Thread: hailea flow rate

Xtreme Member

hailea flow rate

Hey all.

using a hailea chiller hc-500a chiller did order a 1000 but the gf went mental!

3x gtx480
    i7-965 @4.4
    R3E NB/SB

With the chiller set to 16c my idle and load temps for the GPU (27c/41c) and NB/SB (24c/29c) are fine but my load temp on cpu spikes to around 70c + while it idles at around 31c and playing normal games hits like 41c. I struggle to get the overclock past 4418mhz @ 1.6v.

I've tried knocking the voltage up but when the CPU spikes with Prime running the temps ramp up to like 80c and system just crashes.

I was wondering if this could possibly be a flow issue ?

I have one MCP655 pump in the loop and the loop consists of and in flow order

chiller out -> CPU -> NB/SB -> GPU blocks -> Reservoir -> Pump -> Chiller in.

Chiller is located on the ground, system on a desk, reservoirs at top of case and pump at bottom of case.

The flow indicator on my system looks a little slow even with the pump at max setting.

I do own several more of the D5 pumps and i am wondering if i should add another one anywhere in the loop and if this would help my spike temperature.

The reservoir water stays extremely cold so i am sure i've got a big enough pool, it's just that spike heat from running something like prime.

Using a heatkiller rev.3 block for cpu, ek gtx480 blocks for gpus and ek R3E mobo block.

Thanks in advance all

From the experiences I have had idle temps seem to be about 10-15 degrees above my water temp and at 100% load they rise to about 40-50 degrees above my water temp.

Very low water flows will have an impact but once you reach a certain level of water flow it has very little impact on the inside core temp of the cpu.

Xtreme Member
    If I did want to go ahead and add a second pump, where would be the most efficient place to add it into the loop ?

Most pumps are designed to be push type pumps that rely on water being feed to them under gravity pressure. For this type of pump as close to but below the reservoir is the best place.