

JPY+Hardcore kernel K12H 256Hz

Xtreme Mentor
    Waiting on a decent full featured gingerbread rom still. Tried out a few different versions but they are all missing something. Cyanogen's nightlies seem to be the most stable so far for me but they are still works in progress.

Xtreme Member
    Myns Warm 2.2 RLS5

On the rise!
    Droid Incredible

Last edited by m411b; 01-06-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    on my evo im running cm 6.1.2
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Fanboy of Good Products
    I'm seriously considering installing a custom but i've never done it before. My original droid is rediculously slow now.

how does overclocking your droid affect the battery life?

I read somewhere that since Froyo it's hard (impossible?) to root now? is that true?
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast