Thread: New Quantum Force LGA1155 P67 Sandy Bridge mobo!

Xtreme Member

New Quantum Force LGA1155 P67 Sandy Bridge mobo!

Foxconn showcase Quantum Force Next-Gen mobo and discuss market trends

Not much info, but some key points about the new mobo:
    - again pure black and red QF style;
    - 12+2 VRM phases;
    - OC buttons;
    - 1x pci-e x16 or 2x pci-e x8 (physical 2x pci-e x16) slots;
    - very affordable price around 150USD.
    ASRock 990FX Extreme4|AMD FX-8320 w/water|OCZ3RPR1866C9LV4GK|XFX HD5850|WD6000HLHX|PC P&C Silencer 910W
    Foxconn BloodRAGE X58|Intel Core i7 920|G.Skill F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD|XFX HD5770|WD6000HLHX|PC P&C Silencer 750W

Technician
    Not so sure. VRM section doesnt look great to me compared to other boards. Its gonna cost more than the Gigabyte UD2 series and have less features than the UD3R series. Not sure where that leaves it really?

Fingers crossed for some good reviews though, would love to see a QF revival.

I am Xtreme
    Doesn't look bad, really.
    Perhaps not many extra features, but not sure they are needed. The price is nice. Could make a solid board if the BIOS is decent.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    looks like the same pwm as on the FB to me?
    i like the pwm heatsink, nothing amazing but looks nice for a entry level/mainstream board
    but it doesnt look very functional at all, where the air supposed to move to cool the thing?
    sb heatsink looks better, nice heatsink, big, flat, large surface area, no stupid stickers that block the airflow...

nice that the mem slots are now fully black and red too...
    i dont really get the point of the oc buttons, lol, you can instantly alter the bclock? why? cause you cant wait to get that BSOD? ^^
    and this only works during the system boot? huh?

cool, they kept my idea of doubling the fan headers, thats nice to see!
    I hope they follow my recommendation of making them very adjustable as well
    i kinda see where they are coming from, about not doing features that dont really add value...
    but then again, what value does the instant oc button add to a sb 1156 board?
    and instead of dual heatpipes id have gone for a proper heatsink that lets air flow through with one heatpipe or no heatpipe at all...

but overall, if this board overclocks K processors well, supports sli and xfire and costs around 125$, itll be a great option for sb!
    I hope they can bring the price down to 99$ though, as FB is selling for 125$ right now and thats 1366...
    for 99$ this COULD be an amazing board!

btw, thats not the foxconn HQ, thats the office in neihu, a MUCH better place than the HQ which has a pretty facade but looks like a factory inside

Xtreme Member
    Buttons work anytime
    even when you booted in to windows
    the Heatsink does not seem to get hot at all even when overclocking to 4.8ghz on water

not tested SLI but it supported

that all i can say but what a lovely board

Xtreme Cruncher
    so why have that OC button when you can't change the bclk? or does it change the multiplier on K or extreme processors?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    button does not change much but it the fsb (bclk) that its change as the default is 100mhz
    you can increase it on the fly a small amount so giving a bit more on your overclocking
    or for you benching but i hope they allow it to change more option, but we wait and see

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    Not so sure. VRM section doesnt look great to me compared to other boards.
    I heard "twelve phases" in the video (maybe 6+6 on both sides of the socket) and "two phases" for Vtt (and maybe the chipset voltage). But the board itself is some kind of a nice surpise. saaya mentioned it some time ago, but nothing more .
    ASRock 990FX Extreme4|AMD FX-8320 w/water|OCZ3RPR1866C9LV4GK|XFX HD5850|WD6000HLHX|PC P&C Silencer 910W
    Foxconn BloodRAGE X58|Intel Core i7 920|G.Skill F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD|XFX HD5770|WD6000HLHX|PC P&C Silencer 750W

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post
    the Heatsink does not seem to get hot at all even when overclocking to 4.8ghz on water
    how are you loading the cpu and for how long?

sounds good...

Technician
    God knows how but I only saw 8 phases before, its clearly 12 phases.

It'll all come down to the bios I reckon. Definitely need RTL for serious memory tweaking, every extra mhz bclk will count with these boards too given the extremely limited adjustment.

1 x GBit ethernet, a backplane full of usb ports, 4 dimms, 3 pcie (8x8x8 configurable) at slots 1/3/5, pci slots at slot 6 and 7, an add on audio card like the BR - that would be my perfect board. No jmicron ide header, no firewire, not even a raid southbridge tbh. Id like to be able to do tri sli at decent pcie speeds and still have a couple of pci slots for my xonar d2 and raid card. Foxconn have the quality and aesthetics aspects nailed already, just layout and extras really. This board is so nearly there it hurts.

Definitely a move in the right direction. The Digital Life series can take care of anyone wanting a huge featureset. Have a P45 ELA here and love it. Can't clock won't clock but its solid as a rock and a real beauty of a board. For a (very) mildly clocked fully featured system (like my media centre) its simply brilliant. The QF section is aimed squarely at lean speed machines and gamers.

Really hope you guys can get a good shipping bios out - any reviews with an immature / not fully featured bios limiting overclocking or speed will kill sales before the board can build a decent rep in the community. Bugs are fine as long as it can clock through the roof from the first day . Likewise you can really take advantage of competitors doing a poor job - gigabyte results are out in the wild so the info is there to compare to before the boards go to review.

Have you had your hands on one with the oppurtunity to try any overclocking carl?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    every extra mhz bclk will count with these boards too given the extremely limited adjustment.
    idk... you think so? whats the difference between 103 and 105?
    its hard to measure that even in synthetic tests...

i personally think pwm quality and hence multiplier ocing is more important, then price, then looks, then features...

3 pcie (8x8x8 configurable)
    dont think thats possible... unless you go PLX or nf200 or hydra...

No jmicron ide header, no firewire, not even a raid southbridge tbh.
    yeah, who even uses ide or firewire nowadays... and as for raid, yes, whoever needs raid in the days of ssds is likely to get a raid card anyways or use external raid...

Id like to be able to do tri sli at decent pcie speeds and still have a couple of pci slots for my xonar d2 and raid card.
    with watercooled cards that might work spacing wise, but what do you consider decent pciE speeds? pciE=bclock on 1155 so... the max youll see is 105 i think... at least stable...

Have you had your hands on one with the oppurtunity to try any overclocking carl?
    fyi, there still isnt anybody that has hit 110 even for a screenshot afaik...
    i heard max is 108 and thats not stable...

Xtreme Member
    most i've had is 104 and not good
    the problem is you have no control on the PCI-E as it in the cpu

and USB3 hates one 1mhz increase

you dont have much choice on the chipset lol
    p67 is raid and end of
    as the other chipset are H then you could have one with out raid but then you have a load of other problem lol
    just remember its one chipset not two lol

Xtreme X.I.P.
    so the pwm was cool with what load again?

Technician
    By PCIE speed I was referring to the 8x8x8 config rather than pcie speed .

If im understanding the architecture right then bclk adjustment is the only way to gain memory speed aside from mem multipliers. That's what I was suggesting when I was saying go for everything possible with bclk. That fine difference will be the difference between boards I would say as I highly doubt you'll see many boards able to achieve an extra 100mhz cpu over other boards, add in a little kick from the extra memory speed and that will be the difference maker in terms of overclocking in reviews.

The board should sell like hot cakes based on price anyway - the gamer crowd is covered with what's already on offer.

PWM is definitely no concern - looks capable of 250 watts without breaking a sweat and 400+ if the cpu could take that.

Any improvements on Aegis on the horizon? It works great but man it looks fugly .